Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Laron Landry's muscles are huge thread

shakinaiken

Question is, will Shanny try and keep him at FS? Covering D Jackson solo deep, hello. I dont think he will.

So he is well served to bulk up since... well i dont know the 3-4 but I bet he will be at the LOS much more this year. Thats where he makes plays. Is there room for a SS among all the LB's somewhere?

LOL...u really think Landry was strong enough to knock Jacobs over there? Jacobs was doing nothing more but embellishing the push to draw a flag. C'mon now....Landry hasn't been the same player since he was embedded in the turf in the Meadowlands a few years back.

Actually it looked like Jacobs tried to shove Landry with everything he had, overextended, Landry absorbed it, and then just judo slung him onto the turf.

Also, for all the fans killing Landry now, please don't come crawling back onto his bandwagon after he starts playing well again like you did with Sean Taylor.

Also, for all the fans killing Landry now, please don't come crawling back onto his bandwagon after he starts playing well again like you did with Sean Taylor.

I wouldn't fault anyone for hopping back on the Landry bandwagon if he shows up to play in 2010. Let's be realistic, he was terrible last year and was not spectacular in 2008 either despite showing promise as a rookie. The Sean Taylor situation was a tad different because he had established himself as a playmaker for two seasons before he had an off year in 2006 (mostly biting on the playfake) and he still made some plays that season.

Actually it looked like Jacobs tried to shove Landry with everything he had, overextended, Landry absorbed it, and then just judo slung him onto the turf.

Or Haynesworthand especially Clinton Portis.

Back to the topic at hand here's what Haslett had to say about LaRon today during the media session "I think you have to put him in the right spot. He is so, so fast that he doesn't know how to temper his speed. The guy is unbelievably fast, and I think once we can harness that a little bit and get him to take some better angles, I think he is going to be a better football player. The scheme will help him and some of the things we will do will help him. He's a talented kid, he really is. He has unbelievable speed. If we can take advantage of it and use it right, I think it will be to his best advantage and to ours. It will help us win more games."

Did I read that correctly Landry not only has incredible speed but talent too WOW !!! According to all these:loser: arm chair coaches/coordinators and gm's on ES ,he's worthless and :blahblah:. Who knew that if you used a player's strengths correctly he could actually be productive:silly:???

http://blog.redskins.com/2010/04/18/laron-landry-to-be-strong-safety-in-a-defense-without-strong-saf/

For me, Landry playing poorly this past season was not the only reason I disliked him. I dislike him so much because he played poorly and acted like a complete douche doing it. He makes a tackle 30 yards downfield and jumps up and looks like a bobblehead. He always acts like he has done something, which he didn't do anything significant at all last year.

If he does come out and plays well this year, and does not act like a douche, then of course I will 'jump on his band wagon.' As a fan, I expect the players to play well and show some class, neither of which Landry did last year.

I am also of the belief that the 30 extra lbs he is putting on is going to hurt his speed. I hope I am wrong.

For me, Landry playing poorly this past season was not the only reason I disliked him. I dislike him so much because he played poorly and acted like a complete douche doing it. He makes a tackle 30 yards downfield and jumps up and looks like a bobblehead. He always acts like he has done something, which he didn't do anything significant at all last year.

If he does come out and plays well this year, and does not act like a douche, then of course I will 'jump on his band wagon.' As a fan, I expect the players to play well and show some class, neither of which Landry did last year.

I am also of the belief that the 30 extra lbs he is putting on is going to hurt his speed. I hope I am wrong.

It could, but it might temper it enough to the point that he can better control himself. Its not the best way, but if the outcome is the same who cares, yanno?

LL was just on 106.7 talking to Lavar and Chad.

- Admitted right off the bat that he had a HORRIBLE year last year.

- Glad to not be playing "savior" since he would rather be moving forward to attack the ball than backward to wait for the look.

- Says he is really psyched to be playing in the new defense.

- Will be playing mostly SS, but also a little bit of FS AND some LB!

- Would love bringing in someone like Darren Sharper to mentor and motivate the secondary.

- Really happy to be able to use his speed and aggressiveness to blitz and attack the ball.

- Re: the D. Hall and Haynesworth tiff in Atlanta, said that he was already under heat for his late hit and didn't want to incur more fines.

- Lavar says "He's big and he can run and he can hit. If you can do that you can play LB. Urlacher was a safety."

Seriously. Landry is going to be incredible, and the haters on Taylor were hilarious.

Landry is going to be fantastic with a REAL coach, just like he was in 2007, even after taking over for the aforementioned.

Archived