Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favre Watch 2010

MattFancy

....and once again, the media creates a story to focus on Favre. He has said nothing, but everyone will choose to hate him, not the media. Good job :applause:

Isn't amazing and pathetic how little accountably there is in sports media?

I've only heard a handful of media personalities mention that this 'report' has not come from anyone that would credibly know and has not been confirmed by the people who supposedly received the 'word' i.e. Favre's Viking teammates.

Isn't amazing and pathetic how little accountably there is in sports media?

I've only heard a handful of media personalities mention that this 'report' has not come from anyone that would credibly know and has not been confirmed by the people who supposedly received the 'word' i.e. Favre's Viking teammates.

What's even more amazing is those that slurp this up and turn on the "Brett Favre is an attention whore" :bsflag:

**BREAKING NEWS** Brett Favre tells ESPN's Ed Werder that he didn't text teammates about his future and he'll play if he's healthy. But he also says that it's not about the money.

Whatever Brett. You're no different than any other money hungry, attention grabbing athlete. The only difference is that you actually made people think you were different.

Here we go, from the "horse's mouth."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/early-lead/2010/08/brett_favre_is_on_football_fie.html

Brett Favre, reached by ESPN as he left a football field this morning in Hattiesburg, Miss., denied reports of his imminent third retirement from the NFL and said he will play this fall if he is healthy.

Favre said he has not made up his mind about whether to return for his 20th season, he told reporter Ed Werder, and denied texting Vikings personnel that he was quitting. Favre told Werder that, if he has fully recovered from ankle surgery this spring, he will play. Favre also denied that he was angling for a raise from the Vikings.

In Seattle...

At least I do not have to hear another AH non-story (the only thing Redskins related they can find)

And as far as far Brett goes...Play it Again Sam

And as far as the Seahawks go...the two above subjects are far more interesting than anything they have to offer - they are actually wetting themselves over Mike Williams for crying out loud.

What's even more amazing is those that slurp this up and turn on the "Brett Favre is an attention whore"

yeah. Brett Favre is just an old man trying to hang onto what he's got. He really just loves the game which makes the decision to leave so difficult when he can still play at a high level. The decision to retire is a very life-altering decision, and he has a hard time making up his mind. Big deal. Hate the media for running away with it, not the old man who's trying to make a big life-decision.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/early-lead/2010/08/brett_favre_is_on_football_fie.html

Brett Favre, reached by ESPN as he left a football field this morning in Hattiesburg, Miss., denied reports of his imminent third retirement from the NFL and said he will play this fall if he is healthy.

Favre said he has not made up his mind about whether to return for his 20th season, he told reporter Ed Werder, and denied texting Vikings personnel that he was quitting. Favre told Werder that, if he has fully recovered from ankle surgery this spring, he will play. Favre also denied that he was angling for a raise from the Vikings.

Called this one in another thread

Nope this is right on schedule. Training camp is upon us - he does not want to do training camp - so yep right on schedule. Come late August expect this to change

In Seattle...

At least I do not have to hear another AH non-story (the only thing Redskins related they can find)

And as far as far Brett goes...Play it Again Sam

And as far as the Seahawks go...the two above subjects are far more interesting than anything they have to offer - they are actually wetting themselves over Mike Williams for crying out loud.

How goes the Okung signing?

lol the media jumps all over a text that was never sent out and people call him a media whore...

Brett Favre is not a media whore... the media is a Brett Favre whore!

Brett is no different than Chad Johnson and TO and I'll say he's A LOT worse. Maybe I'll retire, maybe I won't. Dude LOVES the ateention.

How goes the Okung signing?

Not good for Seattle. It does not look like it is going to happen in the relatively near future (as in less than a week) at least. They have signed everyone else so I am not too sure what the snag is -

- unless he is feaqful of practicing against that awesome DLine of theirs :D

You know what sucks?

The lasting perception usually stems from the orginal report and however wrong it was and a lot of people won't remember that Favre had nothing to do with this story.

They'll just think Favre what a drama queen.

Archived