Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rank the 32 Starting QBs

MattFancy

Some of you insist that the whole team is played by the QB and not really chalking up that some qb's , eli manning for example, have been bailed out by a good defense.

What does defense have to do with a QB's performance? It might affect his win/loss record, but not the level of skill he displays on the field. The Giants had an absolute **** defense last season, yet Eli had his best year statistically.

I know the Giants are hated here, and we've all had a good time in the past mocking the talent level of Eli, but the fact now is that Eli has developed into a damn good QB.....and he has done nothing but get better every single year.

At this point in time, I'm actually more concerned as to what this kid's ceiling is as far as talent goes. He is still young, and has a potentially scary crop of young receivers now at his disposal minus the kind of egos that came with the likes of Burress and Shockey.

What does defense have to do with a QB's performance? It might affect his win/loss record, but not the level of skill he displays on the field. The Giants had an absolute **** defense last season, yet Eli had his best year statistically.

I know the Giants are hated here, and we've all had a good time in the past mocking the talent level of Eli, but the fact now is that Eli has developed into a damn good QB.....and he has done nothing but get better every single year.

At this point in time, I'm actually more concerned as to what this kid's ceiling is as far as talent goes. He is still young, and has a potentially scary crop of young receivers now at his disposal minus the kind of egos that came with the likes of Burress and Shockey.

If you are impressed with Eli, go look at Romo sits to pee and you'll see some stats. Than take note to who was the 1st round pick and who was the undrafted player.

Here are my top 15 ranked not based on team stats or other web site data. My selections are just based on if I were a GM in the NFL and suddenly if one of the top echelon quarterbacks became available I would have my rankings ready. Not interested in quarterbacks 16-32 most likely.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Drew Brees (My favorite now)

3. Phillip Rivers

4. Tom Brady

5. Brett Favre

6. Ben Rothlisberger

7. Aaron Rogers

8. Eli Manning

9. Tony Romo sits to pee

10. Donovan McNabb

11. Matt Ryan

12. Matt Schaub

13. Joe Flacco

14. Carson Palmer

15. Jay Cutler

1. Peyton Manning

2. Drew Brees

3. Tom Brady

4. Brett Favre

5. Phillip Rivers

6. Aaron Rodgers

7. Ben Roethlisberger

8. Tony Romo sits to pee

9. Donovan McNabb

10. Eli Manning

11. Matt Ryan

12. Matt Schaub

13. Carson Palmer

14. Joe Flacco

15. Kevin Kolb

16. Mark Sanchez

17. Vince Young

18. Jay Cutler

19. Kyle Orton

20. Jason Campbell

21. Matt Cassell

22. Matt Hasselbeck

23. David Garrard

24. Matthew Stafford

25. Matt Moore

26. Alex Smith

27. Sam Bradford

28. Chad Henne

29. Matt Leinart

30. Josh Freeman

31. Trent Edwards

32. Jake Delhomme

Here are my top 15 ranked not based on team stats or other web site data. My selections are just based on if I were a GM in the NFL and suddenly if one of the top echelon quarterbacks became available I would have my rankings ready. Not interested in quarterbacks 16-32 most likely.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Drew Brees (My favorite now)

3. Phillip Rivers

4. Tom Brady

5. Brett Favre

6. Ben Rothlisberger

7. Aaron Rogers

8. Eli Manning

9. Tony Romo sits to pee

10. Donovan McNabb

11. Matt Ryan

12. Matt Schaub

13. Joe Flacco

14. Carson Palmer

15. Jay Cutler

Rivers over Brady? Even with a down year (following major knee surgery by the way) they still made the playoffs and he had a pretty damn good year statistically. I'm not putting money on Rivers when he has yet to get his first ring and Brady already has three.

I think putting Romo sits to pee over McNabb is a little errm wrong . When the Cowboys won the they won with the rock on the ground ... when they leaned on Romo sits to pee things were not as impressive . I think Romo sits to pee is a middle of the road QB with an above average supporting cast . Still he would be in my top 15 my list . (TOP 14)

1 P.Manning

2 T Brady

3 P Rivers

4 D Brees

5 B Farve (if he plays)

6 D McNabb

7 A Rogers

8 B Rothliesberger

9 T Romo sits to pee

10 C Palmer

11 M Schuab

12 E Manning

13 A Smith

14 M Ryan

I think there are a bunch of people in the next tier . I think Cutler is good but makes dumb mistakes too often and until he can prove he can cut those down he is nothing more than average, Flacco maybe should be at 15 but a guy who wins a playoff game while throwing for 35 yards doesn't strike me as the main drive in that team . Freeman and Henne could build on their good starts and even Jason Campbell could be exactly what the Raiders and his career needs although I think he has gone from one dysfunctional team to another . Then you have guys like Kolb etc who have proven nothing ...

Bedlam VR- I cannot argue with most of what you said. The reason I put Romo sits to pee ahead of McNabb (my gut did not want to do it by the way because I am a true Skins fan) is that Romo sits to pee can roll out of the pocket and evade defensive linemen much easier because he still is young compared to McNabb. This year I hope McNabb will just throw the ball out of bounds if he has no apparent play up the field. When he was younger he could always run for first downs and he beat us running in a few games. Flacco had a great first year and the typical bad second year. This year will be more important for his career if he can break out and really throw for big yardage. I think Flacco can be better than that Baltimore quarterback, Trent Dilfer who was cut the year after they went to the Super Bowl.

Rivers over Brady? Even with a down year (following major knee surgery by the way) they still made the playoffs and he had a pretty damn good year statistically. I'm not putting money on Rivers when he has yet to get his first ring and Brady already has three.

I'm just judging based on last year and expectations for this year. So, Brady is older, Rivers had (imo) a slightly better statistical season last year, Brady still doesn't seem fully recovered and Rivers is healthy, both teams were 0-1 in the playoffs. And Wes Welker's health for the season is in doubt.

I'm not "putting money" on Rivers to win a SB or anything, I just think he'll be a better QB in 2010.

IF he is better than McNabb, it's definitely not "way" better, at least in my opinion.

thats why its called an opinion. now if parameters were set up and except for play off wins, Romo sits to pee is off to a better statistical career than McNabb. Currently might i add, it can all change throughout the course.

Right now and at their careers, I think McNabb was really really good when he was younger, but hes still got accuracy problems and it was really evident last year.

Romo sits to pee doesnt have accuracy problems? how many times has he thrown multiple interception games? Didnt he have 5 against buffalo alone?

He's more accurate than McNabb, his problems were more decision making related, and trying to force things, to make the big play. He suffered from the classic gunslinger mentality, though last year seemed to of fixed much of it, though it did lower his TDs it also greatly lowered his turnovers.

lol..the ol brett favre excuse. i like it.

only it doesnt work for me. he tries to think he can make the big play, makes big mistakes and can cost his team when they need a poised QB rather than a "gunslinger"

but honestly i dont expect you to think mcnabb is better..id be shocked if you gave him any credit as an opposing fan.

Then you should prefer Romo sits to pee at this point. His interception rate last year of 1.6% was better than either McNabb's or Eli's.

NO love for the Romo sits to pee because he wears the Star, remember the Skin fans who couldnt stop saying how great Campbell will be, among others.

There is no way Romo sits to pee will get the credit he deserves for what hes doing with this team.

Archived