Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World of Warcraft - lol wow sux, *plays Rift*, lol back 2 wow

Homercles82

Two slow (1.8ish) daggers would be better for leveling as Mutilate than a slow MH, fast OH since most damage will come from mutilate.

I haven't played in a long while but I may start up again when Cataclysm comes out. We'll see.

Two slow daggers may increase mutilates damage but a slow offhand kills white dps and lowers how often poisons are applied. The general consensus is slow MH, fast OH.

Now I just need to find some daggers, still :silly:

So...with Cata coming out in a little less than a month. What would be the best way to go about pre-ordering or obtaining a copy, ASAP. I would download, but I swear those servers are shot to hell on the release night

Now I just need to find some daggers, still :silly:

So...with Cata coming out in a little less than a month. What would be the best way to go about pre-ordering or obtaining a copy, ASAP. I would download, but I swear those servers are shot to hell on the release night

Go to walmart at midnight the night of the release and you can have your pick of regular or collector's edition.

Two slow daggers may increase mutilates damage but a slow offhand kills white dps and lowers how often poisons are applied. The general consensus is slow MH, fast OH.

Yea, for level 80. For leveling when you're killing things in 5 seconds, Mutilate will be the majority of the dps - especially with no Envenom. Of course, the talents and leveling might have changed with the 4.0 patch. I haven't seen the patch notes.

This is a long write up but I am trying to get my experiences so far with 4.0.1 out there.

I respecced my Death Knight, level 76, to Blood to try out the new tanking and it seems to be working semmlessly. It seems almost too easy and my DPS seems high but I cannot be too sure of that because I do not have recount installed. The only time I had health issues was when the healer decided to go afk but I popped a few cooldowns and sacrificed my ghoul. Doing those things made me able to withstand an onslaught of the boss until the priest woke up. A blood DK primarily is going to rely on Blood Boil (with diseases spread through Pestilience) along with Death and Decay to AOE tank. It has worked flawlessly so far. Single target tanking is a breeze with Dark Command and the changes to Rune Strike. It is an instant strike now and generates threat like usual. Blood Boil also has a cool new animation effect to it.

My mage's damage is crazy insane and will be getting a nerf per Ghostcrawler on the official forums. 10K icelance seems a bit extreme. I hope they don't swing the nerf bat too hard though because everything seems tuned for the huge upgrade in stats when Cataclysm hits.

Reforging and the new stat systems are confusing to me so I am waiting for EJ or SomethingAwful WOW nerds to help me out on that. Apparently the amount of +hit needed to cap is ridiculously high and some have said that reaching that cap with gear currently available is impossible to do without talents but again I think stat inflation on new gear will fix that.

The new glyph system is odd but I appreciate that once you learn a glyph you will always be able to use it again as long as you have vanishing powder. They added a new series of glyphs called Prime Glyphs which seem to just be old glyphs relabled. But you can have 9 glyphs now which is sweet. 3 prime, 3 major, 3 minor.

I have heard that Paladins hate the new Holy Power or whatever it is called system. I will ask my friend how he likes it.

The mod called Power Auras is installed by default and that is amazing. Power Auras is a a mod that you can set to have a mini display or animation around your character when certain abilities are activated. For example on a mage when Arcane Missiles are active I have a small animation that glows appear around my character that disappears when the spell is used or the buff disappears. I have not looked into it since it was built into the WOW interface but it used to be highly customizable.

The new Guild tab is full of great information but it is highly irritating to someone who has been used to pushing O to have to push J now. Old habits die hard I guess! Being able to see everyones professions in guild tab eliminates the need for a second addon (GuildAds) and anytime we can eliminate a 3rd party addon I am happy (so is my processor haha).

I hope you got your heirlooms before patch 4.0.1 because the cost of them has inflated tremendously. Because there are no longer badges everything costs Justice Points. Whereas an heirloom weapon may have cost 65 badges before it now costs over 2000 Justice Points. Tier 10 gear that used to cost the same in Badges now costs around 1300 Justice Points. Considering you get 138 justice points for a weekly raid and around 13 for a heroic it seems like a huge mountain to climb. My figures are not 100% accurate.

There are now bonuses for wearing a complete set of the type of armor your character should. This will help eliminate classes (hunters and shamans we are looking at you) from trying to lay claim to leather gear that is truly meant for druids or rogues. Across 3 of my characters it has appeared to be a +5% dmg buff.

Rogues have a new talent in their combat tree that gives a huge amount of armor from leather items, I think it is called Reinforced Leather. I have seem some rogues with near 50% damage reduction from armor. That is huge. We are talking plate levels of damage reduction. We are hearing of rogues with Reinforced Leather and Improved Recuperate take on 5 to 6 enemies at once and not go below 75% health. It will be nerfed. Fan of Knives now is based on your throwing weapon damage and can apply poisons!

Subtlety is bugged right now! There is an issue with Garrotes DOT being removed by other DOTs and losing combo points. For some reason this is only affecting rogues speciliazed in subtlety. AVOID SUBTLETY FOR NOW Combat DPS seem slightly higher than Assassination's right now.

My brother says he is not fond of warrior tanking anymore. They removed mocking blow and he feels that rage regeneration is harder to do now. He did not say much else. He loves his mage and the mastery for Arcane tree that gives more damage the more mana you have owns. He said his first arcane blast he cast in ICC10 the other night hit for 22,000 damage. That is insane.

That is all I can think of for right now.

