Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rank the 32 Starting QBs

MattFancy

Its funny that you place him ahead of Aaron Rodgers, when your whole spiel here is complaining that Romo sits to pee's offensive lineman went down. All that production from Rodgers this past year has been from behind a broken and beaten offensive line causing Rodgers to be the most sacked QB in the NFL.

Its funny that you place him ahead of Aaron Rodgers, when your whole spiel here is complaining that Romo sits to pee's offensive lineman went down. All that production from Rodgers this past year has been from behind a broken and beaten offensive line causing Rodgers to be the most sacked QB in the NFL.

Yes but some attribute the sacks moreso that Rodgers holds on to the ball to long. So thats not part of the spiel. Romo sits to pee has a quick release while Rodgers has been deciding to long on where to put the ball.

But sure, if you cut that fact out, have at it. dont let the facts hit you in the face.

Romo sits to pee made his WR look very very good. I have not hyped up Miles Austin and I think mainly he did well because he was fast and open a lot. A ton of WR's can do that. So thats not impressive.

Roy Williams is just going to be a flop and I think this year will be a hinderace to him because he will see Dez coming from behind and get the nod over Williams when they feel hes ready.

Crayton is basically gone, so that will leave Dez as the third WR or Sam Hurd. Neither i have confidence in.

So besides Miles Austin being there for 3 years and had plenty of time with Romo sits to pee, since it was Romo sits to pee first hyping and saying Austin would come around before any coach would really say that in public, that says their timing was as good as it was going to get last season. Austin needed to not only do something but do it in a big way and he became a deep threat. Your media hyped him more than anything and really lack of WR's coming up the pike. I think mostly the Skins and Eagles WR underplayed this year within the exceptions. I think plax hurt the Giants more than tehy wanted to admit and I think Maclin is a better WR than Desean and i was worried more of Maclin than DeSean.

Witten is the man and deserving of the pro bowl, tho he should not be having a better catch percentage than the rest of the WR's but the guy is solid, what can you do.

Oooo thats right Dallas didnt lose due to the WR's they lost because their pro bowl tackle went down. So all of that is due to Romo sits to pee sucking because had he not gone down Dallas would have been solid and the Vikings D, who they considered Allen to be the best, wasnt as much a factor as the other guy who shredded the O line AFTER Flozell went down. So because of that Romo sits to pee is not a top tier QB because the offensive line doesnt have anything to do with a QB being good or bad, its merely the fans critera.

Hence a QB who has a great playoff record and is on a mighty team CAN be a great qb because of himself despite his play and the name that comes up would not be Phil Simms. Decent QB who played on a hell of a team, but HE was miraculous because he was a solid qb who got that team to the SB and won on his own credits. Oh wait, no he didnt.

And surely place Ben amongst the Gods because the guy was stellar in both his SB games. His stats are superior to none and hes the golden boy almost out of a job and really didnt benefit from a good team that dominated defensively and offensively to win games. Yes Ben pulled the Steelers clear thru the playoffs and onto the Sb's because of his pin point accuracy and lame WR's and an offensive line that was just turn styles as the defense came thru. The cardinals didnt fold like lawn chairs, they were built for greatness because the playoff stats of Kurt Warner who played with Pro Bowl WR's had nothing to do with anything, or gave him good plays or could do much of anything and yet Kurt might make the HoF due to his playoff records and 1 SB win, but surely not because he played with good WR's.

Im saying and im saying it clear, sometimes the teams have a big effect for QB's and if they dont, than i dont want to hear the debate against Emmit Smith, because if offensive lines do not effect the QB than nor should they for the RB.

The critera for a top tier qb is in the stats regardless of what is played around him. For Romo sits to pee to put up those stats, plus play with a coaching staff that continues to make mistakes and his leadership ability I say hes in the top tier, might be the low end, but i give him lots of credit for getting better each year. You may not, thats fine, i dont mind, but I have to say what I have seen out of him and how hes helped to make plays and do some of the crazy things hes done, like one poster here said and I tell everyone, "I thought the fumble was in the Cowboys playbook because Romo sits to pee does good when it happens" and i laughed my butt off for a few days.

