Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World of Warcraft - lol wow sux, *plays Rift*, lol back 2 wow

Homercles82

Maybe it's just my pally was upper end geared from ICC, but at lvl 82 in the game, and I've only replaced one item. There have been a couple of things with higher gear scores...but by the time I equip the gems, my cucrrent gear is much better. Then you have the gem upgrades, and my old gear with gem slots crushes.

Now my priest who only got to 80 2 weeks ago is finding gear upgrade galore.

I guess that's how I would want it. I'd hate to think the gear from raiding wouldn't be good for 3 to 4 levels.

Maybe it's just my pally was upper end geared from ICC, but at lvl 82 in the game, and I've only replaced one item. There have been a couple of things with higher gear scores...but by the time I equip the gems, my cucrrent gear is much better. Then you have the gem upgrades, and my old gear with gem slots crushes.

Now my priest who only got to 80 2 weeks ago is finding gear upgrade galore.

I guess that's how I would want it. I'd hate to think the gear from raiding wouldn't be good for 3 to 4 levels.

Of course, Most of my gear is from Ulduar and a few ToC pieces. I had stopped raiding around then, never did much in ICC. I enjoy the fact that, my little brother however was a fully geared ICC hunter. The playing field is evening out as we approach the 85 level cap.

I'm really liking the expansion a lot

So I'd have to buy all of the games...I couldn't just purchase Cataclysm?

I think just Cata...but I'm not certain.

---------- Post added December-13th-2010 at 12:47 PM ----------

Oh, questing now in Cata is kinda disappointing. I mean I worked for about a month and a half to get two Tyrannical Beheaders, only to have one of them replaced by a random drop green within a single days play....lol...*sigh... I also worked forever to nickle and dime my gs above 5k, only to watch it jump 140 in just a few hours.

Oh, questing now in Cata is kinda disappointing. I mean I worked for about a month and a half to get two Tyrannical Beheaders, only to have one of them replaced by a random drop green within a single days play....lol...*sigh... I also worked forever to nickle and dime my gs above 5k, only to watch it jump 140 in just a few hours.

This is how expansions work.

So I'd have to buy all of the games...I couldn't just purchase Cataclysm?

Depends -

I think you can just buy the original game and then Cata if you want to play as a worgen, goblin, or mess around with archeology(all the changes to the old world are part of "vanilla" wow, no expac needed). However, you will eventually need Burning Crusade to level past 60 and Lich King to go past level 70.

Depends -

I think you can just buy the original game and then Cata if you want to play as a worgen, goblin, or mess around with archeology(all the changes to the old world are part of "vanilla" wow, no expac needed). However, you will eventually need Burning Crusade to level past 60 and Lich King to go past level 70.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101012193900AAYX2wd

You cannot buy vanilla WoW then Cataclysm and play anything new. You have to buy all the expansions and with them all on sale right now it is highly affordable.

Vanilla WoW - $5

The Burning Crusade - $5

Wrath of the Lich King - $10

Cataclysm - $39.95

$60 for 4 games with hundreds of hours of game time.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101012193900AAYX2wd

You cannot buy vanilla WoW then Cataclysm and play anything new. You have to buy all the expansions and with them all on sale right now it is highly affordable.

Vanilla WoW - $5

The Burning Crusade - $5

Wrath of the Lich King - $10

Cataclysm - $39.95

$60 for 4 games with hundreds of hours of game time.

I was not sure if just getting cata would let them play the new races, hence why I said "I think".

And ya, right now is a good time to just buy all the games. My wife and I bought a friend who was thinking about trying the game out vanilla and the first two expacs for Christmas. I still like SOE's deal where buying the exapnsion means getting all of the previous expansions as well, but hey, if people are willing to pay the money then more power to 'em!

I was not sure if just getting cata would let them play the new races, hence why I said "I think".

And ya, right now is a good time to just buy all the games. My wife and I bought a friend who was thinking about trying the game out vanilla and the first two expacs for Christmas. I still like SOE's deal where buying the exapnsion means getting all of the previous expansions as well, but hey, if people are willing to pay the money then more power to 'em!

I believe you have to install the other expansions before you can install Cata.

What was funny was to watch my HP go from 24k to over 71k. It should be higher than that but I have been doing archeology for the past 3 days so I have leveled and haven't improved my quest gear yet. I figur eby the time I get done running my heroics at 85, I will be over 100k hp easy. I was in a group the 2nd night cat came out. I was level 83 and the rest of the group was 80-82. I had more HP than the tank. LOL

Dinged 83 last night...man questing these new zones is fun, but I think I forgot how long it takes.

BTW, being a miner and an enchanter right now is making life good. $$$$$$ I finally topped 8k gold today.

Oh and the first thing I did last week was buy up a ton of "small eggs", every single one of my listings sold yesterday by about 1pm, turned a tidy profit of about 3g per egg.

