Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb Not The Answer

dogsofwar

For the Redskins fans that don't live in the Philly metro area. I've be a 'skins fan since Sonny was the QB. Living in the Philly area, I have been forced to watch the Eagles games because it's the only game in town. I have watched every game McNabb has played and he is not the "Superstar" the rest of the country thinks he is.

MMMMMMM!!! OKAY!!!

They only show you his good plays, which is about two out of 10 passes.

Wow! I'm sure you sat on your couch on Sundays, counting all of McNabb's passes

His other passes are either over the WR's head or bouncing at their feet or very short passes the WRs turn into big gains.

Ahhhh, I know now, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The make up of the WCO is short passes, hitting the WR in stride, making big from the run. You should stop while you are still behind.

His five yard dump offs to Westbrook that turn into 50 yard TDs make him look great in the media.

Its called the WCO. See above.

He is one of the biggest hot dogs in the league and believes people when they tell him he's great. He was the self appointed "captain" of the ship in Philly. Yeah, I also had to watch the post game show where he pleasured himself. He sucked when he was in his prime and now he is an over the hill QB who is comparing himself to John Elway and Brett Favre!!! Do you believe this guy? Do you know why the Eagles gave him to the 'skins, a division rival? Because they are not afraid of him, they know he sucks and is washed up!

Well, I guarantee you that McNabb has the date circled on his calendar, when the Skins/Eagles play. This is a very sad thread. Why would you even waste your time writing this garbage? Apparently you haven't seen Campbell?:mad:

Ole' Danny means well, but he is becoming another Al Davis by taking washed up players. It all started with Bruce Smith and it continues to this day! Look at how many bums he has brought in! At least he is willing to spend his money improving team. Not like that fag Jeffery Laurie in Philly who is afraid to open his purse. That's why the Eagles lost a lot of good players over the years. Just a warning, the 'skins made a bad move taking McChoke as we call him around here! Wait and see! We'll be sooorrrrryyyy!

:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols: Congrats! You have just won the biggest dork of the week contest! Hands down. The moment I read about McNabb throwing short passes, that turn into big gains, I knew that you have been sniffing glue.

As a fan of both teams I have to respectfully disagree. I know that first sentance has thrown a ton of people off, but let me explain. I am a Skins homer through and through, have been my whole life. I met my wife who is pretty much as big of an Eagles homer that I am for the Skins. We watch both teams each weekend and pull for the others team. The only time we can't watch football together is when the Skins and Eagles play each other.

After watching every Eagles game as a fan for almost 5 years I can tell you I don't understand the hate Philly fans had for Donovan McNabb. We have all heard and we know of the 5 NFC Championships and 1 Superbowl appearance. Yet what the detractors fail to realize that the Eagles accomplished these feats solely on the arm of Donovan McNabb. Let's get real the defense was decent and the running game was decent, but Reids system is pass HEAVY.

Now as a member of Shannys system, which is more balanced and maybe even more run oriented McNabb will not be relied upon as heavily as he was in Reids system. Reid never really had a dominant running game to fall back on when McNabb wasn't himself. Sure, they had Westbrook but he was primarily a pass catcher. I am excited to think that McNabb will hopefully have a running game here in DC, which will one extend his career and make McNabb an even better QB.

You hit the nail on the head. Reid has a pass heavy offense. Now, I believe that if the Eagles were more balanced, they might have a trophy.

And Shanahan will run the football. He loves to set up defenses. I read where he'll the ball, just too see how the defense will react. He'll comeback with the same formation, and run something totally different.

