Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shefter: McNabb a Redskin MERGED x7

Conn

Why in the hell would we trade for a 34-year old choke artist of a QB who has 1 year left on his deal? Much less use a 2nd round pick (guessing), in one of the deepest drafts in yeas!?! I don't know what to think. I just can't see myself rooting for McNabb.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx?rwr=1

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Redskins have acquired QB Donovan McNabb from the Eagles for undisclosed compensation.

It's also unclear if the Redskins have extended McNabb's contract; he's entering the final year of his deal. We're guessing, but DE Andre Carter may be headed to Philadelphia along with perhaps Washington's fourth-round pick (No. 103) and more considerations. Jason Campbell will presumably move into the primary backup role in D.C., assuming the Skins haven't rescinded his restricted free agent tender. The Kevin Kolb era in Philadelphia has begun.

WTF

I sincerely dislike this move, and considering there were other teams interested in McNabb and they decided to trade him to a team within the division instead tells you we probably gave up too much. This sucks.

Edit: Yeah... we officially gave up too much :(. I can't believe this.

A second round pick and a third or fourth next year for a 34-year old QB who has been nothing but inconsistent and injury prone the last few years?

The ghost of Vinny Cerrato is still here!

Jason Taylor Part 2.

Filed to ESPN: Mcnabb to Redskins for 2nd-rd pick this year and either a 3 or 4 next year depending on certain conditions.

I am not sure how I feel yet. He is good, but old. He will also play with a chip on his shoulder in the division.

I'm not sure how to react to this.

One thing is for certain though and that is McNabb is much, MUCH better at avoiding pressure than Campbell. I'm guessing that was a big factor in this decision.

I'm surprised they traded within the division due to the motivation factor alone.

Archived