Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World of Warcraft - lol wow sux, *plays Rift*, lol back 2 wow

Homercles82

looks like a fairly straight forward tank and spank fight with a run through portal. much like the rest of the OS. Granted the X shaped fires could be annoying, but like ICC don't stand in the fire (or ice)! I couldnt make out the loot though. Any thing good drop?

Supposed to be similar to those dropped by Lich King. Wowwiki doesn't have a loot listing yet.

http://www.wow.com/2010/06/22/15-minutes-of-fame-kc-royals-pitcher-kyle-davies/

For all the flak gaming gets over its notoriously time-sucking qualities, World of Warcraft seems to make a surprisingly good lifestyle fit for professional athletes. Olympic swimmer Megan Jendrick takes refuge in a nice, anonymous PUG raid after a hard day in the pool. MMA fighter Jens Pulver pounds a whole roster of characters after a day in the octagon. And squeezing in Icecrown Citadel in lonely hotel rooms on the road is the perfect downtime release for Kansas City Royals pitcher Kyle Davies.

Opening the 2009 season as the No. 3 starter, Davies is well known for his work ethic. Despite a contract guaranteeing him some $1.3 million this year, he chooses to spend the off-season toiling away on his dad's construction crew. And despite a hectic road schedule that limits raiding opportunities to PUGs, Davies has managed to clear ICC with both his mains and is chipping his way through hard modes.

Nice to know we play the same game as hard-working pro athletes

Oh man, little brother probably received the best birthday present ever. Nice thing too is I'm benefitting from it too. Rents picked up two passes to Blizzcon later this year, he's only 14 so they don't want him flying/going by himself of course (I kinda brought up this point)

-Cataclysm

-Starcraft 2

The online queue for those passes so so so ridiculous. Passes went on sale at 10:00, refreshed over and over and ended up in the queue at about 16,000 in place...missed out on the first batch.

Second time around, used two computers, Chrome = Success

And no, I'm not dressing up:silly:

Oh man, little brother probably received the best birthday present ever. Nice thing too is I'm benefitting from it too. Rents picked up two passes to Blizzcon later this year, he's only 14 so they don't want him flying/going by himself of course (I kinda brought up this point)

-Cataclysm

-Starcraft 2

The online queue for those passes so so so ridiculous. Passes went on sale at 10:00, refreshed over and over and ended up in the queue at about 16,000 in place...missed out on the first batch.

Second time around, used two computers, Chrome = Success

And no, I'm not dressing up:silly:

You forgot the best Blizzard game...

-Diablo 3

You forgot the best Blizzard game...

-Diablo 3

Also one of my favorites, I can only imagine how my little brother is feeling about this trip. I know when I was 14, I couldn't sleep over at a friends house let alone travel to the otherside of the country (Asian mother:silly:). I'm really interested on getting in-game WoW swag

well there seems to be a good grip of fans who play. maybe we can discuss something before Cata comes out. I don't see why we all wouldn't want to band together for the expansion.

I guess the only thing i could see holding us back, is server preference and whether you're too clingy to your current guild to move on...

well there seems to be a good grip of fans who play. maybe we can discuss something before Cata comes out. I don't see why we all wouldn't want to band together for the expansion.

I guess the only thing i could see holding us back, is server preference and whether you're too clingy to your current guild to move on...

Definitely, I see no reason why we all can't make alts, If it becomes serious then that would be cool. It'll still be fun either way

I see the biggest obstacle as choosing between Ally and Horde

Mage and shaman. I raid (11/12 HM ICC10, 10/12 HM ICC25) and PvP (2400 mmr on two toons in 2v2 and 3v3 in Season 7).

Used to take it too seriously, now that I have a beautiful 4 month old baby boy, I log on after he falls asleep for 2-3 hours, 4 times a week, to "raid" with my guild. Which means I crack jokes and blather in vent because World of Warcraft is becoming more like World of Facebook for a lot of us. Amazingly, that's defined as "casual" to a lot of people, though it's still a pretty major time commitment. It's basically watching a baseball game every night, which when you think about it, is a lot of time.

I rarely arena anymore, and if I do, it's just to get 10 games in for the week.

Feel free to PM me if you're interested in armorying my toons.

I used to play a lot, but cut back some, I mainly raid 4 nights a week for 3 1/2 hrs, and do arena 2 hrs one night a week. Still, 15 hours a week is a decent time sink. With work and one summer class, I don't really run dailies BGs / Heroics anymore.

I play alliance side, 11/12 HC 25, 11/12 HC 10s, working on H LK in both. Have 2300 5s and 2100 3s. Play an Elemental Shaman and a Survival / Marks Hunter.

well, i play alliance side as a fury warrior. i started out as horde but got sick of this faction and will be sticking with my allies.

i play 2-4 times a week and raid 3-4 hours when i do raid. So anywhere from 8-12 hours a week is dedicated to playing which to me is much better than how i used to raid in BC and vanilla wow.

i dont really arena, i just enjoy raiding. ive done 3/12 25 ICCHM , 3/12 ICC10 HM.

and with Cata 10 man raids having the loot distribution same as 25s, it'll be the end to most 25 raids. which to me, is good.

so it seems like there are a good number of GOOD players responding to this. now it's a matter of collectively working together and deciding on a server and a raid leader who can actually lead raids.

so i've already taken the liberty to research a few good servers which are alliance strong.

the following servers are all from the Ruin battlegroup which favors allys. all servers are among the top 50 in server progress and have at least 10-12K alliance versus whatever horde. starting from top to bottom, measures the servers highest population to lowest.

All servers are EST timezones.

1. Arthas

2. Shattered Hand

3. Mannoroth

4. Bleeding Hollow

Servers 2, 3, and 4 are among the top 25 in progress.

