Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb Not The Answer

dogsofwar

I'll agree that he's a upgrade. But in the same breathe I'd say we still need a long term solution. He'll be fine for the next 2-4 yrs if we can keep him upright. A solid run game would defintely extend his career. I gotta admit I'm excited to see him in the 2 minute drill jus before the half. That's something we've been lacking for years.

I'll agree that he's a upgrade. But in the same breathe I'd say we still need a long term solution. He'll be fine for the next 2-4 yrs...

The thing is, the Redskins haven't had a SOLUTION at QB of that length of time since, arguably, Theismann.

A 2-4 year known solution (defined as knowing you have a guy that can deliver) at QB is LONG-TERM for the Redskins. :ols:

As a fan of both teams I have to respectfully disagree. I know that first sentance has thrown a ton of people off, but let me explain. I am a Skins homer through and through, have been my whole life. I met my wife who is pretty much as big of an Eagles homer that I am for the Skins. We watch both teams each weekend and pull for the others team. The only time we can't watch football together is when the Skins and Eagles play each other.

After watching every Eagles game as a fan for almost 5 years I can tell you I don't understand the hate Philly fans had for Donovan McNabb. We have all heard and we know of the 5 NFC Championships and 1 Superbowl appearance. Yet what the detractors fail to realize that the Eagles accomplished these feats solely on the arm of Donovan McNabb. Let's get real the defense was decent and the running game was decent, but Reids system is pass HEAVY.

Now as a member of Shannys system, which is more balanced and maybe even more run oriented McNabb will not be relied upon as heavily as he was in Reids system. Reid never really had a dominant running game to fall back on when McNabb wasn't himself. Sure, they had Westbrook but he was primarily a pass catcher. I am excited to think that McNabb will hopefully have a running game here in DC, which will one extend his career and make McNabb an even better QB.

McNabb never had a great running game at philly. Or if they did, they would still manage to pass it 50 times a game.

I don't know if he's the answer. But combine his skills with what you know will eventually be a good running game... play action bombs for TDs all day!

Even if DM hands the ball off most of the time, defenses WILL respect him because they know he can burn them; something JC never got was respect from any defense because they knew he couldn't get the job done.

If you dislike DM so much , we would have been happy to give you JC, and you'd be begging for DM back within a few weeks.

So, bring on DM5 and lets play some ball!

As a fan of both teams I have to respectfully disagree.

BLASPHEMY!!! I don't care what you wrote in the rest of your post, it's all NULL and VOID!!!! lalalalalalalalalalala I can't hear you! :D:pfft:

Seriously though, that's as close to an informed decision as I've seen here. No better way to get information on your enemy than to get in their camp, right? ;)

For the Redskins fans that don't live in the Philly metro area. I've be a 'skins fan since Sonny was the QB. Living in the Philly area, I have been forced to watch the Eagles games because it's the only game in town. I have watched every game McNabb has played and he is not the "Superstar" the rest of the country thinks he is. They only show you his good plays, which is about two out of 10 passes. His other passes are either over the WR's head or bouncing at their feet or very short passes the WRs turn into big gains. His five yard dump offs to Westbrook that turn into 50 yard TDs make him look great in the media. He is one of the biggest hot dogs in the league and believes people when they tell him he's great. He was the self appointed "captain" of the ship in Philly. Yeah, I also had to watch the post game show where he pleasured himself. He sucked when he was in his prime and now he is an over the hill QB who is comparing himself to John Elway and Brett Favre!!! Do you believe this guy? Do you know why the Eagles gave him to the 'skins, a division rival? Because they are not afraid of him, they know he sucks and is washed up! Ole' Danny means well, but he is becoming another Al Davis by taking washed up players. It all started with Bruce Smith and it continues to this day! Look at how many bums he has brought in! At least he is willing to spend his money improving team. Not like that fag Jeffery Laurie in Philly who is afraid to open his purse. That's why the Eagles lost a lot of good players over the years. Just a warning, the 'skins made a bad move taking McChoke as we call him around here! Wait and see! We'll be sooorrrrryyyy!

Thanks....I'll make sure Allan and Shanny recieve your resume for the new Director of Player Personnel position. Because, obviously no one in the league knows Mcnabb nor has need more film of Mcnabb than you have. :rolleyes:

Funny how people think that Redskins fans wouldn't know what we were getting with Donovan McNabb...

