Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World of Warcraft - lol wow sux, *plays Rift*, lol back 2 wow

Homercles82

• 3 weeks later...
What pre-cata things are happening?

I linked them in the OP but basically there are some easy quests that explain what is going on with the Twilight Cultists, Cho'Gall and the elementals. Right now every 3 hours or so there is an invasion of TB and Org or IF and SW. A bunch of level 80 non-elite elementals start spawning. During this time your city's leader has people setting up barricades and your job is to kill the dam things.

Then level 80 elite elementals start spawning that you need a raid to take down. They spawn constanly. During this time players not fighting need to be using a special totem given by one of the Shaman quest givers to free citizens trapped by the elementals. You move through multiple corridors of the cities to do these things until they are stopped.

After that you have 30 minute window to do a couple retuned bosses from older instances that have been helping Deathwing and Cho'Gall.

It is totally awesome to in Org fighting alongside hundreds of horde members against the elementals.

The Shattering of Azeroth is coming next week which means DEATHWING IS COMING!

I am going to play WoW again when the new expansion comes out (assuming I get it for Christmas, it's on my list). I have a Level 40 gnome warlock, cant remember what server. It's been about 4 years or longer since I played. Are they any good still? Everyone used to hate them.

I think I remember my account name, but don't remember what server I used to play on lol. How hard is it to level now? It was a ***** from what I remember and I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter that will take away the majority of leveling time. I can't sit and play video games all day long on Sat. or Sunday like before.

I am going to play WoW again when the new expansion comes out (assuming I get it for Christmas, it's on my list). I have a Level 40 gnome warlock, cant remember what server. It's been about 4 years or longer since I played. Are they any good still? Everyone used to hate them.

I think I remember my account name, but don't remember what server I used to play on lol. How hard is it to level now? It was a ***** from what I remember and I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter that will take away the majority of leveling time. I can't sit and play video games all day long on Sat. or Sunday like before.

Warlocks are still a great class to play. Your talent trees are well defiend and give you three different play styles.

Leveling has been tuned to help players through the 1 - 70 content faster. You get more Xp per kill and quest. You can also get heirloom items which grant XP and stat bonuses that basically make your low level character overpowered. But you need a level 80 to get the items.

I really think you are missing out on a great pre-expansion event with the Elemental Invasion that is going on.

As far as time committment you can honestly play for less than an hour a day and accomplish a lot. Blizzard has done a great job in making content accessible.

Good to know. The last expansion I played was Burning Crusade. I know they had that Lich King expansion. Question, if I were to re-install WoW with my Burning Crusade discs, would the game patch all the remaining content? Or do I need to buy the latest expansion and install?

If it's the latter then it really doesn't make sense for me to drop $20 bucks and then another $60 (if I don't wait till Christmas).

Good to know. The last expansion I played was Burning Crusade. I know they had that Lich King expansion. Question, if I were to re-install WoW with my Burning Crusade discs, would the game patch all the remaining content? Or do I need to buy the latest expansion and install?

If it's the latter then it really doesn't make sense for me to drop $20 bucks and then another $60 (if I don't wait till Christmas).

You need to purchase Wrath of the Lich King. I don't know what their answer is for new players or players who haven't purchased all the expansions.

I haven't played in almost a year, but Blizzard sent me a offer to let me activate my account for 7 days and I think I might take them up on that.

I've played all the expansions but once I got a couple of character to 80 I got pretty bored and I also would like to graduate from college at some point and spending too much time on WoW wouldn't help that. :ols:

Wait, I was able to merge my old account into my current battle.net account and when I went to upgrade, it gave an option to upgrade both Cataclysm pre-order and Lich King for only $67.99 (15% off) bundle package. It would upgrade me to Lich King now and then Cataclysm on Dec. 7th.

That's actually not that bad. I would only be paying $28 bucks for it, but oh well. I may pull the trigger on this because Thanksgiving week I'll have a 4 day weekend and could get some leveling done. Then I'm off the entire week of Christmas and the Monday after, so I would get some leveling done then.

Of course, it never works out quite the way I want it too.....

This is weird. I put in Burning Crusade to install before I go to upgrade to Lich King. When I put in the disc, it said play WoW, so it was already installed. When I purchased the Lich King/Cataclysm upgrade after the purchase it said you log into the game and it will install Burning Crusade and Cataclysm on Dec. 7th.

