Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Laron Landry's muscles are huge thread

shakinaiken

Wow doesn't this sound like most of the crap written about LaRon Landry. It's really uncanny. Totally seperate from my "special feelings" about # 30. I really think that he is an asset to the team instead of the liability some perceive him to be.

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=190092

Stop making excuses for him its pure homerism..

The guy is to over agressive and bites way to much did it all year and again in the probowl.. He got roasted on that long bomb to CJ, Taylor was'nt within 15 feet of him.. He did the same thing on another long pass that was incomplete he is just out of postion.. He is what he is and its not Ed Reed or Dawkins its more Roy Williams.

My opinion ST is a great player and a intimidator.. He is also a natural SS not FS thats why him and Arch struggled so bad, both are SS's that should be in the box.. If you put ST in the box at SS where he can blitz and play the run and cover the occasional TE or RB he can be 1 of the greatest SS's ever.. What he is not is a FS he is built to kill people and has the aggressive attitude that gets him to bite on playaction and get outta postion because he wants to kill everything..

...where have I heard this before:ols:

We need a coverage guy back deep maybe Vincent if he's healthy,Springs or maybe Landry :notworthy

Seriously PP is more SS has well especially coming back from a knee injury.. This team can hide it with great CB play but its not putting ST in the best postion to impact the game.. :(

Amen! Everyone says he was playing out of position to explain his poor play last year, but even at Strong Safety the dude has to tackle somebody. He has to stop throwing his body around and bouncing off people like a pinabll!

Maybe he's still spooked from getting run over by Brandon Jacobs a few years back...

Once again....

Laron was drafted to play SS but after Sean passed away (RIP :2drunks:) moved to FS. The difference and the true problem Laron faced? As a Strong Safety (SS) you tend to play underneath coverages and help out on the run. I kind of equate this position like a cover linebacker, who has the skill to cover receivers but can lay the wood like a linebacker. Perfect for Laron's skill. As a Free Saftey....you become the "Last line of Defense" often being the deepest guy on the field. No one should be deeper than this guy, but Landry's problem was that he often took peeks into the back field (a Strong Safety trait). This usually resulted in him losing track of the receiver. Resulting in him getting beat on double moves and getting burned deep. Some of it is focus and the rest is commitment to the position philosophy/coaching.

He can play better and be better but I think we need to find a true FS and place Laron where he can be a true threat. Why are you guys so fixated on Laron physically? I like the dude as a football player... my wife is the only one who pays attention to all of rest....

:paranoid:...starting to wonder about some you guys

Wow doesn't this sound like most of the crap written about LaRon Landry. It's really uncanny. Totally seperate from my "special feelings" about # 30. I really think that he is an asset to the team instead of the liability some perceive him to be.

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=190092

Yup, and they were all wrong. Look how he was doing before he got hurt and then shot(rip).

With Landrys tackling, or lack of , its easier to tackle closer to the line than 30 yds off and running up with a full head of steam. At SS you can make big hits like that and be more succesful because its not in open space and the back hasnt reached his full speed.

In th open field all he has to do is break down and wrap up. Its basic. Sure you might get ran over from time to time, but the point is to slow the guy down if you cant make the tackle.

Size isn't everything. Sometimes it's a bad thing (aka David Boston). He seriously looks too bulky now. I remember feeling like Sean Taylor almost looked like he got smaller, however, his third year he was a freak out there and that was when I thought he looked smallest. It's not about size. It's about talent mixed with hard work and study of the game. You could spend all day in the weight room. It's not going to make you a better player.

Yup, and they were all wrong. Look how he was doing before he got hurt and then shot(rip).

With Landrys tackling, or lack of , its easier to tackle closer to the line than 30 yds off and running up with a full head of steam. At SS you can make big hits like that and be more succesful because its not in open space and the back hasnt reached his full speed.

In th open field all he has to do is break down and wrap up. Its basic. Sure you might get ran over from time to time, but the point is to slow the guy down if you cant make the tackle.

If we are foolish enough not to keep LL. There's a certain defensive coordinator in New Orleans who damn sure knows how to coach LL up (on what he needs to do to get better) without stifling his naturally aggressive nature. Then the ****ing and moaning will start we shoulda,coulda, woulda. I think there was a disconnect with the former head coach and probably the former D coordinator too. Both Zorn and Blache appeared to believe more in their schemes than players. Jason Taylor is a pretty damn good player who was used to do things that were NOT his strengths you can add Haynesworth, Landry, Carlos Rogers, Brian Orakpo to that

list. Let's not talk about the bit about Devin,Malcolm,etc not being ready..and when given the opportunity they stepped up and that didn't appeaar to be very truthful.

Why are we only singling out LL,CP and certain other players when the whole damn team sucked LAST YEAR. When certain other fan favorites are thrown into the ES spotlight,(for their YEARS and Years of medicority) the excuses roll on and on??

man oh man..this thread is something else.

i hope laron isnt pulling a david boston on us because we will lose any trade value he may have if so.

reed daughty? please, he cant even hear the calls let alone cover.

horton? 1 good game does not make a career my friend.

you guys are amazing sometimes...one bad season and you're ready to write him off.

Bad season?

He's yet to have a good season.

He was average his rookie season.

He was average to poor his second season.

He sucked long and hard last year.

Then add to those facts that we wasted the sixth pick in the draft on him and his posing and prancing and otherwise dick personality and you have a player worthy of the fan hate he receives.

Archived