Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP RI - Jason Campbell intends to sign tender as his agent continues to seek trade partner

HapHaszard

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-campbell/jason-campbell-intends-to-sign.html

With so much going on lately, I've been a little behind on checking my email. In trying to get caught up early Friday morning, I answered several questions about quarterback Jason Campbell's tender offer.

As of late Thursday night, Campbell had not yet signed the first-round tender he received from the Redskins, two people familiar with the situation said. He does plan to sign the one-year, $3.14-million contract, the sources said, and is expected to do so no later than Monday.

Campbell actually has until next Thursday (April 15) to sign the tender, which is the last day unrestricted free agents can sign offer sheets with other clubs. Coach Mike Shanahan granted permission for Campbell's agent, Joel Segal, to continue to seek trades that would benefit Campbell and the Redskins after the deadline to sign tenders, indicating he would be willing to move Campbell if Segal could find a better situation for him. And if, of course, the Redskins could get what they want in exchange for him.

Click on the link above for the rest of the article

The article points out that 4/15 is the last day for restricted free agents to sign an offer sheet with another club. Perhaps we will see some deals once this deadline has passed. Maybe B. Marshall.

Exactly, it's in his best interest to sign and it opens the way to deal him.

I think Jason again has handled everything with class.

That said.....it would be better for the Skins if he signed the Tender and was here for at least training camp. If a team has an injury...then he's an attractive trade. If you can't get something of value for him....he's better than Rexy as a backup. Especially with this OL.....McNabb could still get dinged.

I think Jason again has handled everything with class.

That said.....it would be better for the Skins if he signed the Tender and was here for at least training camp. If a team has an injury...then he's an attractive trade. If you can't get something of value for him....he's better than Rexy as a backup. Especially with this OL.....McNabb could still get dinged.

True, but how often does a starting QB get injured during training camp. I think we lose leverage if the deal isn't done on or before draft day because teams in need of a QB will go on and draft one.

Quick to complain about how he was treated by this organization..

Even quicker to sign new contract...

Been collecting checks for 5 years, pretty good for someone who hasnt won anything in this league. Honestly i wish i was in his position

ESPN's Adam Schefter recently named Marshawn Lynch the player most likely to be traded, ahead of Brandon Marshall and Jason Campbell.

"They have a new coach, a new GM and any time there are new people in charge, they bring in their own players," said Schefter. "Marshawn Lynch could be traded on or before the draft." The new regime is less than impressed with Lynch's attitude, and it's looking more and more likely that he'll be replaced by a change-of-pace complement to Fred Jackson.

I would swap JC for Lynch. Lynch is a solid back and is still farely young with little mileage.

I would swap JC for Lynch. Lynch is a solid back and is still farely young with little mileage.

We already have Portis, Johnson, and Parker. Combine that with the fact that we are in desperate need of draft picks. No way that happens.

Either that or really no one wants to sign him. I'll go with the latter.

Why give up a player or draft pick for a guy you can sign for free during training camp. Only Gibbs coughing up a pick for Mark Brunell, a player about to be released and whom nobody wanted, would fall for that.

We already have Portis, Johnson, and Parker. Combine that with the fact that we are in desperate need of draft picks. No way that happens.

You wouldn't trade JC for a 23 year old stud 1000 yard + back that was a first round pick a few years back?

Portis, Parker and Johnson are old with a lot of wear and tear.

Archived