Having played with my Pally only briefly the last 2 days here's what I notice:

Tanking: pretty awesome when it comes to getting and holding aggro. I didn't have much trouble before the patch, and on first try, it seems my aggro is even grater now...to the point where my the 2 off tanks I was with couldn't pull aggro from me in VOA 25 resulting in wipes. I stopped attacking, backed off, and as the debuff counter hits 9 for a second time I'm seriously hurting. The pally bubble saved me the first time, but if in raid make danr sure the off tank has good hit. In regular heroics, if you had no problems before, you shouldnt have them now.

DPS: I only quickly did some mining and weekly rewards in WG. I will say everything died faster now than pre patch.

other: I was happy the librams had the special ability with timers on the buff granted taken away when it comes to the small grinding. The new stat buff seems at least equal. I'm not sure if that is true on the longer fights though where the buff from every crusader strike would stack.

Memo to all- make sure you look at your gear as there may now be empty gem slots.

highest riding speed had to be purchased again- fine, take my 5k. It just means I have to put asside 6k for my priest when at next level he can get cold weather.

Holy pally here. It's very very different now.

Our flash heal, our staple healing spell, is gone. Bliz changed it from a quick, cheap, low-power heal to a quick, expensive, big heal. It's now very situational.

Our main healing spell is supposed to be (I think) Holy Light, which is slower and does moderate healing for moderate mana. We've also been given another instant heal and a big, slow heal and a 'cone of healing' spell, which I guess is our first group heal ... kinda.

Basically the Holy Paladin's strength, mana-efficiency and single-target healing, seems to be no more. I have no idea what it is now, though. The entire dynamic has changed.

This may be good, or bad, or neither or both. I just don't know yet.

Yes, I have heard most pallies feel out of place now with such major changes. It kind of sucks because I always loved Pally heals. We shall see if you guys adapt or if they make some changes back.

The cinematic is AWESOME! I really dig Deathwing's voice and cannot wait to see the fight.

Holy pally here. It's very very different now.

Our flash heal, our staple healing spell, is gone. Bliz changed it from a quick, cheap, low-power heal to a quick, expensive, big heal. It's now very situational.

Our main healing spell is supposed to be (I think) Holy Light, which is slower and does moderate healing for moderate mana. We've also been given another instant heal and a big, slow heal and a 'cone of healing' spell, which I guess is our first group heal ... kinda.

Basically the Holy Paladin's strength, mana-efficiency and single-target healing, seems to be no more. I have no idea what it is now, though. The entire dynamic has changed.

This may be good, or bad, or neither or both. I just don't know yet.

Go into battlegrounds and play as a shockadin. Holy pallies are beasts in battlegrounds when you play them like a pvp dps class. I saw this one holy pally facerolling everybody. He was shocking and spamming exorcism on everyone. He was killing everyone and nobody could take him down because of his survivability.

Yea, for level 80. For leveling when you're killing things in 5 seconds, Mutilate will be the majority of the dps - especially with no Envenom. Of course, the talents and leveling might have changed with the 4.0 patch. I haven't seen the patch notes.

I don't think it is much of a difference while leveling really. I honestly think combat swords will be the best for leveling once Cataclysm comes out because of sustained damage against high health mobs.

I don't think it is much of a difference while leveling really. I honestly think combat swords will be the best for leveling once Cataclysm comes out because of sustained damage against high health mobs.

I don't know. I've read info from rogues who are beta testers and they say combat is garbage come cata. They are saying for pve damage, mutilate is the way to go. For pvp, they are saying sub is by far the best spec. They were all hating on combat a lot.

Oh, and just to let you guys know, you can purchase Wrathful Gladiator weapons now with honor only. The tool tip is still red and says you need arena rating, but you can still purchase them with honor. It isn't a bug and blizzard has allowed the weapons to be purchased with honor only, they just haven't updated the tool tip yet.

I don't know. I've read info from rogues who are beta testers and they say combat is garbage come cata. They are saying for pve damage, mutilate is the way to go. For pvp, they are saying sub is by far the best spec. They were all hating on combat a lot.

I read Something Awful Forums WOW section a lot. It is full of nerds and they are all saying that combat is the better leveling spec in BETA because of enhanced survivability and sustained DPS. Assassination is similar to what it is now and Subtlety is still the last choice.

I guess level how you want to though! It is your $15/month!

Oh, and just to let you guys know, you can purchase Wrathful Gladiator weapons now with honor only. The tool tip is still red and says you need arena rating, but you can still purchase them with honor. It isn't a bug and blizzard has allowed the weapons to be purchased with honor only, they just haven't updated the tool tip yet.

I am getting the caster dagger and offhand. I need just a little more honor to get both. Going to gain around +400 spellpower.

I picked up the Wrathful offhands for my Boomkin, they're pretty lovely. And, now that T10 is on welfare, i've been collecting that up as well. And apparently, Eng. enchants now stack with regular enchants. Hooray!

Yeah, eng enchants do stack with reg enchants, but you lose the attribute bonus from eng. For example the cloak enchant. It used to be like 27 spell power and the parachute effect. Now it's just the parachute effect and you lose the spell power bonus, but you can use standard enchants now.

All Hallow's Eve event is going on. I have 2 characters high enough in level to do the Headless Horseman fight. It is annoying as hell that you only get 1 chance per day to get the mount.

I have heard that the helmet drops from the crudely wrapped gift bags you get after defending the lowbie towns.

Here's to another year of not getting the mount... :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived