Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Friday's Redskins Nation: Portis looking real slim

TSO

i think you guys are putting too much stock into him losing "a few pounds". I just took a dump a lost a few pounds.

the big thing is that he loses some weight AND gets his old legs back under him. he could easily go on a diet but still not regain his old legs. regaining some of that speed should be his number 1 priority.

CP is feeling the heat on his backside and is going to tear it up this year.

Welp .. if he can KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT and RUN THROUGH HELL WITH THE ROCK, then I'm all for it! He's been a disappointment for at least a couple of years, and it's time to put up, or ...

CP looks good, but on a completely different note did anyone notice Haslett walk up behind Santana and casually pull up his pants as if to say "Come on Santana, the camera is right there" Just an interesting thought, but would Zorn or Blache have done that last year?

So far this year I really like what I am seeing from Clinton Portis. He has been in the weight room every day and it looks like it is paying off. Hopefully his report with his teammates is also growing into a healthy one. We have all seen what a lot of these guys can do when they are united as one (2007 run to the playoffs). Hopefully they unite under the new leadership with the goal of adding a fourth Lombardi to the trophy case in Ashburn, Va.

HTTR

Welp .. if he can KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT and RUN THROUGH HELL WITH THE ROCK, then I'm all for it! He's been a disappointment for at least a couple of years, and it's time to put up, or ...

A couple of years? Come on man he has been running behind subpar lines for years and putting up near 1,500 yard seasons. He even put up 1,400+ in 2008, so there is no way he has been a disappointment for the last couple of years. Unless you expect ever back to run for 2,000 yards like Chris Johnson did this past season.

HTTR

Might just be me but I don't think his mouth moving has anything to do with his ability on the football field.

:whoknows:

Portis will be a beast this season, I think he has a great shot at the mvp this year.
Huh? He "will be a beast"?

What are you basing that comment on? And I'm not even going to address the MVP comment.

Don't get me wrong, I love Portis and I hope that he returns to form.

But, how people make bold statements about what a player is going to do before the season has even started yet is beyond me.

Portis has always had a little gut on him, even when he was back at Denver. Just because someone has a little gut doesn't mean they are overweight or out of shape, that's just the way their body filled out.

His nickname back in Denver was "Booty Do". And the saying is that "His stomach sticks out farther than his "Booty Do"."

Huh? He "will be a beast"?

What are you basing that comment on? And I'm not even going to address the MVP comment.

Don't get me wrong, I love Portis and I hope that he returns to form.

But, how people make bold statements about what a player is going to do before the season has even started yet is beyond me.

Just curious as to why you decided to call this particular guy out for a rather mundane detail. There are plenty of posts on here from optimistic people who think "player x is gonna be good this year" and "player y is gonna put up sick numbers". I mean, he's just a fan, it's not like he's a highly regarded sports writer making some direct, yet rediculous claim before the season started.

If you want to get on someone for making premature bold statements, look at many of this people on the Redskins roster. Just last year in training camp, Portis was claiming our passing offense was going to be "bombs over Baghdad".

CP looks good, but on a completely different note did anyone notice Haslett walk up behind Santana and casually pull up his pants as if to say "Come on Santana, the camera is right there" Just an interesting thought, but would Zorn or Blache have done that last year?

I think Santana just had a large document or something tucked into his shorts from the back, and Haslett came up to him and tugged on it like "what is that?" jokingly. I don't think it was him pulling his shorts up, lol.

In case you guys don't know this, it's girls who talk about other girls' figures, not dudes about dudes.

Hmmm...not comfortable with your sexuality much?

Its not like this is turning into the Landry is Jacked thread or something...this is a legitimate topic every offseason. Especially this one.

Just curious as to why you decided to call this particular guy out for a rather mundane detail. There are plenty of posts on here from optimistic people who think "player x is gonna be good this year" and "player y is gonna put up sick numbers". I mean, he's just a fan, it's not like he's a highly regarded sports writer making some direct, yet rediculous claim before the season started.

If you want to get on someone for making premature bold statements, look at many of this people on the Redskins roster. Just last year in training camp, Portis was claiming our passing offense was going to be "bombs over Baghdad".

You really dramatized my quote by saying that I called the guy out.:ols: And I know that "there are plenty of posts on here from optimistic people who think"...that's why I said "how people make bold statements about what a player is going to do before the season has even started yet is beyond me".

But, you are right, I really did "get on" him. I didn't mean to be so rough with my words.

Thanks for coming to his rescue and letting me know that he's just a fan.:rolleyes:

Right . . . how slim a guy looks in the offseason will play a huge factor in his season. My bad. Maybe a chat room full of guys arguing over how slim another guy looks is important.

Whether you find it important or not has no bearing on your discomfort with your own sexuality. :ols:

You see, when your once-speedy RB puts on the pounds and gets slower, SOME may wonder if losing that weight may help at all.

Archived