I just love how he can improvise, tho i am mad Dallas has put a curb on that, I love how he gives it his all and plays with heart and I love everything ive heard about him off the field. Im glad hes helped people out, he doesnt play the diva part *as bad as some qbs* and I am glad we are having this conversation about an undrafted QB comparing him to first round PICKS.\

But you know, whatever the guy blows chunks.

The cowboys lost because their left tackle went down? That is not a fact at all. Try to prove it without babbling and being biased. For all we know the Vikings destroy the Cowboys just as bad, you're trying to predict something you have no control over. Nor is it a fact that Aaron Rodgers is sacked more than Romo sits to pee because he holds the ball longer. Ever watch Romo sits to pee scramble to bide his time to make a big play? I thought that was his best attribute after his quick release, the ability to extend plays (kinda like Mcnabb, and Big Ben do). And don't say Green Bay's awful oline is better than the star studded cowboy contingent. I'm also confused by your rant on Big Ben. I would take the WRs Romo sits to pee has had over his career over Ben's any day. And Ben's offensive line was offensively bad. Romo sits to pee is a top ten QB, I never said he blows chunks. But he is not the upper tier. Champions and guys that come through in the clutch are in the upper tier.

The game is about winning.

The cowboys lost because their left tackle went down? That is not a fact at all. Try to prove it without babbling and being biased. For all we know the Vikings destroy the Cowboys just as bad, you're trying to predict something you have no control over. Nor is it a fact that Aaron Rodgers is sacked more than Romo sits to pee because he holds the ball longer. Ever watch Romo sits to pee scramble to bide his time to make a big play? I thought that was his best attribute after his quick release, the ability to extend plays (kinda like Mcnabb, and Big Ben do). And don't say Green Bay's awful oline is better than the star studded cowboy contingent. I'm also confused by your rant on Big Ben. I would take the WRs Romo sits to pee has had over his career over Ben's any day. And Ben's offensive line was offensively bad. Romo sits to pee is a top ten QB, I never said he blows chunks. But he is not the upper tier. Champions and guys that come through in the clutch are in the upper tier.

The game is about winning.

There was no direct correlation that the sacks started coming after Flo went down. Noooooooooo, but okay spin it how you want. Up until than the Vikings D was just stalling and got new life when Flo went down.

As i pointed out, a bad move by the cowboys organization for not having a better back up plan considering Flo's ability to get hurt lately.

As for Rodgers, break down the film and watch it again, many people point out he holds the ball to long.

When Romo sits to pee was making a play it was because the WR's werent open or he was avoiding a sack or a bad fumble from Gurode. again tho, whatever you want to go with.

But dont ask the Steelers if Hines Ward is that good, its really big Ben, the qb made that WR soooooooooo miuch better. But again, whatever, the disintergrating of the RB's on that team didnt hurt Ben either, beacuse you know a QB is only as good as his play off record, so it didnt bother the Steelers in the least bit.

Again, Hines Ward is no WR that any team would ever want unless he plays for a QB that is that elite. At his prime I dont think any team would try him in FA either.

Again im not saying Romo sits to pee is the elite of the elite, but im having a hard time knocking him out of the top 5 or 6. Im having a hard time putting BRees in front of him because when the two play obviously it was Romo sits to pee out playing him and not the teams or anything because if i am positive and facts back him, Romo sits to pee and the other guys beat NO. And even tho Brees got ousted in SD, and Romo sits to pee hasnt even been benched or anything, 1 good season really doesnt make you elite either. Unless we're going by play off records where QBs live and die regardless of good teams or bad and who they played and what teams they were on.

And if we're going to use the play off record, Rodgers is not even in the conversation, unless we're going to make exception for "ifs" but some posters already told me you cant do that.

Again, Hines Ward is no WR that any team would ever want unless he plays for a QB that is that elite. At his prime I dont think any team would try him in FA either.

Again im not saying Romo sits to pee is the elite of the elite, but im having a hard time knocking him out of the top 5 or 6. Im having a hard time putting BRees in front of him because when the two play obviously it was Romo sits to pee out playing him and not the teams or anything because if i am positive and facts back him, Romo sits to pee and the other guys beat NO. And even tho Brees got ousted in SD, and Romo sits to pee hasnt even been benched or anything, 1 good season really doesnt make you elite either. Unless we're going by play off records where QBs live and die regardless of good teams or bad and who they played and what teams they were on.