I mean...We only played him twice a year for the last DECADE! And constantly watched his games against the Cowboys, and Giants to check out our competition.. Nope, we've never actually seen McNabb's games we simply watch his highlights from ESPN ... :doh:

For the Redskins fans that don't live in the Philly metro area. I've be a 'skins fan since Sonny was the QB. Living in the Philly area, I have been forced to watch the Eagles games because it's the only game in town. I have watched every game McNabb has played and he is not the "Superstar" the rest of the country thinks he is. They only show you his good plays, which is about two out of 10 passes. His other passes are either over the WR's head or bouncing at their feet or very short passes the WRs turn into big gains. His five yard dump offs to Westbrook that turn into 50 yard TDs make him look great in the media. He is one of the biggest hot dogs in the league and believes people when they tell him he's great. He was the self appointed "captain" of the ship in Philly. Yeah, I also had to watch the post game show where he pleasured himself. He sucked when he was in his prime and now he is an over the hill QB who is comparing himself to John Elway and Brett Favre!!! Do you believe this guy? Do you know why the Eagles gave him to the 'skins, a division rival? Because they are not afraid of him, they know he sucks and is washed up! Ole' Danny means well, but he is becoming another Al Davis by taking washed up players. It all started with Bruce Smith and it continues to this day! Look at how many bums he has brought in! At least he is willing to spend his money improving team. Not like that fag Jeffery Laurie in Philly who is afraid to open his purse. That's why the Eagles lost a lot of good players over the years. Just a warning, the 'skins made a bad move taking McChoke as we call him around here! Wait and see! We'll be sooorrrrryyyy!

I guess we need to give him back then...

You are right OP. He is not the answer...to the question: How can we suck even more than we did last year? Again, McNabb would not be the answer to that question. Or how can we get even more lack of leadership from the players on offense? Again, McNabb would not be the answer to that question.

WOW your opinion matters to me gs%20%28GoofySmile%29.gif

Just a warning, the 'skins made a bad move taking McChoke as we call him around here! Wait and see! We'll be sooorrrrryyyy!

Thanks for the warning.

Maybe if you guys actually built a good team around him and i don't know ran the ball? He wouldn't have to carry the team on his back.

You think Kolb would have got production from James Thrash, Todd Pinkston and Freddie Mitchell?

Anyway thanks for the warning.

You realize that your season is in the hands of a 1-1 QB that has 2 career starts against 2 pretty bad defensive teams?

I live here too. I also have seen almost every McNabb play for the last 10 years. I have also seen all of Jason Campbell's and Patirck Ramsey's and Warfuel and Brunell, and the rest.

He's the best QB we've had in 20 years.

For the Redskins fans that don't live in the Philly metro area. I've be a 'skins fan since Sonny was the QB.

And you have never been on ExtremeSkins before, woke up at 6:11am today and came here to start this thread to enlighten your brother Skins fans. Sorry if I am less than sure of your intentions. And BTW, Philly is going to be sorry they let McNabb go. Enjoy your time off today. Welcome to the board, pfft.

Living in the Philly area, I have been forced to watch the Eagles games because it's the only game in town. I have watched every game McNabb has played and he is not the "Superstar" the rest of the country thinks he is. They only show you his good plays, which is about two out of 10 passes. His other passes are either over the WR's head or bouncing at their feet... Yeah, I also had to watch the post game show where he pleasured himself. He sucked when he was in his prime ... Look at how many bums he has brought in! Not like that fag Jeffery Laurie in Philly who is afraid to open his purse. Just a warning, the 'skins made a bad move taking McChoke as we call him around here! Wait and see! We'll be sooorrrrryyyy!

I don't entirely disagree with your reservations about McNabb.

However, whether or not you are a 'Skins fan, you sure as hell sound alot like the Eagles fans that that give that city a bad reputation. What you say, and how you say it, are neither friendly or funny.

Most skins fans don't think McNabb is one of the few really elite QB's in the league. But he is a good QB, maybe 10th best overall or so in the league...

I'd rank them; Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Romo sits to pee, Farve, Palmer, Roth, Eli, McNabb in my opinion.

Top QB's don't grow on trees, and making the trade for McNabb is a major upgrade at QB vs. Campbell. It gives us a chance to compete now, while we build. This team (and the fans) have been starved for good QB play. I expect that the wide receivers will instantly get much better with a QB that's capable of getting the ball to them. So is McNabb the best QB in the world? No, but he's good, and with the coaches and weapons we have the offense is going to be at the top half of the NFL in points, etc. instead of at the bottom half again. That alone will be worth the cost.

The Redskins are better than they were a year ago at this time in almost every area, and it will translate to wins on the field. We'll have to wait and see how many and how far they can go.

Archived