Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favre Watch 2010

MattFancy

He'll be back. He came so close to winning that second Lombardi and he knows he's got a great shot at it next year with the Vikings.

(Boy, isn't Fran Tarkenton gonna feel like a jackass if Farve can bring the Vikes to the promised land?)

He'll be back.

As long as the whinny ass drama queen feels he needs the media attention.

This fast got old two years back with the first non-retirement and subsequent Jets move.

qft. Favre loves this and always will. He could have done the right thing a few years back and stayed retired after the Packers had moved on Rodgers, but then started this whole BS.

qft. Favre loves this and always will. He could have done the right thing a few years back and stayed retired after the Packers had moved on Rodgers, but then started this whole BS.

Why is that the right thing?

I agree that he makes it too much of a media spectacle, and basks in it, and is a drama queen. But saying that staying retired was the "right thing" isn't true at all. If it was, he would have stayed retired. Obviously it wasn't the right thing for him. And that's what being retired is all about.

You can find threads from back in 2004-2005 about us all being tired of the Favre retire or not retire soap opera.

He first was going to maybe retire back in 2001 or 2002 and since then, every ****ing year, same old BS.

You know, if people would just stop covering it, just ignore it. It's part of his offseason avoidance of training camp. The team may want more certainty, or not. But just stop covering the damn issue because it's not even an issue. At this point, I don't even blame Favre as much as I blame those in the media who always want to talk about it.

this comment kinda ties to another thread but, can we put Farve on the cover of madden every year until he's finallly crippled and cant play anymore so i dont have to hear his name every time he mows his lawn!!!!!!!!!!!

this comment kinda ties to another thread but, can we put Farve on the cover of madden every year until he's finallly crippled and cant play anymore so i dont have to hear his name every time he mows his lawn!!!!!!!!!!!

they already tried that when he retired in 2008. Didn't stop him from coming back and playing for the Vikes in 2009.

yeah i know darn.......im tring to think of something!!!!! i get the feeling he'll retire...then in game 1 at the beginning of the 3rd quarter he'll come running out unexpectedly like some bad wwe intro kind thing. announcers will be like "its brett farve oh my brett farve out of nowhere aaahhhhhh!!!!" lol

yeah i know darn.......im tring to think of something!!!!! i get the feeling he'll retire...then in game 1 at the beginning of the 3rd quarter he'll come running out unexpectedly like some bad wwe intro kind thing. announcers will be like "its brett farve oh my brett farve out of nowhere aaahhhhhh!!!!" lol

and instead of bringing a folding chair into the ring, he'll bring a walker onto the field. :ols:

He just doesn't want to go to mini camp and training camp.He doesn't want to come out and say it,so he makes injury excuses and talks retirement.

He'll come back week 2-3 in preseason.

Agreed he will be back he just does not want to have to go though all of the training camp workouts and other BS all the other players are required to do....He just wants to walk in about the time the preseason games start, toss a few passes and then start playing when the regular season begins......

You know, if people would just stop covering it, just ignore it. It's part of his offseason avoidance of training camp. The team may want more certainty, or not. But just stop covering the damn issue because it's not even an issue. At this point, I don't even blame Favre as much as I blame those in the media who always want to talk about it.

Agreed, for the media its the only way to make a story out of an otherwise story-less offseason, so it doesn't surprise me. But Favre as annoying as this whole thing is, has the right to ponder retirement vs. playing another year. It's not really his fault that the media makes a bigger spectacle out of it than it really is.

Edit: And I still stand behind my prediction from 5 years ago that he would not retire, and instead would die on the football field at the age of 86 due to natural causes ... yet will still lead his team to victory in the 4th qtr.

Archived