Wow, just so much wrong with these statements alone. Hines Ward may be getting up their in age, but he's been one of the most reliable wide receivers in the NFL over the past decade, and there isn't a team that would look at him if he were a free agent? Where do you come up with this stuff?

You're having a tough time putting Brees ahead of Romo sits to pee? Ohh boy.

Yes but some attribute the sacks moreso that Rodgers holds on to the ball to long. So thats not part of the spiel. Romo sits to pee has a quick release while Rodgers has been deciding to long on where to put the ball.

But sure, if you cut that fact out, have at it. dont let the facts hit you in the face.

Rodgers is just as productive despite having a worse O-line and taking more sacks. That's the long and short of it.

3 words for you " check the stats".

and if you dont want to play the stat game, which is fine by me, just watch the film of any game where Eli starts getting interceptions vs when Romo sits to pee gets interceptions and see who stands and delivers for his team and who pouts and whines on the field. you'll see many more faces of Eli pouting when things dont go his way and you'll see many pictures of Romo sits to pee either looking at the game pictures and see where he went wrong and how to get better at it.

I have throughly enjoyed Romos leadership over these seasons compared to Eli's. I think Eli did okay when the team faultered but I feel he benefits better when the Giants D is playing much better.

You cant blame the QB solely for wins and losses, but you can see the leadership aspect of it clearly.

Believe me, I know who stands and delivers for their team. I've seen it with Eli, haven't seen much from Romo sits to pee in big games.

After reading too many of your arguments, there's one thing I'm convinced of, that Tony Romo sits to pee is no better than Jeff Garcia was in his hey-day. He was a very good QB, often made some amazing plays in getting out of traffic, but hasn't been able to get it done against some of the better defenses, especially when it counts.

And lets not mince facts here, Romo sits to pee has been playing with one of the most talented rosters in the NFL over the past few years. The Cowboys defense is excellent, and became the best defenses in football down the stretch last year. They've fielded one of the biggest offensive lines over the years, that most quarterbacks wouldn't mind playing behind, along with one of the best(maybe behind Clinton Portis) blocking running backs in Marion Barber, the best tight end in the game, along with a much talented backup in Bennett, and some very good to excellent wide receivers.

We'll see how Romo sits to pee does this year, but to me, he's behind Brees, Rodgers, Eli Manning, Rothlisberger, Rivers, and McNabb.

Wow, just so much wrong with these statements alone. Hines Ward may be getting up their in age, but he's been one of the most reliable wide receivers in the NFL over the past decade, and there isn't a team that would look at him if he were a free agent? Where do you come up with this stuff?

You're having a tough time putting Brees ahead of Romo sits to pee? Ohh boy.

you just coming into a debate late and not getting the sarcasm.

Believe me, I know who stands and delivers for their team. I've seen it with Eli, haven't seen much from Romo sits to pee in big games.

After reading too many of your arguments, there's one thing I'm convinced of, that Tony Romo sits to pee is no better than Jeff Garcia was in his hey-day. He was a very good QB, often made some amazing plays in getting out of traffic, but hasn't been able to get it done against some of the better defenses, especially when it counts.

And lets not mince facts here, Romo sits to pee has been playing with one of the most talented rosters in the NFL over the past few years. The Cowboys defense is excellent, and became the best defenses in football down the stretch last year. They've fielded one of the biggest offensive lines over the years, that most quarterbacks wouldn't mind playing behind, along with one of the best(maybe behind Clinton Portis) blocking running backs in Marion Barber, the best tight end in the game, along with a much talented backup in Bennett, and some very good to excellent wide receivers.

We'll see how Romo sits to pee does this year, but to me, he's behind Brees, Rodgers, Eli Manning, Rothlisberger, Rivers, and McNabb.

What are you talking about, Romo sits to pee has lazered thru some very good defenses, at the time in 07 when the Bears came in undefeated and he chewed thru their D. A few others along the way as well.

