Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most Hated/Hated-On Professional Athlete

LaRonDontLikeUgly

Ok, I was just sitting on the 'ol Thunderbox (droppin' some mudbutter) reading about Jimmy Clausen and I decided he is the most "Hated-On" professional athlete I can remember in a long time.

From getting punched by one of his own fans, to taking a verbal-whipping from Gruden on television, and then having one of the most epic draft falls of all-time... People just treat this dude like dog **** wherever he goes. I can't remember an athlete with thatmuch talent being so disliked for what appears to be minor character flaws. (He's not a killer or a rapist like some other popular players in the league.)

Then, I watched a replay of Alex Rodriguez's reaction to the verbal barrage that Oakland A's pitcher Dallas Braden unleashed after A-Rod walked across his mound. Both his on-field reaction (floppy wrist) and post-game reaction (absolute toolbag) made me realize without a doubt that I hate him more than any other professional athlete. I feel like many people agree with me.

So here are my choices:

PLAYER MOST HATED-ON BY THE PUBLIC: Jimmy Clausen (runner-up Kobe Bryant)

PLAYER YOU HATE THE MOST: Alex Rodriguez (runner-up Sidney Crosby)

Most Hated-On? Has to be Terrel Owens. The man could disagree with a teammate over which is better Coke or Pepsi and the media would show up with a circus tent.

Most Hated? I can't stand Tony Romo sits to pee.

Agree 100%. I hate the be the one to defend TO; but I had this discussion with some co-workers recently. No one heard anything about him from Buffalo... why? Because the media wasn't in his face 24/7.

I don't get why the media likes to interject themselves into the story. Like everyday I'm sure they asked TO, "So, TO; how do you feel about those comments you made years ago about McNabb?"

I don't mind that athletes have a controversial personality. I have no idea if it disrupts the locker-room; but it must be a damn unprofessional lockerroom if true...

Archived