Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb Not The Answer

dogsofwar

For the Redskins fans that don't live in the Philly metro area. I've be a 'skins fan since Sonny was the QB. Living in the Philly area, I have been forced to watch the Eagles games because it's the only game in town. I have watched every game McNabb has played and he is not the "Superstar" the rest of the country thinks he is. They only show you his good plays, which is about two out of 10 passes. His other passes are either over the WR's head or bouncing at their feet or very short passes the WRs turn into big gains. His five yard dump offs to Westbrook that turn into 50 yard TDs make him look great in the media. He is one of the biggest hot dogs in the league and believes people when they tell him he's great. He was the self appointed "captain" of the ship in Philly. Yeah, I also had to watch the post game show where he pleasured himself. He sucked when he was in his prime and now he is an over the hill QB who is comparing himself to John Elway and Brett Favre!!! Do you believe this guy? Do you know why the Eagles gave him to the 'skins, a division rival? Because they are not afraid of him, they know he sucks and is washed up! Ole' Danny means well, but he is becoming another Al Davis by taking washed up players. It all started with Bruce Smith and it continues to this day! Look at how many bums he has brought in! At least he is willing to spend his money improving team. Not like that :nono:Jeffery Laurie in Philly who is afraid to open his purse. That's why the Eagles lost a lot of good players over the years. Just a warning, the 'skins made a bad move taking McChoke as we call him around here! Wait and see! We'll be sooorrrrryyyy!

You should have told Shanny. He wasted a 2nd rounder on him! Guess you saw more of him than Shanahan, though.

In your tireless inspection of the game day film, did you NOT notice the NFC title games and Superbowl? Despite hardly anyone to throw to?

Next time, WARN US BEFOREHAND!

What other moves do we need NOT to make?

I agree, but until it actually takes place you will be fighting Redskin nation about McNabb.

On the other hand many have grown accustomed to JC, and feel he was a decent QB, so it wont take much from the QB position to get them excited, McNabb will provide much better play than anything we have seen out of JC, for whatever thats worth?

Maybe you forget how low our bar is. We have basked in mediocrity at QB for ages. One of the 5 yd dumpoffs going for a TD would be awesome cause it meant our new qb actually got it to a receiver in time and space.

I am sure if I changed philly for DC we could write this same exact post to the raiders fans who are all hyped that simple jason is coming there way.

For someone who watched all of McNabbs games you surely don't know much about him. I will agree on the pleasuring himself part after the game. He has a tendency to just talk about himself and how good he played after winning a game. Some of your points might be semi valid but how about Andy Reid? How about coming into a game with a 60/40 Run to Pass ratio and out of nowhere switching to 10/90? Andy Reid's all time record is from one reason, Donny5. He is the worst playcalling coach I've ever seen next to Zorn. If Reid doesn't get 40+ yards on 1 carry, the run game is out the door. The entire Eagles success the past 11 years is because of one player and he is now on our team. You act like were taking a step back by getting McNabb? While I liked JC like most, this is an instant upgrade. We could now look into next year to solidify our QB position.

We traded high draft picks for and old QB... Been there done that. It didnt work then and it wont work now so we will begain rebuilding again next year. For the next 6 months though we can all pray Im wrong and keep the blind faith. Thats what we have become accustomed to doing....

No kidding.

McNabb will help us win now, and help the younger guys, who would you rather have help out a Qb like Colt Brennan, a Pro Bowl caliber QB that was in a SB, or Jason Campbell, that could only get traded to the worse team in the NFL for a 4th rounder in 2012?

Like your thread, that answer is obvious

OP, you have this fantasy in your head that just because you live in Philly, you know more about McNabb's mechanics than anyone here on Extremeskins? I think most of us have seen how he can throw balls into the dirt at times. On the other hand, we've witnessed his ability to take a team to championship games and the SB.

BTW, why on earth would you sign up just to berate your favorite team's new QB? :rolleyes:

Archived