Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

@Schefter-Skins NOT shopping Big Al

TK

This isn't actually incompatible with Shefter's "no trade discussions." I think the take home point is that he's definitely in Shanny's doghouse and the coaching staff wouldn't shed any tears if he's gone BUT he's still a potentially dominating player and we're not going to force a trade particularly after cutting him a $21M check.

And Florio is probably, as usual, way off base. If anyone is going to give the 'skins some of that $21 million back it's not going to be AH.

So no active discussions probably means noone is willing to meet our asking price in both players/picks and money. The thing is if the staff still get some buy-in from AH, we're a better team with him than we'd likely be with whatever we could get in trade for him.

so the question is, how much cash is a 1st round draft pick worth to the skins =D

This isn't actually incompatible with Shefter's "no trade discussions." I think the take home point is that he's definitely in Shanny's doghouse and the coaching staff wouldn't shed any tears if he's gone BUT he's still a potentially dominating player and we're not going to force a trade particularly after cutting him a $21M check.

And Florio is probably, as usual, way off base. If anyone is going to give the 'skins some of that $21 million back it's not going to be AH.

So no active discussions probably means noone is willing to meet our asking price in both players/picks and money. The thing is if the staff still get some buy-in from AH, we're a better team with him than we'd likely be with whatever we could get in trade for him.

I'm with you.

So they DID seek to trade him at some point prior to the 31st then?

I think that's the key. They were trying to trade him before his bonus was due.

Interesting that Shanny and Allen are playing cat & mouse with him. He's expected to play where ever the team decides to put him, i.e. NT, which everybody knows is something he doesn't want to do.

You can't run to Danny on this one AH. :ols:

no because it seems that we are going to run a scheme similar to pittsburgh where the line clogs up blockers with a huge NT (kemoeatu)... albert will not be allowed to penetrate as much as he wants to.

I think the time with Blache may have you thinking that all coaches insist on trying to force players to fit the scheme rather than adapting the scheme to maximize talent. Haslett is a good enough D-coordinator to properly utilize AH (mostly at end). Even if his tackle and sack numbers aren't great, he'll be a force.

More like JLC and Reid were wrong, since they were the ones most pushing this story. It doesn't mean that they didn't bring him up during McNabb talks, but that he isn't actively being traded. Not much different than Campbell last year after the Cutler trade.

Don't forget Kelli Johnson confirming that we were actively trying to trade AH.

As I said before and will say agin until Schefty says it ..it's rumors,heresay and speculation.

Kelli just won't give up:ols:.She tweets she still stands by her source:ols: sweetie Adam Schefter goes way back with Shanny and if anybody is going to get that exclusive on the Skins it's HIM.

F_F_20072008_303_bigger.jpg kjohnsoncsn

1. Still stand by my source, the Redskins have been shopping Haynesworth, there just aren't any takers right now. about 1 hour ago via UberTwitter
  2. @DJShap There have been rumblings about Shanahan being interested in reuniting w/B Marshall, but sunday's deal 4 (cont) http://tl.gd/p4452 about 12 hours ago via UberTwitter in reply to DJShap
  3. @willharding I think they want some of that money back! But more than anything, I think Shanahan just wants to get rid of Haynesworth about 13 hours ago via UberTwitter in reply to willharding
  4. @rkmert thank you! Had fun interviewing w/ McNabb... Cool guy about 13 hours ago via UberTwitter in reply to rkmert
  5. I have confirmed that the Redskins are shopping DT Albert Haynesworth, but so far there are NO takers. about 17 hours ago via UberTwitter

he's not gonna be a dominating player in the 3-4, he just isn't

he's a 4-3 3 tech, that's it.

I love this kind of "i know what I'm saying cause I said 3 tech" talk.

Dude stunts, lines up at end, plays 1 gap, 2 gap all the time. He is a physical specimen that prefers to play 1 gap. He may not get as many stats playing in the 101 but he'd be much more disruptive and whose to say he can't 1 gap at NT?

All the defense would need to do is master contain and he'd get everything funneled his way.

Dude stunts, lines up at end, plays 1 gap, 2 gap all the time. He is a physical specimen that prefers to play 1 gap. He may not get as many stats playing in the 101 but he'd be much more disruptive and whose to say he can't 1 gap at NT?

