Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to show your best work

That's my current problem with yours, CK.

better:

roughdraftd2-1.jpg

IMO, PG, Soup, LCSF, and Mike are all pretty damn close, almost nose to nose. CK is a length behind but trying to catch up...

Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment. With just barely 4 months under my belt working with PS & Illi, I'll take "a length behind" those mentioned. :ols:

That one is pretty cool CK. You do good work for only using the stuff for 4 months. I remember when I started out, I wasn't very good. It just takes time getting used to and there is so much you can do with photoshop that it is impossible to be able to do everything right away.

Everyone is coming up with some really nice headers, it will be hard to have to choose right now. But I would have to say that I know for a fact my stuff probably wouldn't look close to what it does now if all of you guys hadn't posted those ideas to make them better.

Gotta agree here. Just post something and take the criticism and make adjustments from there.

Okay, let's see if we can summarize here...

Original version:

titleX.gif

Current version:

RedskinsBannerLeft.jpgRedskinsBannerRight.jpg

praise gibbs:

ibfmlv.png

praise gibbs:

1191ls3.png

Capt. Kaos:

roughdraft-1.jpg

Capt. Kaos:

roughdraft3.jpg

Capt. Kaos:

roughdraft4.jpg

Left Coast Skins Fan:

header-ES-1.png

MikeSellers45:

extremeskinsbannerpsdjpeg.jpg

Soup:

[FL=http://aj3380.webs.com/logoES.swf] width = 1000 height = 148 [/FL]

WhoRUSupposed2Be:

2r434gp.jpg

Soup:

ESlogoConcept2.png

praise gibbs:

1zmias1.png

Capt. Kaos:

roughdraftA1.jpg

Capt. Kaos:

roughdraftB1.jpg

praise gibbs:

19ttea.png

Soup:

ESlogoConcept3.png

praise gibbs:

8ydmbk.png

Capt. Kaos:

roughdraftC.jpg

praise gibbs:

90zn0p.png

praise gibbs:

24npiyq.png

Soup:

ESlogoConcept4v2.png

Soup:

ESlogoConcept4.png

MikeSellers45:

extremeskinsbannerpsdupdate2jpeg.jpg

MikeSellers45:

extremeskinsbannerpsd3jpeg.jpg

MikeSellers45:

extremeskinsbannerpsd3jpeg3.jpg

Soup:

ESlogoConcept5v2.png

Soup:

ESlogoConcept5.png

MikeSellers45:

extremeskinsbannerpsd3greenjpeg.jpg

MikeSellers45:

extremeskinsbannerpsd3green2.jpg

Capt. Kaos:

roughdraftD.jpg

Capt. Kaos:

roughdraftd1.jpg

Mike Sellers45:

extremeskinsbannerpsd4jpeg.jpg

MikeSellers45:

extremeskinsbannerpsd3greenjpeg3.jpg

Capt. Kaos:

roughdraftd2-1.jpg

Soup:

[FL=http://soupgfx.webs.com/ES/logoES2v2.swf] width = 1000 height = 150 [/FL]

Soup:

ESlogoConcept8.png

Soup:

ESlogoConcept9.png

AB:

59481804.jpg

that looks great mark, it doesn't seem like a lot of banners going through thread. Its a different story with them posted together in a list.

Are the mods still open to a new banner? I thought it was over

Okay - One thing that seems clear to me is the current heading pretty much sucks. It looks to me like somebody not associated with ES was in a hurry and just threw together a heading back in '05 with not much thought.

This is my personal favorite as of right now:

24npiyq.png

What I like about it:

1) It respects the old original artwork, in that it keeps the italics in Extreme, and includes the old Sports Night font look. In that way, it's a salute to the founders of the site.

2) It also includes the classic pythagoris font. Gotta love that.

3) The X is incorporated into the Extremeskins. Again, the X is something we don't want to lose or change much if at all, IMO.

4) I love the football. It's what this site is about: football.

5) I love the helmet, and everything about it.

6) I love the green football field. I think the green and the gold go together nicely.

7) It makes nice use of empty space. In other words, it has a lot, but it appears uncluttered at the same time.

If there was an improvement to be made, maybe fade the top of the helmet so it isn't sliced at the top.

Also, I can't help but wonder what this would look like with a spear incorporated into the image like what MikeSeller45 did (after all, he grabbed the football field idea, didn't he?).

Here's my second favorite:

extremeskinsbannerpsd3greenjpeg3.jpg

What makes this great is the spear. But, other than that, at least in my opinion, PG's graphics are superior. His use of colors just seem to be better balanced. And, in my opinion at least, the heading as a whole appears to be a little too "busy. "

The above are just my opinions, of course, and not those of the rest of the ES staff or anybody else.

I really want to like this one

ESlogoConcept9.png

But I keep wondering why there is absolutely no one in the stadium. Every seat is empty. Whereas the Stadium forum here is always full & lively, just like FedEx. Give or take the Club Seats. :ols:

Archived