Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Holmes traded to Jets

MattFancy

The question I have is why were other teams not on top of this?? There are many teams that need a WR. I would expect a lot of teams would give up a 4th round pick for Holmes.

If I had to guess, the Steelers came off as desperate to unload him and anyone in contention tried to stick it to them by lowballing their offer.

If this guy is facing a 4 game suspension, has issues with the weed, has a civil case pending against him and is a RFA, I'd say that a 5th is just about right.

Edit: If Leon Washington is part of the deal after he signs his RFA tender then the Jets may have been a slight loser in this trade.

Well, after this year the Jets are only keeping either Edwards or Holmes. Not both. So this is like a tryout year for both guys. Maybe Edwards should have pushed harder for that extension.

Pretty surprising that Holmes only went for a 5th, but I'm sure teams notice if an organization like the Steelers is looking to dump a guy ASAP. I would think that's a red flag for most front offices.

so pretty much a #1 receiver for a 5th, the ravens got a potential #1 for what, a 3rd and 4th...so what would be the rate for brandon marshall?

There's no "potential" involved for the Ravens, Boldin is a certifiable #1 receiver in this league and made it clear before Larry Fitzgerald even came into the picture. His only pitfall is being injury prone.

The Broncos want a 2nd for Marshall, who is probably in the same class as Boldin (both being exceedingly talented malcontents) but is a few years younger. If they lowered their asking price to a 3rd and 4th, he'd probably be moved pretty quickly.

"Holmes denies hurting the woman, and a witness has since taken responsibility for tossing the glass, according to Holmes' lawyer."

Wow, so this guy possible wasn't responsible for the incident, meaning there is a good chance he won't get suspended. If he comes out and plays 16 games next year, the steelers should be ashamed. This guy played his ass off for them. SUPER BOWL MVP, 26 years old and made what was possible the greatest catch in super bowl history, for a 5th ROUNDER!

Way to show "loyalty" to your players Rooney. I thought the Steelers where supposed to be a model franchise in the NFL. Have fun with Randle El ass holes.

ps, GOD DAMNIT, how did we not get in on that. For a player like Holmes, I would easily have given up next years third with a fifth this year. Rich get richer here.

What a steal for the Jets, a 5th, I mean come on!!! His off field issues are mild compared to Fat Ben =) Thought would have been a phenomenal pick up for the skins imho, only if we could have moved JC already. Marshawn Lynch would be a nice consellation though =) But times like these makes me wish we didn't waste our picks on things like the Supplemental draft... How I still loathe Cerrato! He's like our Matt Millen we will be feeling the effects for yearss I feel

"Holmes denies hurting the woman, and a witness has since taken responsibility for tossing the glass, according to Holmes' lawyer."

Wow, so this guy possible wasn't responsible for the incident, meaning there is a good chance he won't get suspended. If he comes out and plays 16 games next year, the steelers should be ashamed. This guy played his ass off for them. SUPER BOWL MVP, 26 years old and made what was possible the greatest catch in super bowl history, for a 5th ROUNDER!

Way to show "loyalty" to your players Rooney. I thought the Steelers where supposed to be a model franchise in the NFL. Have fun with Randle El ass holes.

Calm down.

Holmes won't be suspended for that incident.

It would be for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. He was arrested in 2008 for marijuana possession, admits to smoking pretty often still today, and supposedly failed or missed a drug test recently.

Also, it's not like this is just Holmes making a mistake here and there. He grew up dealing drugs, he's been in trouble with the law several times over the last few years with domestic abuse and disorderly conduct charges, and he's generally not known as a guy that takes his career and professional conduct all that seriously.

(And that's all ignoring the fact that in his current case, his lawyer is now claiming a "witness" is taking responsibility for throwing the glass at the woman's face. What a surprising turn in the usual athlete-in-trouble case.)

Mike Wallace's fantasy stock just went way up though.

What is the connection between playing wide receiver and just being insane with your personal behavior?

What the...I thought Priest Holmes retired...oh n/m. lol.

This isn't such a huge steal for the Jets as it would seem, IMO. The dude is an idiot. He is addicted to WEED. The guy can't stop smoking that ****, even though he knows it is risking his NFL career.

He was approaching 'bust' category until the SB catch (which, IIRC, he dropped an easier catch the play before) and last year.

I don't think he will ever 'get it.' My guess is he will keep smoking weed until his physical skills / will to train / give a damn cause him to smoke his ass out the league.

And FWIW, I know something about drug usage/addiction (first hand), and to be addicted to WEED so badly that you can't even control yourself from NOT smoking it during the season / or even when you're playing for a new contract and already on thin ice...well, addiction is not the problem. Stupidity is. And there is no cure for that.

As for the Jets and their offseason acquisitions, I think HBO made a GREAT choice in team to cover...

New York also acquired Cromartie last month from San Diego even though he was dealing with paternity issues. Cromartie has fathered seven children by six women in five states, and the Jets advanced him $500,000 to clear up his legal troubles.

7-6-5...Let the countdown continue! :ols::ols:

What is the connection between playing wide receiver and just being insane with your personal behavior?

I don't know, WRs just have very flamboyant personalities (especially in more recent times). Receivers and corners are the ones you have to watch out for.

This isn't such a huge steal for the Jets as it would seem, IMO. The dude is an idiot. He is addicted to WEED. The guy can't stop smoking that ****, even though he knows it is risking his NFL career.

He was approaching 'bust' category until the SB catch (which, IIRC, he dropped an easier catch the play before) and last year.

I don't think he will ever 'get it.' My guess is he will keep smoking weed until his physical skills / will to train / give a damn cause him to smoke his ass out the league.

And FWIW, I know something about drug usage/addiction (first hand), and to be addicted to WEED so badly that you can't even control yourself from NOT smoking it during the season / or even when you're playing for a new contract and already on thin ice...well, addiction is not the problem. Stupidity is. And there is no cure for that.

You might be on to something. There's a saying, "If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

As for the Jets and their offseason acquisitions, I think HBO made a GREAT choice in team to cover...

7-6-5...Let the countdown continue! :ols::ols:

not only does he like his weed, he likes to tweet about smoking the ganja...not smart.

Damn thats a great deal for the Jets. Holmes - Cotchery - Edwards - Keller. Thats a damn nice group of WRs to throw to. If they Jets don't make it to the SB this year its all on Sanchez for ****ing that up.

Agreed. They've given Sanchez all the weapon to succeed and it's now up to him to step up.

Their D will remain dominant. The only thing I question is the release of Thomas Jones. I think he's a quality back

Archived