Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

@Schefter-Skins NOT shopping Big Al

TK

That is a LOCK imo...

With Bradford, Suh, and McCoy gone they can get back this year's pick that went for McNabb and draft an OL or two or maybe an OL and a surprise RB/BPA

With those 3 gone it will be hard to move out of that 4th spot since those 3 are clearly the best prospects available. We'll have to wait and see.

More like JLC and Reid were wrong, since they were the ones most pushing this story. It doesn't mean that they didn't bring him up during McNabb talks, but that he isn't actively being traded. Not much different than Campbell last year after the Cutler trade.
Kelli Johnson actually said that it was confirmed yesterday that Haynesworth is on the trade block.

Kelli Johnson actually said that it was confirmed yesterday that Haynesworth is on the trade block.

As much as I like KJ, she needs to take up golf with a swing like that.

As much as I like KJ, she needs to take up golf with a swing like that.

Speaking of KJ

kjohnsoncsn

Still stand by my source, the Redskins have been shopping Haynesworth, there just aren't any takers right now. 5 minutes ago via UberTwitter

Big AL is the best D-lineman in the NFL. All we need from him is to get back in shape and dominate. Let the chemistry settle itself.

That is all.

Oh, and KJ should have never gotten a twitter account. She is making herself seem less credible. I'll take Schefter's word over hers any day.

hey hey , i know a perfect one to go with the swing and misses that she been doing

Oh hush up Wilbon. :silly:

Thing is, KJ started the Skins beat under Gibbs. And Zorn kept that staff for two years. And she had some really good sources.

Now Shanny is here. The only holdover from Gibbs/Zorn is Danny Smith. And KJ hasn't built up any new sources from within the coaching staff & FO. So she has taken several swings this offseason & missed on them.

LOL @ the Junkies (I never listen to them but 92.7 reception was awful this morning) saying they trust Reid more than Schefter this morning.

shanahan tells schefter what to say. for the people that don't know here, schefter wrote shanahan's biography. they are close.

Speaking of KJ

kjohnsoncsn

Still stand by my source, the Redskins have been shopping Haynesworth, there just aren't any takers right now. 5 minutes ago via UberTwitter

This isn't actually incompatible with Shefter's "no trade discussions." I think the take home point is that he's definitely in Shanny's doghouse and the coaching staff wouldn't shed any tears if he's gone BUT he's still a potentially dominating player and we're not going to force a trade particularly after cutting him a $21M check.

And Florio is probably, as usual, way off base. If anyone is going to give the 'skins some of that $21 million back it's not going to be AH.

So no active discussions probably means noone is willing to meet our asking price in both players/picks and money. The thing is if the staff still get some buy-in from AH, we're a better team with him than we'd likely be with whatever we could get in trade for him.

Archived