I go to my account page and it says that I have WoW standard, Burning Crusade, Wrath of the lich king and pre-order Cataclysm active on my account. When I start playing the installer is installing Burning Crusade.

WTF is going on? I better not get ripped off and not get the Lich King upgrade or heads will ****ing roll.

I assume since its been May 2008 since the account was active, that it's having to patch the Burning Crusade content, then will install Lich King. Does anyone agree with that assumption?

Stormreaver! I'm horde on there and we're pretty damn good at most BGs. We won WG for about a month straight, which was pretty nice.

Cool, I might have to start all over, but what the hell. Read my post right above the one I was asking about the servers. Do you think they are going to **** me over?

Ixcuincle, I finally am coming back. What server do you play on again? Also, which is the best PvP server right now?

One on Trollbane and two on Drak'Thul

I left when my guild was breaking up due to a Ventrilo joke gone bad so I don't know what the situation will be like when I come back, plus no one raids on the realm not named Trollbane and if they do you have to be over 5000 GS

If you wonder about it, call them. I'd put even money on them offering a you a deal if you said something along the lines of "I played a while back, and I want to get back into it. I just don't want to have to pay $100 for each expansion when the last one will be out of date next week asking me to buy another one. Is there a deal you can get me? I mean I don't mind the $15 per month, but that up front is killing me."

Seriously, what do you (or they for that matter) have to lose. If they have a smart manager, they would give you the back versions in exchange for a pre-purchase of Cat and a 3 month prepay...At that point they really aren't out anything as the marginal costs of another player has to be next to nothing but they have presold the new version and tied another customer for another 3 months. Win win...I think...but who knows if the person who answers the phone or the person who trains them or their supervisor thinks in these terms.

If you guys are interested, come join me on Stormreaver and whatnot. It's a fun server filled with ADULTS (on horde side.... allies are pretty young) and horde always wins, so that's a plus. :)

There are a few pre-Cata events out now that are interesting, I guess... a little boring but eh, whatever. :) I'm excited for the new expansion.

If you wonder about it, call them. I'd put even money on them offering a you a deal if you said something along the lines of "I played a while back, and I want to get back into it. I just don't want to have to pay $100 for each expansion when the last one will be out of date next week asking me to buy another one. Is there a deal you can get me? I mean I don't mind the $15 per month, but that up front is killing me."

Seriously, what do you (or they for that matter) have to lose. If they have a smart manager, they would give you the back versions in exchange for a pre-purchase of Cat and a 3 month prepay...At that point they really aren't out anything as the marginal costs of another player has to be next to nothing but they have presold the new version and tied another customer for another 3 months. Win win...I think...but who knows if the person who answers the phone or the person who trains them or their supervisor thinks in these terms.

I'm definitely going to call them if I get screwed, then demand free months of game play. I'm at 97% now on the Burning Crusade installation, we shall see what happens in a few minutes.

I'm pretty sure BC got patched a ****load since I last played it, so it would be understandable if its gotta patch that before the LK installation.

I'm definitely going to call them if I get screwed, then demand free months of game play. I'm at 97% now on the Burning Crusade installation, we shall see what happens in a few minutes.

I'm pretty sure BC got patched a ****load since I last played it, so it would be understandable if its gotta patch that before the LK installation.

Add me to your realid thing, if you even know what it is. (You can keep track of your friends by their email address, instead of individual names) rachievegas@gmail.com

I called them and it was a 25 minute wait time so I hung up. After it installed BC, it patched it, then when I started the game, it had the LK listed, so I'm pretty sure I'm all good to go. It's installing to 4.01 or 4.03 version right now, not sure which one because it says 4.0.0 but when I look at the patches on the website, it only has 4.0.1 and 4.0.3 listed. How much ****ing longer is all this going to take lol.

I called them and it was a 25 minute wait time so I hung up. After it installed BC, it patched it, then when I started the game, it had the LK listed, so I'm pretty sure I'm all good to go. It's installing to 4.01 or 4.03 version right now, not sure which one because it says 4.0.0 but when I look at the patches on the website, it only has 4.0.1 and 4.0.3 listed. How much ****ing longer is all this going to take lol.

4.0.0, 4.0.1 and 4.0.3 are HUGE patch files. They are basically loading most of the information you will need for cataclysm. I am on Xfinity and had to let mine download overnight.

Archived