Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rank the 32 Starting QBs

MattFancy

I'm not listing them all but these are the QB's who can win games and I think Rivers is seriously underrated.

1 Brees

2 Rivers

3 Manning P

4 Brady

5 Favre

6 Romo sits to pee

7 Rodgers

8 Roethlisberger

9 McNabb

10 Schaub

11- Ryan/Manning/Palmer

I like your thinking! :)

1. Peyton Manning

2. Drew Brees

3. Brett Favre

4. Phillip Rivers

5. Carson Palmer

6. Tom Brady

7. Ben Roethlisberger

8. Aaron Rogers

9. Matt Schaub

10. Tony Romo sits to pee

11. Donovan McNabb

12. Eli Manning

13. Jay Cutler

14. Joe Flacco

15. Matt Ryan

16. Jason Campbell

17. Matthew Stafford

18. Vince Young

19. Kyle Orton

20. Josh Freeman

21. David Garrard

22. Chad Henne

23. Mark Sanchez

24. Matt Hasselbeck

25. Alex Smith

26. Matt Cassel

27. Matt Moore

28. Jake Delhomme

29. Matt Leinart

30. Trent Edwards

31. Kevin Kolb

32. Sam Bradford

Not really going to rate Kolb or Bradford based on 2/0 games. I think Clausen will start in Carolina too, if so won't rate him either.

Guy who might have a breakout year is Flacco, with the addition of Boldin. Also Stafford, and the Lions in general.

I would concur with nfl.com have Sanchez in the bottom 5.

Thrown to the wolves as a rookie, stunk it up pretty nice. 12td / 20int = not there yet.

On the other hand, I'd watch out for Carolina's Matt Moore. Looked good after taking over for the Panthers when Jake got benched, torched some good teams and looked like the hottest QB on the rise.

1. Payton Manning

2. Drew Brees

3. Tom Brady

4. Rivers

5. Big Ben

6. Farve

7. Rodgers

8. Tony Romo sits to pee

9. Matt Schaub

10. Eli Manning

11. Donovan McNabb

12. Matt Ryan

13. Jay Cutler

14. Carson Palmer

15. Flacco

16. Jason Campbell

17. Kyle Orton

18. Vince Young

19. Chad Henne

20. Matthew Stafford

21. Matt Hasselbeck

22. Matt Cassel

23. Sanchez

24. Garrard

25. Alex Smith

26. Matt moore (not exactly proven but better then some)

The rest of the QBs just suck ass and aren't really better in any given order.

I'm not counting rookies because they're unproven ( even if they may appear to be good you can never know)

Brees

Payton

Brady

Rivers

Romo sits to pee

Rodgers

McNabb

Eli

Warner

Palmer

I can't put Roethlisberger on this list because he's going to sit and even after that, he's going to have huge pressure on him no matter where he plays.

I can't put Favre on this list until he actually suits up. If he does show up to play in Minny, then he's probably top 5.

I always thought McNabb was a top 10 QB. I think only Manning and Brady have more wins than he does over the past decade. So he knows how to win, you can't dispute that. If he can win a Super Bowl here, I think that might cement him as a HoFer.
If McNabb pulls that off here I think that might cement him as a wizard.

Now that is funny

1.) Peyton Manning

2.) Drew Brees

3.) Tom Brady

4.) Ben Rothlisberger

5.) Brett Favre

6.) Phillip Rivers

7.) Aaron Rogers

8.) Matt Schuab

9.) Tony Romo sits to pee

10.) Donovan McNabb

11.) Eli Manning

12.) Matt Ryan

13.) Carson Palmer

14.) Joe Flacco

15.) Jay Cutler

16.) Mark Sanchez

17.) Vince Young

18.) Jason Campbell

19.) Matt Cassell

20.) Chad Henne

21.) Kevin Kolb

22.) David Gerard

23.) Matt Hassleback

24.) Kyle Ortan

25.) Matt Lienhart

26.) Matthew Stafford

27.) Alex Smith

28.) Josh Freeman

29.) Matt Moore

30.) Sam Bradford

31.) Trent Edwards

32.) Jake Delhomme

How come most people put Rodgers ahead of Romo sits to pee? Just curious.