I like the reforge. I can't tell you how many times I got an item where the "item level" said the new should be better than what I had from ICC, but the stats I needed did not. Then comes the reforge, and suddenly the item is close to as good (still not as good). However, the new item can have the new gems or enchants which do make it better. Currently, my main is at 83 but almost 84 and my alt is stuck at 80 until main is set. That said, the alt is doing the daily JC quests.

Wasn't there supposed to be a new battle ground? I haven't found it yet, and don't see anything new listed in the random battle ground lists.

82 , 82 , 73

Questing getting a little mundane, especially with both 82's doing the same quests. One 82 does a quest chain, then another 82 does the exact same one, then a little bit of leveling with the 73, then sleep

Still haven't been to any Cata instances either

I know. I am off until the new year, so I could be running Heroics today :-( Just got enough gear to get in. I am excited about it since I hear they are extremely tough.

Yeah, what I'm hearing is that the Heroics force you to run the dungeons in normal mode in order to gear up for the Heroics in order to gear up for raiding, like it is supposed to be. Me, I'm just questing like a mad fool, I have cleared each of the new zones that I've been in. It's really nice to know that there is nothing left to do in a zone when you leave it. I finally got to Uldum last night, but it was so late that all I did was fly around checking things out and uncovering the map, looks like a pretty nice looking zone. Although, my favorite new zone so far is Deepholm.

---------- Post added December-22nd-2010 at 09:08 AM ----------

82 , 82 , 73

Questing getting a little mundane, especially with both 82's doing the same quests. One 82 does a quest chain, then another 82 does the exact same one, then a little bit of leveling with the 73, then sleep

Yeah, I can see how that can get a bit mundane as some of those quest lines are pretty long, but I'm really glad that the quests don't consist of "go here, then kill some of these and come back" only to be followed by "oh...remember that other mob that was next to the last mob you had to kill in the previous quest...well go kill some of those then come back" to be followed by "oh...yeah, there are some things on the ground in the place where you just were...go get 25 of those then come back" to be followed by, "Ok, we're finally gonna let you off the hook...go back into that area where we've sent you 3 times now and kill the boss." The Cata quests seem to move you around a lot more in a non-repetitive system which I like, and I like that you can usually pick up 5 or so new quests from new quest givers which usually have 2 or so starting a quest line. As someone who levels by questing I am really pleased with the quests so far.

Still haven't been to any Cata instances either

Nor I, I'm waiting until I'm maxed at 85 before I start running randoms in Cata as I don't want to be the guy who is struggling to keep up.

I LOVE being able to DW Frost again...that build is the ****in tits. 84 now and about 8 million away from being capped.

I feel like Blizz took a solid and much need step by removing pointless quests(FedEx), I didn't think I would like Vash but the Sea Legs buff and cool looking Seahorse mount make it more than tolerable

So far Deepholm is my favorite spot, I like the Rock gods

I LOVE being able to DW Frost again...that build is the ****in tits. 84 now and about 8 million away from being capped.

I'm about 5 million away from cap, 20k and 30k at a time may seem like a lot but wow it takes a lot to build up.

I feel like Blizz took a solid and much need step by removing pointless quests(FedEx), I didn't think I would like Vash but the Sea Legs buff and cool looking Seahorse mount make it more than tolerable

I agree totally, when I got to Vash I was really worried about having to spend that much time in the underwater zone, but with the seahorse and once I finally got used to operating in three dimensions rather than just two then things started to feel a bit better, although if I have one beef with that zone it is the fact that Blizz did everything they could to make it nearly impossible to find the caves. I mean seriously, what is that all about?!

So far Deepholm is my favorite spot, I like the Rock gods

You may not be to her yet, but this chick is crazee...her designer has some serious mommy issues me thinks. :ols:

Therazane.jpg

I'm about 5 million away from cap, 20k and 30k at a time may seem like a lot but wow it takes a lot to build up.

It does and it's definitely a grind, but with it only being 5 levels I'm still enjoying every bit of it. We all know it only gets 100x better once people get into raiding...or I guess PvP/Arena if thats your thing

I agree totally, when I got to Vash I was really worried about having to spend that much time in the underwater zone, but with the seahorse and once I finally got used to operating in three dimensions rather than just two then things started to feel a bit better, although if I have one beef with that zone it is the fact that Blizz did everything they could to make it nearly impossible to find the caves. I mean seriously, what is that all about?!

Lolol YES, I spent a fair amount of time..."Wait a second, was it UNDER the reef or OVER it....WTF I'm STANDING ON THE QUESTION MARK WHERE IS THE NPC...Oh there it is"

You may not be to her yet, but this chick is crazee...her designer has some serious mommy issues me thinks. :ols:

Lol @Rock tits, Yeah I went to Hyjal(Cleared), Deepholm(Cleared), Vash(120/160)

Archived