And again what puts Rodgers ahead of Romo sits to pee? Brees has had two good years because Sean Payton knows what to do with him, if Payton doesnt pick him up who does and how does Brees fare after being kicked out of San Diego?

Manning, who in the SB tried to lose it for his team by throwing it right to a wide open Hobbs, who if doesnt let the ball go thru his hands ends the SB? Oh yea, the guy has ice in his veins. Come on, that defense won for the Giants and everyone watching knew it, and if they didnt, someone who knows football told them.

Rivers, i can understand, hard to debate against him. McNabb, well people call Romo sits to pee the choke artist but forget what McNabb does in teh big one, so we'll go with that since we're going to say play off records mean more.

Rivers, i can understand, hard to debate against him. McNabb, well people call Romo sits to pee the choke artist but forget what McNabb does in teh big one, so we'll go with that since we're going to say play off records mean more.

The argument there is that at least McNabb has gotten to the NFC Championship/Super Bowl.

The argument there is that at least McNabb has gotten to the NFC Championship/Super Bowl.

Yes and i dont doubt him for that, I think hes a very good qb, right now I wouldnt take him over Romo sits to pee. You want career wise, than fine McNabb has had a better career and I wouldnt take away any of his accomplishments, but for starting qbs right now, wouldnt take him above Romo sits to pee.

Yes and i dont doubt him for that, I think hes a very good qb, right now I wouldnt take him over Romo sits to pee. You want career wise, than fine McNabb has had a better career and I wouldnt take away any of his accomplishments, but for starting qbs right now, wouldnt take him above Romo sits to pee.

I would, but that opinion is not the end all be all, and truth be told, I see your side... As tough as it is to say. I wouldn't take Romo sits to pee over McNabb personally, but again, I can see why you would.

What are you talking about, Romo sits to pee has lazered thru some very good defenses, at the time in 07 when the Bears came in undefeated and he chewed thru their D. A few others along the way as well.

And again what puts Rodgers ahead of Romo sits to pee? Brees has had two good years because Sean Payton knows what to do with him, if Payton doesnt pick him up who does and how does Brees fare after being kicked out of San Diego?

Manning, who in the SB tried to lose it for his team by throwing it right to a wide open Hobbs, who if doesnt let the ball go thru his hands ends the SB? Oh yea, the guy has ice in his veins. Come on, that defense won for the Giants and everyone watching knew it, and if they didnt, someone who knows football told them.

C'mon, you're comparing the Chicago Bears of 2007 to the New England Patriots of 2007? Unless I'm incorrect, Manning did lead a game winning drive in the Super Bowl...against the best team in the NFL, or what was supposed to be the best team ever. It was a team win, capped off by a game winning performance in the final few minutes.

BTW, it was Asante Samuel, not Hobbs. and it would have been a tough interception to make because the ball was thrown over his head. But that's my interpretation.

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't know who to call the better quarterback, Rodgers or Romo sits to pee. But like many others have mentioned, Rodgers has had much less to work with. His offensive line was much worse, and I don't know how that can even be debated. Romo sits to pee has the luxury of an excellent defense, excellent tight ends, and a trio of very good to great running backs. It's kind of hard for me and apparently others to give Romo sits to pee the benefit of the doubt.

Check 2004, 2005 and tell me how Payton made Brees good. His shoulder injury allowed him to leave San Diego (who had a 1st round pick sitting for almost 2 years). And he was "damaged goods" who got a big contract at the time from New Orleans.

As far as the dropped interception game we could play that with Romo sits to pee too if you want, or the lucky fumbles game, but I don't think you wanna get into an argument of near interceptions by all quarterbacks.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Drew Brees

3. Tom Brady

4. Brett Favre

5. Eli Manning

6. Big Ben

7. Phillip Rivers

8. Donovan Mcnabb

9. Aaron Rodgers

10. Tony Romo sits to pee

11. Matt Schaub

12. Joe Flacco

13. Carson Palmer

14. Kyle Orton

15. Matt Ryan

16. Alex Smith

I expect this list to change a lot this year. With Mcnabb, Favre, and Big Ben falling, Rodgers, Flacco, and Smith rising.

Archived