Because Rodgers is awesome. At this point in his career, I would take him over any other QB in the league. There are a couple that are better than him, but he is younger and has looked just as good. If he has a good O-line he is only going to continue to get better.

I'm not sure why anyone would put Brady ahead of Brees at this point. Brady missed almost all of 2008 and certainly had a good year last year, but has not performed to the level that Brees is currently at since 2007.

Brady is ahead of Brees based on his career. So its stuck in peoples minds. Brees is definitely better at this point, though granted Brady could come out and prove otherwise next year.

Brady is ahead of Brees based on his career. So its stuck in peoples minds. Brees is definitely better at this point, though granted Brady could come out and prove otherwise next year.

Yeah obviously Brady has had the better career thus far. I guess to me the OP is more about who currently is better as opposed to who has had the better career. But if we ARE basing this on total career, shouldn't Favre be in everyone's top 2 or 3?

How come most people put Rodgers ahead of Romo sits to pee? Just curious.

Younger, better model with more upside who's not prone to just throw it up there for a crucial pick at a crucial time.

And he never became a National laughing stock by lowering himself to the Simpson level. :silly:.

Hail.

Yeah obviously Brady has had the better career thus far. I guess to me the OP is more about who currently is better as opposed to who has had the better career. But if we ARE basing this on total career, shouldn't Favre be in everyone's top 2 or 3?

And I am sure the point is who is better NOW. But what I am saying is Brady is kind of stuck in everyones minds as being that top 2 guy, when in reality at this point he is not anymore. He is only like top 5. :silly:

1. Peyton Manning- Colts

2. Tom Brady- Patriots

3. Drew Brees- Saints

4. Brett Favre- Vikings

5. Phillip Rivers- Chargers

6. Donovan McNabb- Redskins (still weird to say)

7. Aaron Rodgers- Packers

8. Ben Roethlisberger- Steelers

9. Tony Romo sits to pee- Cowboys

10. Carson Palmer- Bengals

11. Eli Manning- Giants

12. Matt Schaub- Texans

13. Vince Young- Titans

14. Matt Ryan- Falcons

15. Joe Flacco- Ravens

16. Jay Cutler- Bears

17. Mark Sanchez- Jets

18. Jason Campbell- Raiders

19. Matt Hasselbeck- Seahawks

20. Matthew Stafford- Lions

21. Chad Henne- Dolphins

22. Kevin Kolb- Eagles

23. Kyle Orton- Broncos

24. Sam Bradford- Rams

25. Jimmy Claussen- Panthers (think he beats out Moore)

26. Jake Delhomme- Browns

27. Alex Smith- 49ers

28. David Garrard- Jaguars

29. Josh Freeman- Bucs

30. Matt Leinart- Cardinals

31. Matt Cassel- Chiefs

32. Trent Edwards- Bills

So, I'm going to do my ranking based upon the skill level of these QB's RIGHT NOW, and try to ignore the power that some of the bigger names have from their past performances, and some of the stigma attached to the names of others who haven't performed up to their potential in the past.

I'm also not doing any stat checking on any of them, I'm doing my ranking purely on who I'd want as my quarterback, based on the sight test, AKA my opinion, and NOT factoring in age, because that would change the whole list. Here we go.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Drew Brees

3. Phillip Rivers

4. Aaron Rodgers

5.Tom Brady

*note* if playing, insert Brett Favre here

6. Donovan McNabb

7. Matt Schaub

8. Tony Romo sits to pee

9. Ben Roethlisberger

10. Eli Manning

11. Carson Palmer

12. Matt Ryan

13. Jay Cutler

14. Joe Flacco

15. Vince Young

16. Matthew Stafford

17. Matt Hasselbeck

18. Kyle Orton

19. Matt Cassel

20. Kevin Kolb

21. David Garrard

22. Jason Campbell

23. Mark Sanchez

24. Kevin Kolb

25. Alex Smith

26. Chad Henne

27. Sam Bradford

*note* Insert Sage Rosenfels here

28. Matt Leinart

29. Matt Moore

30. Jake Delhomme

*note* Insert Tarvaris Jackson here

31. Josh Freeman

32. Trent Edwards

I would have liked to rank a guy like Kolb higher, but honestly, I already ranked him higher than he probably should be, just like I did Bradford and Stafford, based off of potential. And hey, its my list, so shut up! :silly:

Based on who will be starting (or who I think will be starting) this season ...

