Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP RI - Jason Campbell intends to sign tender as his agent continues to seek trade partner

HapHaszard

ESPN's Adam Schefter recently named Marshawn Lynch the player most likely to be traded, ahead of Brandon Marshall and Jason Campbell.

"They have a new coach, a new GM and any time there are new people in charge, they bring in their own players," said Schefter. "Marshawn Lynch could be traded on or before the draft." The new regime is less than impressed with Lynch's attitude, and it's looking more and more likely that he'll be replaced by a change-of-pace complement to Fred Jackson.

I would swap JC for Lynch. Lynch is a solid back and is still farely young with little mileage.

Lynch will only go wherever he can run over Canadians, Kenny... ;)

Lynch will only go wherever he can run over Canadians, Kenny... ;)

LOL

Nick,

He is a young stud rb that would be a superstar in Shanahans zone blocking cut back system. If I was Shanny and BA, I would be on the phone pressing the Bills for this trade to happen.

Why give up a player or draft pick for a guy you can sign for free during training camp. Only Gibbs coughing up a pick for Mark Brunell, a player about to be released and whom nobody wanted, would fall for that.

First off, I doubt Campbell is going to get released. He's better than Sexy Rexy.

Second, as much as some want to believe that Brunell would have gotten released, that is very likely not true, considering he was the best available QB at the time. There were other teams interested in trading for him.

Alright TK, where is Campbell going?? :) If you can't tell us that, can you at least give us a time frame? And please no "between now and then." :silly:

Isn't the bolded the very definition of a time frame? Not to mention, you must think TK is Mike Shanahan because that is the only guy that could give you the specificity that you seem to be seeking. This stuff this time of year changes minute by minute.

LOL

Nick,

He is a young stud rb that would be a superstar in Shanahans zone blocking cut back system. If I was Shanny and BA, I would be on the phone pressing the Bills for this trade to happen.

Oh, no, I agree he could be good in this Offense, Kenny. I've seen him quite a bit when we go visit my in-laws and I watch the Bills. The fans aren't tiring of him up there like they did McGahee. Dude is UGLY, too, so maybe he could scare off opposing D's... ;)

Isn't the bolded the very definition of a time frame? Not to mention, you must think TK is Mike Shanahan because that is the only guy that could give you the specificity that you seem to be seeking. This stuff this time of year changes minute by minute.

Yes, it is... Which is why I said "no between now than then." Lol. I should've said a specific date instead......... and :ols:

First off, I doubt Campbell is going to get released. He's better than Sexy Rexy.

Second, as much as some want to believe that Brunell would have gotten released, that is very likely not true, considering he was the best available QB at the time. There were other teams interested in trading for him.

hes clearly not better than grossman in the eyes of the front office because if he were, we'd offer him a small contract to remain on as a backup and cut grossman.

shanahan wants him out of here, thats pretty blatant at this point.

I think Jason again has handled everything with class.

That said.....it would be better for the Skins if he signed the Tender and was here for at least training camp. If a team has an injury...then he's an attractive trade. If you can't get something of value for him....he's better than Rexy as a backup. Especially with this OL.....McNabb could still get dinged.

What'd you think of this trade btw Bu? This whole 'management change' thing was your idea, after all ;)

could you post those two comments? interested to see what he said.

I'll admit this first one is a stretch, but TK wouldn't bring this up for nothing, plus he usually gets fired up when people mention JC:

Kinda weird that no one is crying about the JC avatars being gone.

Follow this thread carefully, and you'll notice TK doesn't quote the whole quote when he responds with "Yes.":

Yes.

hes clearly not better than grossman in the eyes of the front office because if he were, we'd offer him a small contract to remain on as a backup and cut grossman.

Maybe but I why not have Rex and Jason duke it out to be the back up . KS knows Rex but JC is a hard worker and learns systems quickly .

MS has talked on several occasions that he would welcome JC back as a back up ....

One thing I do not believe is that we will be going into the season with JC, RG, DM and CB . The one who has the most trade value right now is JC which is why he is being activly shopped around . RG and CB are question marks wether they will still be around come september also ...

Maybe but I why not have Rex and Jason duke it out to be the back up . KS knows Rex but JC is a hard worker and learns systems quickly .

MS has talked on several occasions that he would welcome JC back as a back up ....

One thing I do not believe is that we will be going into the season with JC, RG, DM and CB . The one who has the most trade value right now is JC which is why he is being activly shopped around . RG and CB are question marks wether they will still be around come september also ...

Obviously he doesn't or isn't on all counts because he is as good as gone.

You speculate way to often. We did offer him a small contract... it comes with the tender.

It could also easily be that JC wants out of DC. Wants a fresh start. It completley understandable. Perhaps Shanny understands this. Perhaps Shanny did want him as a backup, but JC wants to start. Who knows? Certainly not you. It could be a few different scenarios.

From your stand point though, its just as easy to cut him, "if" Shany wanted him out of here so bad. Your opinion here is that Shanny dislikes JC about as much as you... So please step down from the high horse of righteousness. Your disdain for JC clouds your thinking. You should be celebrating... not trying to further knock the guy.

so many have told how clearly much better campbell is than grossman, so there should be no "duking it out". its obvious that they want grossman as the backup and they want campbell out of here. if he was even part of the backup plan, he'd still be practicing with the team, yet hes remaining off the facility grounds and working out on his own. not the way a potential part of the team is handled.

You speculate way to often. We did offer him a small contract... it comes with the tender.

It could also easily be that JC wants out of DC. Wants a fresh start. It completley understandable. Perhaps Shanny understands this. Perhaps Shanny did want him as a backup, but JC wants to start. Who knows? Certainly not you. It could be a few different scenarios.

From your stand point though, its just as easy to cut him, "if" Shany wanted him out of here so bad. Your opinion here is that Shanny dislikes JC about as much as you... So please step down from the high horse of righteousness. Your disdain for JC clouds your thinking. You should be celebrating... not trying to further knock the guy.

shanny probably watched tape on campbell, didnt like what he saw, knew he couldnt win with him, and wanted mcnabb. this was probably figured out awhile ago, and they knew grossman knew the system and could be a solid backup with 0 learning curve, who kyle has history with and most likely prefers.

youre right, everything is speculation. but theres educated speculation and wild speculation. i dont think anything i said is completely out of left field, and if youre following our moves i think its pretty clear whats going on. again, campbell wouldnt be working out away from the team if he was even going to be a backup, theyd have him learning the playbook and still working with guys, which isnt happening.

I have a feeling things are going to be very ironic this season. Personally I hope we move JC and we can get something out of it, since we have basically nothing to work with now in the draft.

we still have a 1st, and i still believe were going to recoup some picks come draft day. as of now we have 1, 4, 5, 7 (i think). itd be easy for us to recoup a 3rd, 4th, 5th for guys like campbell, carter, rogers, and thats not even counting the potential haynesworth scenarios which would net us a 2nd most likely.

and we could always trade down if somehow clausen is a hot commodity with a few teams.

Archived