I currently reside on Executus (EST PVP ranked 75 or something) server which maintains decent progress which would entitle us to possible server firsts if anyone cares about that, but the battlegroup is very much horde favored.

• 3 months later...

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/press/pressreleases.html?101004

PARIS, France – October 4, 2010 – Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced that World of Warcraft®: Cataclysm™, the highly anticipated third expansion for the world's most popular subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game*, will be released starting on December 7, 2010. The expansion will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 and Macintosh® at a suggested retail price of €34.99 ($39.99 USD) and will also be offered as a digital download from the Blizzard Store. A special Collector’s Edition packed with bonus items will be available exclusively in retail stores for a suggested retail price of €69.99 (still $69.99 USD).

December 7th is a Tuesday so expect a midnight launch. I am probably going to put in a sick day for the 7th but will wait and see what my brother is doing. I do have a final the night of the 7th so I may take the 8th off and start playing after my final on Tuesday night.

Protip: If you have no already pre-ordered the collectors edition at Gamestop DON'T (you cannot anymore anyways). Just go to your local WalMart at Midnight and get it there without having to deal with Gamestops BS. My brother, cousin and friend went to Gamestop on launch night and had to deal with stupid crap from the employees. They made people segregate by in-game faction then held a dance contest. Then whichever faction had the most players there got their games first which meant any unspoken for CE's got taken first. They got pissed and went to Walmart. They were able to waltz right in, grab their copy without any BS and go home to play.

the collector's edition includes an art book, high quality mousepad, in-game pet ONLY available via purchase of CE. The art books alone are usually worth the extra price but the mouse pad is nice and the pet is perfect for those who are working towards their achievement, like me.

My first job will be making a Goblin Rogue named either Eggsalad, Griphook (harry potter reference) or Lolrouge. I am not worried about leveling to 85 yet. My brother and I are in a good guild on the Sentinels server so if you wanna start up as leveling buddies let me know.

I am tempted on my main to purchase Azeroth Flying (only like 250G) and fly around the world seeing the new sights.

What will you do first?

Sentinels US RP is a PST time zone, medium pop server that I play on. Our battlegroup has a 70%+ win rate in most BG's last time I checked. If it is AV weekend you can almost guarentee yourself a 90%+ win rate which is great for leveling alts.

The guild I am in is one of the oldest on the server with lots of helpful people. The GM is not a bank nazi and will pass items out when you ask without much care. The guild holds a day, usually once a month, where we all get into a raid and the GM "raffles" off anything and everything simply by having everyone interested do a /roll. I have won 1,500 gold in one night. Some prizes I can remember are 10 run throughs for a lowbie through instances of their choice, "rent-a-tank" for 5 heroic randoms, 250G, 500G, 1,000G and one time we even had someone win 5,000G for epic flying. We had an enchanter empty his whole bank out of enchanting materials that a new enchanter won and he leveled up to almost 400 with them alone.

We have raid teams. We have Arena teams. Pretty much anything you think of we have it. We do consider ourselves casual.

Yes it is an RP server but we chose it because we found slightly more mature player base there and Rp is completely volunteer. The biggest thing people get mad about is naming rules. I'd be happy to get alts invited to the guild I am in.

Level probably, hopefully all the raid gear I currently have will help speed that up. Do you know how heirloom items will be affected if at all? I'm at the office so everything "WoW' is blocked

Ohya Blizzcon, in about two weeks

I have seen on MMO Champion there will be head pieces and cloaks available via guild achievements. There is a 3rd heirloom from guild achievements but I cannot remember which slot it is for. 2 of the new heirlooms from guild achievements give +5% Xp each and the third gives +10%. So theoretically with those 3 heirlooms plus the Fishing Ring and older heirlooms you can push +45% Xp while leveling! I know that current heirlooms will not work past level 85. I thought I saw at one point there were new heirlooms that worked for 1-85 but I cannot confirm because wow wiki is blocked at my job.

I have seen on MMO Champion there will be head pieces and cloaks available via guild achievements. There is a 3rd heirloom from guild achievements but I cannot remember which slot it is for. 2 of the new heirlooms from guild achievements give +5% Xp each and the third gives +10%. So theoretically with those 3 heirlooms plus the Fishing Ring and older heirlooms you can push +45% Xp while leveling! I know that current heirlooms will not work past level 85. I thought I saw at one point there were new heirlooms that worked for 1-85 but I cannot confirm because wow wiki is blocked at my job.

That's ridiculous, but honestly I think aside from really learning about your character. The 1-80 is a mindless grind. I don't think I really, really started enjoying(becoming addicted) to the game was until I hit end-game content (raiding)

That's ridiculous, but honestly I think aside from really learning about your character. The 1-80 is a mindless grind. I don't think I really, really started enjoying(becoming addicted) to the game was until I hit end-game content (raiding)

I enjoy leveling until Outland. Then it really feels like a grind. I am certain they will tune Xp gains to help through Outland and Northerend.

Also, the release date is later because there is a lot more happening in this game as far as tuning existing content. I am glad it is December and not late January as some had said. It would make better fiscal sense to release BEFORE Christmas.

Stop it! Stop it right now!

With 5 classes and a family I can NOT start playing WoW again and here you all sit trying to talk me into playing.

It doesnt help that I was invited into the beta for Cataclysm :)

Must fight the urge......................

Focus on classes and family dude. It is just a video game and not worth ignoring more important parts of your life for. If WoW is anything like Everquest it will still be played in 10 years and because they have a significantly larger user base it will be around for that long.

hope you guys finished your Loremaster achievements! i hear after the patch, it won't be doable anymore.

Did 4.0.1 land today? I just saw on twitter that maintenence is until 1PM PST.

Archived