1. Peyton Manning - Still the best in the game.

2. Drew Brees - Hasn't had as many years of amazing play as Manning, but the past years and last year's Super Bowl run are nothing short of incredible.

3. Phillip Rivers - If anyone else were his coach, he'd have been in a Super Bowl by now.

4. Tom Brady - Really fell off last season, didn't look all that invincible, still this high up because of his moments of great play and his resume.

5. Aaron Rodgers - Steadily establishing himself as one of the top QB's in the league, and he had virtually no protection.

6. Tony Romo sits to pee - Still a great regular season QB, still a chokeartist in the playoffs.

7. Donovan McNabb - Still is putting up some excellent numbers.

8. Brett Favre - Based on last year alone, Brett can still play with the best of them.

9. Eli Manning - I'll give Eli a pass on that he has some really young and unreliable targets as of this point, outside of Steve Smith and Kevin Boss.

10. Matt Schaub - Plays in a really QB friendly system with a really QB friendly receiver in Andre Johnson. Will this continue without Kyle Shanahan?

11. Ben Roethlisberger - Less than desirable pocket passing skills, but his improvisation is almost second to none in the league.

12. Carson Palmer - Has had to battle through injuries and a lack of a targets. Will be interesting to see how he does with how the Bengals upgraded their receiving corps.

13. Vince Young - Showed some intense growth last season and actually was able to throw the ball impressively.

14. Matt Ryan - Kinda fell off after his great rookie season, I could totally see him making the jump into the top 10 this season, barring any injuries.

15. Joe Flacco - Looked like he really regressed at times, his new QB coach in Zorn should bring out some improved perfomance.

16. Jay Cutler - Still middle of the pack thanks to his past performances, but another season like the '09 one could put him in the bottom of the pile.

17. Matthew Stafford - Looks like Detroit finally solved their QB problem.

18. Matt Hasselbeck - Still a franchise passer, has had to battle through injuries.

19. Mark Sanchez - As far as the Jets got last season, Sanchez had his moments where he was flat out awful. Needs to show some growth to match the talent he's surrounded by.

20. Chad Henne - Certainly was an upgrade over Pennington for Miami, is a bit of a question mark going into this season.

21. Jason Campbell - He's certainly better than JaMarcus Russell, and the fact is that he has yet to have a worse year than his previous one in his career.

22. Kyle Orton - Had this team on the verge of greatness, than he played like Kyle Orton again.

23. Josh Freeman - Looked really impressive at times on an extremely bad and young team.

24. Sam Bradford - He's a better QB now than any of the guys below him, who haven't shown enough to prove otherwise.

25. Kevin Kolb - Has had two really nice starts, but both were against teams with less than stellar defenses. Has to show a lot more.

26. Jimmy Clausen - Like Bradford, should be just as good than anyone below him on this list, and has room to get better.

27. Alex Smith - Very pedestrian QB, decent stats at best.

28. David Garrard - Same as Alex Smith.

29. Trent Edwards - Showed some flashes in 2008 and in the beginning of last season. Could he bounce back with Chan Gailey?

30. Matt Cassel - Bearing in mind that he played on a team with very few good receivers, he sure didn't look the same he did when he could throw to Randy Moss and Wes Welker.

31. Matt Leinart - How the hell can you look as bad as he has, when you have Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Breaston, and Anquan Boldin (at the time) to throw to?

32. Jake Delhomme - That Arizona playoff game has scarred his psyche IMO, Cleveland will likely end up starting Seneca Wallace by Week 6-7.

1.) Drew Brees

2.) Peyton Manning

3.) Tom Brady

4.) Ben Rothlisberger

5.) Brett Favre

6.) Phillip Rivers

7.) Aaron Rogers

8.) Tony Romo sits to pee

9.) Donovan McNabb

10.) Eli Manning

11.) Carson Palmer

12.) Matt Schuab

13.) Matt Ryan

14.) Joe Flacco

15.) Jay Cutler

16.) Matt Cassell

17.) Vince Young

18.) Matthew Stafford

19.) Mark Sanchez

20.) Chad Henne

21.) Kevin Kolb

22.) Jason Campbell

23.) Matt Hassleback

24.) Kyle Ortan

25.) David Gerard

26.) Matt Lienhart

27.) Alex Smith

28.) Josh Freeman

29.) Matt Moore

30.) Sam Bradford

31.) Trent Edwards

32.) Jake Delhomme

Probably the most accurate list here.

