Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Friday's Redskins Nation: Portis looking real slim

TSO

Thought some might be interested in this, especially those who can't watch Redskins Nation due to their geographical handicaps. :pfft:

I'm not seeing this talked about anywhere else, either. I thought maybe Matt Terl would have a pic about it or something over at the Redskins blog, but nope. Guess I may just be the only lame one who finds this interesting, lol.

Anyway, Larry Michael was outside filming the first day of Mini camp and he asks the cameraman to get a close up of Portis. He then mentions how much Portis has noticeably slimmed down. I'd have to agree with him, there's definitely a significant difference of at least 10 lbs., maybe more. It made me pretty excited to see him like that again, as I don't believe he's been that small since leaving Denver.

I really think we're going to see Portis light it up this year. :)

*Update* You can see it for yourself:

It's on redskins.com. Watch the mini camp video. They are doing stretching drill and it zooms in on CP.

Interesting... the clips and pics I've seen, looks like he still has a pot belly.

Yah know that that isn't really a pot belly......it's called muscle being relaxed.......it happens to a lot of very muscular Black males.........no joke :beatdeadhorse:

Ive been saying CP was on a mission and would be in the best shape he has been in since becoming a redskin. 210-215 is where he will play at this year.

That's great to hear, thanks man.

He already looks like he's there, can you verify that?

Hello Everyone,

For those of you interested, I found some pictures from the first two minicamps. There's a few of Portis from the first day, seems like he did lose a few pounds. Here's hoping he returns to form this year!

http://blog.redskins.com/2010/04/16/back-on-the-field/#continued

- Day One

http://blog.redskins.com/2010/04/17/minicamp-day-2-in-photo-form/#continued

- Day Two

Archived