All the defense would need to do is master contain and he'd get everything funneled his way.

we just got kemoeatu to play 2gap nose. looks like haslett isn't really interested in running a penetrating/slanting style 3-4 defense like dallas.

we just got kemoeatu to play 2gap nose. looks like haslett isn't really interested in running a penetrating/slanting style 3-4 defense like dallas.

How many times has it been said that we will be a hybrid, running both 3-4 and 4-3? And Kemoeatu can't be our only 2 gap NT. He's Haynesworth's backup for that 45% of the time he ain't in the game when we run the 3-4. Haynesworth will need to play some 2 gap nose guard but not all the time. In passing downs he'll 1 gap from anywhere including a 3 tech 4-3 DL. He'll play 3-4 end, he'll stunt, he'll still be expected to take on blockers but will also be allowed to shoot gaps, perhaps even moreso than he did last year. He didn't play a lot of 1 gap last year which was his problem with Blache's scheme.

See? This is why I'm gonna switch to 100% GOLF Mode from now until mid-way through the pre-season. Too much speculation/rumors/crazy trade talk for me. I'll see what we do with the 4th pick (Okung) during the draft. Other than that, I'm concentrating on pars, bogeys and my occasional birdies. See y'all in AUGUST. :logo:

Exactly. 3-4 DE's spend a lot of time in either a 3 or a 4i (inside of tackle) anyways. Can he slide in and play the NT? Yes. Can he play DE and dominate? Yes. Dude is a beast and will excel if we give him the opportunity.

So if he is traded, is JReid the man and Schefter goes in our dog house?

:pfft:

Actually, neither report is falsifiable or verifiable. First report indicated we'd only be looking to trade him before the draft, so no trade might just mean we didn't find anyone who'd make an offer that the FO found attractive. Nor does a trade actually verify it since a trade could actually just be that team X made an offer we couldn't refuse. Schefter's report does not indicate that we will not entertain a trade offer and is based on speech that has the footnote which says "tomorrow is another day and we reserve the right to change our minds".

The fact that Schefter is tight with Shanahan is the primary reason we shouldnt beleive anything he says about the redskins. Shanahan's used Schefter for years to disseminate the information Shanahan wants disseminated.

He's definitely a mouth piece for Shanahan (like JLC is for the Ravens) but I don't see him intentionally lying for him. Schefter does have a reputation to protect. If he was constantly putting out false info about the Redskins, he'd lose credibility and that's all they have in that business. Also, the relationship can't work if Shanahan is dishonest with him and constantly making him look like a fool. I believe what Schefter says about the Redskins is true but you have to pay attention to the wording.

Don't forget Kelli Johnson confirming that we were actively trying to trade AH.

As I said before and will say agin until Schefty says it ..it's rumors,heresay and speculation.

Kelli just won't give up:ols:.She tweets she still stands by her source:ols: sweetie Adam Schefter goes way back with Shanny and if anybody is going to get that exclusive on the Skins it's HIM.

F_F_20072008_303_bigger.jpg kjohnsoncsn

1. Still stand by my source, the Redskins have been shopping Haynesworth, there just aren't any takers right now. about 1 hour ago via UberTwitter
  2. @DJShap There have been rumblings about Shanahan being interested in reuniting w/B Marshall, but sunday's deal 4 (cont) http://tl.gd/p4452 about 12 hours ago via UberTwitter in reply to DJShap
  3. @willharding I think they want some of that money back! But more than anything, I think Shanahan just wants to get rid of Haynesworth about 13 hours ago via UberTwitter in reply to willharding
  4. @rkmert thank you! Had fun interviewing w/ McNabb... Cool guy about 13 hours ago via UberTwitter in reply to rkmert
  5. I have confirmed that the Redskins are shopping DT Albert Haynesworth, but so far there are NO takers. about 17 hours ago via UberTwitter

Well she got something right in there. About time. :)

And another

Kelli Johnson kjohnsoncsn

Shanahan & Jeff Fisher are also very good friends;trading Haynesworth would give Shanny support from lockeroom; more on csnwashington.com 2 minutes ago via UberTwitter

Wasn't that a PFT statement. This story/non-story has quickly become :beatdeadhorse:

I feel like KJ is on the offensive with her news 'leak'. Good for her, i guess.

Small request:

From now now, can we post her picture with all of her tweets? I like those the best :D

Archived