Some of you insist that the whole team is played by the QB and not really chalking up that some qb's , eli manning for example, have been bailed out by a good defense.

Now how can McNabb not be a choke artist, yet Romo sits to pee is, and Brees got to play with a better offense than Indy and some how that makes him better than Peyton who is the best student of the game? Seriously?

Are you calculating who is doing well with a better crop of WR's, RB's and offensive line when putting these lists together.

I bet none of you would ever have Testeverde whos played decent with bad lines on any of your lists, yet a guy like Brees, who it took a new team and two decent RB's to finally get to the SB after 4 years sucking it on SD where Rivers is doing a heck of a job?

Who has noted the defense Eli got to have when all Spag did was blitz blitz blitz, and much like Jimmy JOhnsone of the Eagles, when the blitz didnt work, you blitz again.

Who took note that even those Rothlisberger had the worst rating of any SB QB, yet won because of a strong defense, and when that defense hasnt been strong, neither is his winning percentage?

Clausen??? REALLY?? What has he done to EVEN remotely think he'll have a good year? No love for Ryan? How come Hasselbeck is rated well because the Seahawks wouldnt admit they couldnt find anyone better?

Matt Moore beat better teams than Kolb did and yet people have Kolb rated higher than Moore, who went from PS to a 53 man roster and should have taken over a long time ago for an aging DelHomme? Really?

Romo sits to pee, whos last year best reciever was HIS TE and his WR drop the ball more times than Skins fans last year dropping F bombs over that team? Really?

Brady who has worked with little over the years has won the SB, probably due to system, insert Cassell in the same system, take Cassell out and you have pedestrian QB in KC?

What is most of you basing these ratings off of?

You want to underate a QB, how about Campbell who hasnt been 2 years in the same system since HS or early college? That poor guy got a bum rap in Washington because the owner wont admit when he makes a bad decision.

Some of you insist that the whole team is played by the QB and not really chalking up that some qb's , eli manning for example, have been bailed out by a good defense.

Now how can McNabb not be a choke artist, yet Romo sits to pee is, and Brees got to play with a better offense than Indy and some how that makes him better than Peyton who is the best student of the game? Seriously?

Are you calculating who is doing well with a better crop of WR's, RB's and offensive line when putting these lists together.

I bet none of you would ever have Testeverde whos played decent with bad lines on any of your lists, yet a guy like Brees, who it took a new team and two decent RB's to finally get to the SB after 4 years sucking it on SD where Rivers is doing a heck of a job?

Who has noted the defense Eli got to have when all Spag did was blitz blitz blitz, and much like Jimmy JOhnsone of the Eagles, when the blitz didnt work, you blitz again.

Who took note that even those Rothlisberger had the worst rating of any SB QB, yet won because of a strong defense, and when that defense hasnt been strong, neither is his winning percentage?

Clausen??? REALLY?? What has he done to EVEN remotely think he'll have a good year? No love for Ryan? How come Hasselbeck is rated well because the Seahawks wouldnt admit they couldnt find anyone better?

Matt Moore beat better teams than Kolb did and yet people have Kolb rated higher than Moore, who went from PS to a 53 man roster and should have taken over a long time ago for an aging DelHomme? Really?

Romo sits to pee, whos last year best reciever was HIS TE and his WR drop the ball more times than Skins fans last year dropping F bombs over that team? Really?

Brady who has worked with little over the years has won the SB, probably due to system, insert Cassell in the same system, take Cassell out and you have pedestrian QB in KC?

What is most of you basing these ratings off of?

You want to underate a QB, how about Campbell who hasnt been 2 years in the same system since HS or early college? That poor guy got a bum rap in Washington because the owner wont admit when he makes a bad decision.

First off, your post was a little confusing in some spots, I am assuming you wrote it quickly.

The thing is, that is your opinion. How do you know what people didnt take that into account? This entire thread is people posting their opinions about each QB and where they are ranked for their own reasons. Most people arent going to agree with you in every aspect, which is why its interesting to read these thread and see how people see each QB or RB like in the other thread.

Archived