Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schefter: Willie Parker now a Redskin

texasthunder

I think people are getting a little too carried away with the production this RB trio is capable of producing.

It seems a lot more logical that Shanahan just wants to use these three guys to take the beating while he rebuilds the o-line before drafting a real new RB next year.

Nobody will really care or be surprised if Portis, LJ, or Parker get banged up, but it would be upsetting if we had a rookie RB that wasted a year behind our o-line project. Start to get the line in place and get the early lumps out of the way with this Over The Hill RB by Committee idea.

^^^ exfreakinxactly!

instead of just waiting til camps and the season and seeing how it all shakes down folks would rather cry and moan about something they have zero control over. oh no we have all over the hill running backs we're doomed i say! doomed! lol

Well said ciresolstice! And as soon as we start looking at other competition, some people want to start trading the few good players we have :mad:

How would you like to be drafted by Washington and work on the field with these 3 backs. If you cant learn from them, you arent cut out for this league anyway.

WTF? Portis can teach you how to keep reporters interested during an interview...Parker can teach you how to lose your job to a rookie during your "prime" years, and LJ can teach you how to be an a-hole off the field?

Yep, these three have a lot to offer, not to mention the fact that I'm sure they're on board playing the role of "teacher"...more like :saber:

:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols:

WTF? Portis can teach you how to keep reporters interested during an interview...Parker can teach you how to lose your job to a rookie during your "prime" years, and LJ can teach you how to be an a-hole off the field?

Yep, these three have a lot to offer, not to mention the fact that I'm sure they're on board playing the role of "teacher"...more like :saber:

:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols:

You're positivity just gives me the warm and fuzzies. :silly:

I like the signing.

It seems a lot more logical that Shanahan just wants to use these three guys to take the beating while he rebuilds the o-line before drafting a real new RB next year.

I agree. You can't just come out and say "We're not drafting a RB this year." And even if we do, I am still drinking the Shana-saurus Rex Kool-Aid.

OH YEAHHHH!!!

None of the 3 can probably carry the load anymore, but if they're splitting 30 carries a game, they will stay fresh.

10 carries a piece, or even Portis with 15, and WP, and LJ splitting 15, would be good.

We know how devoted Shanny is to the run game.

I like it.

My thoughts exactly...10 carries each a game isn't bad.

Reminds me of the first Patriots superbowl. Signing veterans to cheap contracts in area of need for short term, allows you to build over a few years and have vets to cover areas of the field where you can't build in the current year. I think its absolute genius what the Skins are doing. Stop gap measures because you can't draft every position in one year, these guys will fill in 1 year. I would expect rb to be a big draft need next year.

Well said ciresolstice! And as soon as we start looking at other competition, some people want to start trading the few good players we have :mad:

You mean like trading Cooley? The one position on the team that seems to be set with a Pro Bowl TE starting and a seemingly star-to-be backing him up...and it's let's get rid of them for possible draft picks to be used on guys with no NFL experience. I think I'll stand in this line with you and ciresolstice...that other line over there is getting a little to outlandish for my liking.

Broseph, I ain't hatin' on the man. I'm just sayin', Double A averaged like 10 yards a carry at Hampton. But that's not important. What's important is that Zorn is gone, and Shanny is IN.

And I don't drink Haterade, I prefer honey turkey and right now I've got my hat on so Hail to the Redskins!! :point2sky:point2sky

Haha true. AA could be great but he has to prove it first, Portis has proven it. And i do agree that what matters is Zorn is gone, wooooohoooo. And that Honey Turkey is great, you have good taste my friend.

You mean like trading Cooley? The one position on the team that seems to be set with a Pro Bowl TE starting and a seemingly star-to-be backing him up...and it's let's get rid of them for possible draft picks to be used on guys with no NFL experience. I think I'll stand in this line with you and ciresolstice...that other line over there is getting a little to outlandish for my liking.

Having two Pro Bowl TE's (Davis, given the chance, WILL BE a Pro Bowl TE) with NO LEFT TACKLE, NO RIGHT TACKLE, NO RIGHT GAURD, 2 questionable Centers, and NO QB is a luxary we cannot afford as a team!!

I think this signing is an indication that Portis will no longer be a skin...the type of money Portis is making...and attitude of this past season...I would imagine is the reason why we signed both Johnson and Parker.

now the question is...can we trade Portis? I would be real happy if we could package Portis with a few other players to move to number one in the draft to make that run for Bradford...JMHO

Archived