Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World of Warcraft - lol wow sux, *plays Rift*, lol back 2 wow

Homercles82

WoW is for cool people, and a lot of athletes actually play WoW, so there goes that stereotype.

Anyway I am also in retirement because it's not possible to school and WoW in the same time frame. I will be back around December.

And 1-80 is a grind, but 80 is also a grind too until you get the gear necessary for ICC10...fresh 80's get a lot of ****. OH YOUR GEAR SUCKS YOU'RE ALL BLUE GET OUT

WoW is for cool people, and a lot of athletes actually play WoW, so there goes that stereotype.

Anyway I am also in retirement because it's not possible to school and WoW in the same time frame. I will be back around December.

And 1-80 is a grind, but 80 is also a grind too until you get the gear necessary for ICC10...fresh 80's get a lot of ****. OH YOUR GEAR SUCKS YOU'RE ALL BLUE GET OUT

True but it doesn't matter anymore. Everyone is on hiatus until December 7th because they know the gear you will bet getting from immediate Cataclysm quests will be double stats on everything. I am sure people will be logging in today just to respec their toons and reforge stats on old gear.

I am going to resub around All Hallow's Eve event because I want the Headless Horseman mount then I am going to cancel again until December 7th.

i heard DPSers are seeing 20% DPS loss after patch. bummer. hope you got your lich king kills in already.

How are people playing the patch now? Servers are offline until 1PM PDT according to twitter feed from Blizzard.

If people are seeing a loss it can be from multiple problems.

1. Reforging of stats

2. Glyphs and Gems have changed as well

3. It is intentional to help ease back on the BURN MOAD everyone is in lately.

I was able to login last night and wow! The new talent trees are interesting to say the least, not sure whether good or bad but the explanations before seeing the trees are nice plus mastery is interesting.

There are some bugs as expected. I was running an instance on my Rogue, died then could not enter the instance not could they see my body to resurect me. There is a handy new "Port back to Graveyard" button that appears when you die.

My rogue, although only level 73, seems to be getting better DPS in instances so I am not sure where the 20% less comes from. I was also getting combo points out the wazoo.

My rogue, although only level 73, seems to be getting better DPS in instances so I am not sure where the 20% less comes from. I was also getting combo points out the wazoo.

What are you leveling as? I'm trying to finish my 63 rogue, I was straight Combat before the patch...Oh yeah, any new addons updated yet? My screen looks completely naked with everything turned off, I feel like I'm driving without lights :silly:

How are people playing the patch now? Servers are offline until 1PM PDT according to twitter feed from Blizzard.

If people are seeing a loss it can be from multiple problems.

1. Reforging of stats

2. Glyphs and Gems have changed as well

3. It is intentional to help ease back on the BURN MOAD everyone is in lately.

nah, this was on the public test realm. the people in question were gem'd/glyphed/specced properly.

What are you leveling as? I'm trying to finish my 63 rogue, I was straight Combat before the patch...Oh yeah, any new addons updated yet? My screen looks completely naked with everything turned off, I feel like I'm driving without lights :silly:

I am leveling as Assassination only because I have two dagger heirlooms. Otherwise I would be leveling as swords combat. As an assassain on mobs I go stealthed (obviously), open with cheap shot, then mutilate to 4 combo points and hit eviscerate. Mutilate up to 4 or 5 and eviscerate again. They should be finished by then.

Combat Spec will be more appropriate for Cataclysm for leveling 80-85 because mob health vaslty increases and Combat has sustained damage.

I use Wow Matrix to update addons and about 1/4 of mine updated yesterday evening.

Even with background loader, my computer was still applying patch as of this morning. grrr. I see they have added the option to upgrade to cataclysm at the log in screne. If you buy it there, is it simply going to download when first available?

I guess I might have to switch up my style for a bit then, From 1-63 I just got so comfortable going in, Sinister Striking and finishing up with a huge Eviscerate crit.

