Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shefter: McNabb a Redskin MERGED x7

Conn

Donovan McNabb-QB-Redskins Apr. 5 - 4:24 pm et

A league source confirmed to SI's Jim Trotter that the Redskins are already in contract extension talks with Donovan McNabb.

The deal "could be finalized this week, if not in the next few days," Trotter wrote on Twitter Monday afternoon. McNabb, 33, could be looking at a three- to four-year extension worth something like $10 million per season.

Source: SI.com

• 9 months later...
I dont know about this. This just does not feel right. The Eagles are a very smart and organized team. I really hope we didnt get screwed on this.

just looking through all these posts ...

i was pretty dumb to the fact that the eagles rarely make big mistakes on player moves like this and I also totally forgot about how the let go of trotter, we scoop him up, he sucks, goes back to philly and makes the pro bowl.

fml

just looking through all these posts ...

i was pretty dumb to the fact that the eagles rarely make big mistakes on player moves like this and I also totally forgot about how the let go of trotter, we scoop him up, he sucks, goes back to philly and makes the pro bowl.

fml

Philly, Just like NE, has a system....

Kind of like how Branch goes to Seattle and blah....but goes back to NE and is elite.

We are continuing to build a system right now. Hopefully the popcorn society in DC allows it to happen.

My biggest thread getting some more love. :ols:

Damn the optimism from most in this thread was nice. :(

chill out dude, its not like the Fun with Eli's Drunk Pic thread ;)

that stood out to me too ... the optimism that is. man, i was riding high i know that. I didn't look too hard but I did not see a lot of negative posts.

Something tells me that we'll end up keeping McNabb if there's a CBA. No matter what anyone says, who wants to be made "a fool of" by the Fat Walrus ;)

I don't know about that. I think that Shanahan came out and said that a good coach doesn't stick with a mistake, just to try and prove he didn't make a mistake, for a reason.

I don't know about that. I think that Shanahan came out and said that a good coach doesn't stick with a mistake, just to try and prove he didn't make a mistake, for a reason.

That is the only thing that I like about this whole situation. I have a little respect for that.

Can only imagine what that 2nd round pick could have been for this team. Outside of that - just another scar on the redskins organization. Dust off and move on.

And so began my conspiracy theories that McNabb was part of a package to move up to get Sam Bradford. Those were the days of happiness....

A conspiracy that TK confirmed. That was originally the plan, if I remember correctly.

A conspiracy that TK confirmed. That was originally the plan, if I remember correctly.

I can't believe the Skins head office would be that stupid. If you can trade McNabb + picks to get Bradford then you could have easily traded the 2nd and 4th picks it cost to get McNabb + whatever else directly for Bradford. The Rams could have used the 2nd and 4th from Skins to get McNabb directly if they so chose.

I can't believe the Skins head office would be that stupid. If you can trade McNabb + picks to get Bradford then you could have easily traded the 2nd and 4th picks it cost to get McNabb + whatever else directly for Bradford. The Rams could have used the 2nd and 4th from Skins to get McNabb directly if they so chose.

TK alluded that it was originally going to be a 3-way deal. It didn't happen. That's all I know. We then decided we wanted McNabb anyways.

TK alluded that it was originally going to be a 3-way deal. It didn't happen. That's all I know. We then decided we wanted McNabb anyways.

That's my recollection too. Kind of helps explain why Shanny is ready to get rid of him already too. Wasn't plan A.

Probably my happiest day of Redskins news in 2010

Remember heading home from work and ESPN saying McNabb to our Skins. Very first thing that popped into my head was finally leadership on the QB position. Stability on the offense. I was ecstatic.

So damn disappointment for it to end like this. Bad karma rules this organization. Wonder what our Skins did to piss off the football Gods man.

Archived