Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Holmes traded to Jets

MattFancy

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/11/steelers-ship-santonio-to-the-jets/

What a strange weekend it has been for Santonio Holmes.

Yesterday, we reported that Holmes is facing a four-game suspension under the substance abuse policy. Tonight, we're told that the Steelers have traded Holmes to the New York Jets.

More to come.

Well I guess he won't make his debut til around week 5

I understand why the Jets are in a win now mode. They have a championship defense and their star QB is entering year two. If they can get the offense to produce points they will be hard to deal with in the post season. They got far last year and every reason to believe they are within striking distance.

The Steelers don't mess around either. If this wasn't a QB league or they had a real prospect at QB big Ben would be out as well IMO.

I dont get this at all. Is it because of legal problems. I mean a 5th is usually a bust in the NFL and Santonio Holmes is a playmaking WR.

I would have given up our 4th for him in a heartbeat.

Jets are on hard knocks this year. Gonna be interesting. Jets should be good next year if Sanchez preforms well. Revis and Cromartie, Edwards and Holmes, their 1st round pick and possibly Jason Taylor. With Shawn Greene sounds like a playoff team to me. and Lt.

Hell of a deal for the Jets IMO. The guy can flat out play and produce. He shows up in big games and always seems to find the first down or endzone when it matters.

Sure, he apparently has some off-the-field issues . . . but I can see Rex Ryan taking care of that pretty quickly.

If Mark Sanchez continues to develop and takes that large step between his rookie and sophomore seasons, the Jets should be even better next year. I think they'll take a hit in the running game by losing Jones, but Shonn Greene looked pretty damn good last year. And add a healthy Leon Washington and Tomlinson to take some of the carries and they shouldn't lose too much though.

Jets made it to the conference championship game last year, and they'v made a few solid moves this off season. With Sanchez going into his second year, Braylon Edwards in his second year there, plus adding Holmes and Tomlinson (don't think he's really an upgrade over Thomas Jones, but Green is pretty good going into his second year) and that defense which added whoever they added, lol, I think it may have been Cromartie, correct me if I'm wrong, I know it was someone solid to supplement Reves on the opposite side. They're looking like a strong contender in the AFC.

Absolutely disgusting. I've been ranting on the Steelers board for the last hour. Another pisspoor move by our front office. We should have gotten AT LEAST a 3rd for a former SB MVP and a receiver that produced 1200 yards just entering his prime. Every move Tomlin and Colbert have made this year has just angered me to no extent. I'm about to fly over there and strangle both of them if we draft Dez Bryant in the first.

I guess the Steelers figured they weren't going to extend him in his final year and since he may only play 12 games, you might as well get what you can get. Still very stupid. Now Ben is going to be working with Wallace, Hines, Randle El, Sweed, and Battle. Sounds like an 5000 yard passing year to me :(

Absolutely disgusting. I've been ranting on the Steelers board for the last hour. Another pisspoor move by our front office. We should have gotten AT LEAST a 3rd for a former SB MVP and a receiver that produced 1200 yards just entering his prime. Every move Tomlin and Colbert have made this year has just angered me to no extent. I'm about to fly over there and strangle both of them if we draft Dez Bryant in the first.

I guess the Steelers figured they weren't going to extend him in his final year and since he may only play 12 games, you might as well get what you can get. Still very stupid. Now Ben is going to be working with Wallace, Hines, Randle El, Sweed, and Battle. Sounds like an 5000 yard passing year to me :(

Hes a guy who may never get it, and just continue on the path he is going. Time will tell who this trade worked out for.

This trade seems to point to the Steelers being convinced hes guilty and may very well be missing game time because of it. He put up over 1200 yards last year, so to only get a 5th round pick means that NFL teams must expect that he will be missing a LOT of time. Otherwise, someone would have offered the Steelers a 4th.

I've always felt that Tomlin's success was really with Cowher's team. Kind of like Gruden in Tampa with Dungy's team. Be interesting to see where they go when Cowher's stamp is gone. I think it began to fade last year, hence watching the playoffs from home.

And Steelers fans (for the most part, no offense NG) are almost as annoying and douchey as Cowboy fans so I hope it's an epic failure.

Oh and Holmes for a 5th is freaking ridiculous. A suspension isn't good but it's four games. Not a year. Either Tomlin/Colbert are flat out morons or Holmes is the biggest ******* headache in history. Maybe a combination of the two.

Yea the jets just got even better.

Shonn greene, LT, and leon washington at rb.

Excellent o-line.

Braylon, Santonio, and Cotchery at WR.

An excellent defense who got even better by adding cromartie to complement revis.

It all depends on if sanchez can not screw things up

Archived