NEED DAGGERS NOWS

I like assassain because I tend to jump around from strict questing to instances to BGs, especially if it is Alterac Valley weekend. Mutilate is a banging skill. At 80, right now anyways, Envenom in assassain tree is the DPS of choice but things will change by 85.

I am going to get swords for my rogue to level with.

Even with background loader, my computer was still applying patch as of this morning. grrr. I see they have added the option to upgrade to cataclysm at the log in screne. If you buy it there, is it simply going to download when first available?

I believe it will be available for direct download. I would caution against that because their servers will be pounded on December 7th and I recall someone saying that you won't be able to download it at Midnight EST.

I guess I might have to switch up my style for a bit then, From 1-63 I just got so comfortable going in, Sinister Striking and finishing up with a huge Eviscerate crit.

When I'm levelling my rogue, I use kidney shot more often than eviscerate. Eviscerate does not give you enough bang for the buck compared to the white damage that accrues during a five second stun. The key for levelling a rogue is to take as little damage as possible yourself, so that you don't have to eat/bandage as often.

IMO of course.

I actually took my first "break" after 4 years this past april.Guild had cleared thru 7/12 Hm's pre any % buff in ICC..After taking a close to seven month break I am thinking of coming back and playing a few hours out of the week...nothing serious

Had no idea this thread existed

I've leveled two rogues, one is 80 and one is 71. Combat was considered the best leveling spec, but I actually like sub. Now with the talent tree changes, you get ambush at lvl 8 and your first tier talents give a huge boost to ambush. If you have heirlooms, you'll pretty much one shot a lot of toons while questing. Also, resilience doesn't reduce crit chance now. Burst damage is back at 80 pvp. It's much more fun now.

I am leveling as Assassination only because I have two dagger heirlooms. Otherwise I would be leveling as swords combat. As an assassain on mobs I go stealthed (obviously), open with cheap shot, then mutilate to 4 combo points and hit eviscerate. Mutilate up to 4 or 5 and eviscerate again. They should be finished by then.

Combat Spec will be more appropriate for Cataclysm for leveling 80-85 because mob health vaslty increases and Combat has sustained damage.

I use Wow Matrix to update addons and about 1/4 of mine updated yesterday evening.

Mutilate is absolute faceroll right now, at least at level 30. I'm 1 shotting things my level w/ heirlooms.

Tanking raids and switching off threat has become somewhat of a challenge for pick up raids. I was trying VOA25 last night, and heck if the other tanks (2 tried)would ever taunt off me.

That said keeping aggro on random heroics was easy as pie just like always. I did have to fill in some gems and glyphs, but that wasn't a problem. My pally has plenty of gold for that type of stuff. I will try my pr that I am leveling tonight to see how the healing goes.

I think right now everyone is just relearning their specs after the changes, and I suspect many haven't updated their addons. Deadlyboss is still a lifesaver.

When I'm levelling my rogue, I use kidney shot more often than eviscerate. Eviscerate does not give you enough bang for the buck compared to the white damage that accrues during a five second stun. The key for levelling a rogue is to take as little damage as possible yourself, so that you don't have to eat/bandage as often.

IMO of course.

Maybe it's just me, or the fact that I have ALL of the heirloom pieces for my rogue. I find I only have to bandage once every few mobs which I don't mind too much. But what you said definitely makes a little more sense.

I've got the heirloom shoulders, chest, sword and two trinkets. Would it be more efficient to switch out of Combat because of the 4.01 changes?

and if I do switch out, should I be going fast main hand/slow main hand daggers or vice versa....appreciated any help :), I hate that everything WoW related is blocked by IT

With assassination mutilate you want 2 daggers. Main hand around 1.8 seconds and offhand around 1.4. Apply deadly to MH and Instant poison to OH. Mutilate DESTROYS while leveling. In instances your initial burst damage can be high and the finishers hit hard but on longer fights you will feel energy starved.

Archived