Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schefter: Willie Parker now a Redskin

texasthunder

This is very, very depressing. This shows that we don't have smart folks in charge of personnel. No one has ever questioned Shanahan the coach but Shanhan the GM leaves a lot to be desired.

There is ZERO doubt in my mind that Willie Parker has lost not one, but two steps. He was a soft runner with poor vision and awful hands but had an extra gear in the open field. Now that he doesn't have that extra gear, he's worthless.

and what's worse is that after he had been rightfully passed on the depth chart by both Rashard Mendenhall and Mewelde Moore, he complained like a diva.

I'm not sure what the guaranteed $ is, but up to $3.1M is insane. I have zero doubt that we could get better play out of ANY back we might draft in rounds 5-7.

Parker is a DOWNGRADE from Quenton Ganther at 3X the price.

Very depressing.

Dude, calm down. What a drama queen. When it says "UP TO 3.1 million" that almost always means its loaded with incentives. And even if, on the almost impossible chance that it wasn't, and was just 3.1 million guaranteed, who CARES? Its a one year deal, in an uncapped year. Chill.

But we're working in reality here, and that means its an incentives-filled contract. Which means if he's even on the team when the season starts, he only makes that money if he performs very very well. And if that's the case, you won't be complaining about ****, because your mouth will be full of the crow you'll be eating.

See this for what it is: A signing meant to get the most out of our RB's this year. This is insane competition, to even make the team, and I love it.

By the way, am I the only one that thinks this is more a statement of his confidence in Jason's ability as a QB as it is about his confidence in CP? I think Shanny's plan is to run the ball 35-40 times a game, whether its 2 or 3 of these vet RBs getting the carries. It seems like he's following the Jets model of defense and running the ball and not asking your QB to win games.

get outta here....what is wrong with competition? he isnt guaranteed to make the roster and if he wants to get paid he will play as best as he can. if thats not good enough, he is gone. chill

Thank You !!

Some people on here getting depressed because we signed another RB, so he has got some age.

You can bet the contract is incentive laden, so if he doesnt perform, he wont get a paycheck, and we can cut him loose at any time.

Besides we still have Aldridge and P.J. Hill on the roster.

Yeah, my guess is Portis Parker and Johnson all compete for 2 RB spots, one of them gets cut. and Shanahan drafts a mid-late round RB as well.. so basically those 3 and the draft guy compete for 3 spots. Its not enough in the NFL to just "get" 3 RBs and be set anymore. You want the BEST 3, which requires you to first off have MORE than 3, and then whittle it down to the top 3 in order to have the best RB committee you can on your roster

jahvid best is till going to vist right

I think portis gets trade on draft day.. just a hunch

Where and who would trade for portis? For some reason value escapes everyone who talks trade. Now if you said cut, you might be on to something.

what this says to me is that we are going to get our qb in the draft and then we are targeting nothing but oline.

I think it says we're trading up for Bradford and we need RBs to be running hard to make their own holes.

get outta here....what is wrong with competition? he isnt guaranteed to make the roster and if he wants to get paid he will play as best as he can. if thats not good enough, he is gone. chill

yes, competition is fine. Cheap, young competition.

Parker is done and has been done for 2 years. Can't stay healthy and when he is healthy he doesn't produce.

The problem is that the Skins front office is still looking at unwise investments. Even if Parker had something left (which he obviously does not) the sure you can see the problem with employing a dumb strategy in giving contracts to RBs whose careers are in significant decline.

with how many late round RBs contribute in this league this move just makes no sense. 3 RBs with virtually no upside. At least with drafting a RB you a remote chance of them developing into a steal.

Just bringing another body into camp. Shanahan is just trying to get some more competition. What is so crazy about the move? Skins can still go ofter RBs in the draft although they obviously wont have that many opportunities with so few picks and so many holes.

(I feel a hint of bitterness over George Mason's performance against a superior GW Colonial's basketball team :))

By the way, am I the only one that thinks this is more a statement of his confidence in Jason's ability as a QB as it is about his confidence in CP? I think Shanny's plan is to run the ball 35-40 times a game, whether its 2 or 3 of these vet RBs getting the carries. It seems like he's following the Jets model of defense and running the ball and not asking your QB to win games.

Not really. This seems to mirror his time in Denver where the offense starts off the running game. People here seem to thumb their nose at it, but it seemed pretty obvious that the focus was going to be on rebuilding the line and getting the running game going.

this is very, very depressing. This shows that we don't have smart folks in charge of personnel. No one has ever questioned shanahan the coach but shanhan the gm leaves a lot to be desired.

There is zero doubt in my mind that willie parker has lost not one, but two steps. He was a soft runner with poor vision and awful hands but had an extra gear in the open field. Now that he doesn't have that extra gear, he's worthless.

And what's worse is that after he had been rightfully passed on the depth chart by both rashard mendenhall and mewelde moore, he complained like a diva.

I'm not sure what the guaranteed $ is, but up to $3.1m is insane. I have zero doubt that we could get better play out of any back we might draft in rounds 5-7.

Parker is a downgrade from quenton ganther at 3x the price.

Very depressing.

+100

Parker is done and has been done for 2 years. Can't stay healthy and when he is healthy he doesn't produce.

The problem is that the Skins front office is still looking at unwise investments. Even if Parker had something left (which he obviously does not) the sure you can see the problem with employing a dumb strategy in giving contracts to RBs whose careers are in significant decline.

Its a One. Year. Contract. With incentives. If he is what you say he is (IE useless) then he won't even make it out of training camp. You're going way overboard here.

You are reading the tea leaves all wrong. This means we won't have a roster

full of cast offs when CP goes on the DL.

I don't think Portis is going anywhere.

What was a fire under his ass, is now a raging inferno, and I think we are going to see a very different Portis than last year.

I think it is going to be quite interesting to see a motivated and in shape CP this year eager to prove he's no Larry Johnson or FWP.

all competition is good competition...

you are obviously in the minority here on the board...so guess who is wrong! you :pfft:

but i guess only time will tell for sure...im so pumped for this season

if we wanted...what could we get out of portis draft pick wise? 2nd rounder? draft a rb there? if we dont trade him i doubt we get a rb this year...im excited about this

Haha..2nd rounder only if some team has a brain freeze. I don't think anyone will give up higher than a 5th-6th round pick..if that.

Archived