Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

@Schefter-Skins NOT shopping Big Al

TK

JReidPost

Redskins still trying to trade Albert Haynesworth before draft, according to two sources. If he's here after draft likely here for season. 3 minutes ago via OpenBeak

LoL at Reid for this tweet after Schefter said it wasn't happening.

So if he is traded, is JReid the man and Schefter goes in our dog house?

:pfft:

One thing I would love to know is if big Al was offered to the Eagles, as part of the McNabb trade, before or after the $21 million bonus he received on April 1st. The timeline would indicate that the McNabb deal didn't really start to heat up until last Thursday which would indicate big Al was offered AFTER he got his big bonus (at this point he is easily tradable).

The other possibility is that big Al was part of the initial offer back in February BEFORE the bonus, thus making the Eagles balk at that deal (since they were not going to give him the $21 million). Inquiring minds would like to know :)

Schefter was also on SportsCenter this morning and spoke about the topic at length. He was very adamant that the reports were false and that Big Al hasn't been even so much as discussed in a trade since March 31, before the bonus kicked in.

He said that the Redskins are counting on Haynesworth to have a big year at nose tackle and that Haslett will do his best to get the most out of him.

Schefter is very close to Shanahan and is almost always right with these things, so I definitely trust him. I thought it was strange myself that they would try to trade a player of his caliber after giving him the bonus.

O NO

Our Nose tackle MIGHT BE FAT AND LAZY!

O no! Lord knows that Wilfork and Shaun Rogers are Svelt! (Rogers is a freaking idiot, BTW.)

The NFL reporting and reporters are pretty freaking comical...Its like a soap opera I dont mind watching!

Actually, Cleveland did what we should do.

They are now using a real nose tackle, Ahtyba Rubin in the middle, having kicked Shaun Rogers out to End to rush.

JReidPost

Redskins still trying to trade Albert Haynesworth before draft, according to two sources. If he's here after draft likely here for season. 3 minutes ago via OpenBeak

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but didn't he tweet that exact same thing last night?:doh:

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but didn't he tweet that exact same thing last night?:doh:

The Redskins are attempting to trade Pro Bowl DT Albert Haynesworth, and a move could be made before the draft, NFL sources said Tuesday. about 17 hours ago via OpenBeak

Pretty much. Just worded a little different.

thank goodness.... I know I'm in a minority believing Haynesworth should stay a redskin.

I think he will be an amazing DE in a 3-4 system.

Add me in too.

I liked the trade last year, but I didnt like the way Blache used him.

I see him playing end in a 3-4 hybrid, maybe a NT at times, and really getting after the QB.

One thing I would love to know is if big Al was offered to the Eagles, as part of the McNabb trade, before or after the $21 million bonus he received on April 1st. The timeline would indicate that the McNabb deal didn't really start to heat up until last Thursday which would indicate big Al was offered AFTER he got his big bonus (at this point he is easily tradable).

The other possibility is that big Al was part of the initial offer back in February BEFORE the bonus, thus making the Eagles balk at that deal (since they were not going to give him the $21 million). Inquiring minds would like to know :)

This is what I've been trying to tell you guys for the last few days. :)

JReidPost

I dislike JReid like I dislike that other douche who left for NFL Network. Why can't we have beat writers that actually like the Washington Redskins?

Archived