For the Redskins fans that don't live in the Philly metro area. I've be a 'skins fan since Sonny was the QB. Living in the Philly area, I have been forced to watch the Eagles games because it's the only game in town. I have watched every game McNabb has played and he is not the "Superstar" the rest of the country thinks he is. They only show you his good plays, which is about two out of 10 passes. His other passes are either over the WR's head or bouncing at their feet or very short passes the WRs turn into big gains. His five yard dump offs to Westbrook that turn into 50 yard TDs make him look great in the media. He is one of the biggest hot dogs in the league and believes people when they tell him he's great. He was the self appointed "captain" of the ship in Philly. Yeah, I also had to watch the post game show where he pleasured himself. He sucked when he was in his prime and now he is an over the hill QB who is comparing himself to John Elway and Brett Favre!!! Do you believe this guy? Do you know why the Eagles gave him to the 'skins, a division rival? Because they are not afraid of him, they know he sucks and is washed up! Ole' Danny means well, but he is becoming another Al Davis by taking washed up players. It all started with Bruce Smith and it continues to this day! Look at how many bums he has brought in! At least he is willing to spend his money improving team. Not like that fag Jeffery Laurie in Philly who is afraid to open his purse. That's why the Eagles lost a lot of good players over the years. Just a warning, the 'skins made a bad move taking McChoke as we call him around here! Wait and see! We'll be sooorrrrryyyy!

You must like both teams. If true, I can understand why you feel this way.

For the Redskins fans that don't live in the Philly metro area. I've be a 'skins fan since Sonny was the QB.

And you have never been on ExtremeSkins before, woke up at 6:11am today and came here to start this thread to enlighten your brother Skins fans. Sorry if I am less than sure of your intentions. And BTW, Philly is going to be sorry they let McNabb go. Enjoy your time off today. Welcome to the board, pfft.

Yeah...he's been a Skins fan for over 30 years, but didn't decide to actually join the site until today, and it was ONLY to bash the Redskins? lol :ols:...Oh, yeah, sure, sure :rolleyes:

People that want to dismiss McNabb apparently believe that his situation here will be exactly the same as in Philly. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Here he will have a running game.

Here he will not be the focus and held to blame for everything that happens.

Here he gets the chance to prove that superior coaching makes a difference.

Here he is not constantly washing Reid's greasy handprints off his jersey.

i just wish some people would let D. MC get on the field and screw up before yall start whining about havin him!!!im mean damn give the guy a shot!! how about lets hope we have a successful season, sounds good to me... and i been seeing a whole lot of new people from philly jumpin on here, which is cool...but you do know this is a Skins Fan site right???? if ya wanna join the greatest fans and team in the world then cool, if all your gonna do is trash us, then move along.....i think Mc Nabb will do great next season, and like the rest of ya'll im sure hoping im right!!!! right??????

In his vison and ability to read a defense he's an upgrade on Campbell, but I've got concerns about his durability and just how much he has left in the tank. Our O line will have to improve very fast because he won't withstand the sort of beating we saw Campbell take last year.

i just wish some people would let D. MC get on the field and screw up before yall start whining about havin him!!!im mean damn give the guy a shot!! how about lets hope we have a successful season, sounds good to me... and i been seeing a whole lot of new people from philly jumpin on here, which is cool...but you do know this is a Skins Fan site right???? if ya wanna join the greatest fans and team in the world then cool, if all your gonna do is trash us, then move along.....i think Mc Nabb will do great next season, and like the rest of ya'll im sure hoping im right!!!! right??????

You must have missed that it was a guy from Philly (read: McNabb basher no matter what) who wrote the OP

I'll be the first to say that McNabb has faults. But he's still a HUGE upgrade from Campbell for a relatively low cost. And the thing is that Shanahan and company will be teaching him new things and working on his faults in new ways. So I'm hopeful that he can improve with a fresh start.

We traded high draft picks for and old QB... Been there done that. It didnt work then and it wont work now so we will begain rebuilding again next year. For the next 6 months though we can all pray Im wrong and keep the blind faith. Thats what we have become accustomed to doing....

1+

I don't think he is the "answer" either. He has never been as good as his accolades would suggest. He is a better QB now than when he was in his prime, I think. And he is a significant upgrade from what we had last year. I see him as competent QB play for 2-3 years while we build a winner. The search for our 12 year franchise QB continues.

I don't disagree with this post. I have some Philly fans and they tired of McNabb. Hopefully Shanny can do with him what he did with Elway. But, I've never been a McNabb fan -- particularly the way he threw his receivers under the bus after those two Dallas blow outs last year. I think that is when Philly decided to make the move. Plus, he is in the last year of his contract.

He is, however, better then what we've had.

Archived