Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schefter: Willie Parker now a Redskin

texasthunder

I hear we're kicking the tires on Barry Sanders too... ;)

Anyway, this is interesting indeed. CP's loafing days are officially done, and he knows it.

Goes back to what Elam said about always being on your toes for fear of being cut everyday.

This is very, very depressing. This shows that we don't have smart folks in charge of personnel. No one has ever questioned Shanahan the coach but Shanhan the GM leaves a lot to be desired.

There is ZERO doubt in my mind that Willie Parker has lost not one, but two steps. He was a soft runner with poor vision and awful hands but had an extra gear in the open field. Now that he doesn't have that extra gear, he's worthless.

and what's worse is that after he had been rightfully passed on the depth chart by both Rashard Mendenhall and Mewelde Moore, he complained like a diva.

I'm not sure what the guaranteed $ is, but up to $3.1M is insane. I have zero doubt that we could get better play out of ANY back we might draft in rounds 5-7.

Parker is a DOWNGRADE from Quenton Ganther at 3X the price.

Very depressing.

YES!!!

I love parker, this makes a heck of a lot more sense to me than larry johnson

The question is who are they going to cut out those three RBs?

No way they keep Portis, Parker, and Larry on the same team

This is very, very depressing. This shows that we don't have smart folks in charge of personnel. No one has ever questioned Shanahan the coach but Shanhan the GM leaves a lot to be desired.

There is ZERO doubt in my mind that Willie Parker has lost not one, but two steps. He was a soft runner with poor vision and awful hands but had an extra gear in the open field. Now that he doesn't have that extra gear, he's worthless.

and what's worse is that after he had been rightfully passed on the depth chart by both Rashard Mendenhall and Mewelde Moore, he complained like a diva.

I'm not sure what the guaranteed $ is, but up to $3.1M is insane. I have zero doubt that we could get better play out of ANY back we might draft in rounds 5-7.

Parker is a DOWNGRADE from Quenton Ganther at 3X the price.

Very depressing.

get outta here....what is wrong with competition? he isnt guaranteed to make the roster and if he wants to get paid he will play as best as he can. if thats not good enough, he is gone. chill

by the way, the Redskins Insider is Adam Schefter.....not Jason Reid or any of these guys in the DC media.....he's been breaking Skins stories before anybody else....him and Shanny are boys.

Makes sense. They probably just contact Schefter directly when they want something put out, and not a minute sooner. No leaks in this tight ship.

How would you like to be drafted by Washington and work on the field with these 3 backs. If you cant learn from them, you arent cut out for this league anyway.

Running backs aren't QB's they don't come into the league to learn. They can produce day 1.

YES!!!

I love parker, this makes a heck of a lot more sense to me than larry johnson

The question is who are they going to cut out those three RBs?

No way they keep Portis, Parker, and Larry on the same team

I'm not excited about the move but understand the thinking behind it.

Hey, if you're not motivated to show us you what it takes, then you'll be back in the unemployment line. :)

$3.1 million is the maximum value, which likely means if he DOES earn anywhere close to $3.1 million, it'll be because he had an outstanding season for us.

It's a one-year deal that in all likelihood has little to no guaranteed money. If he doesn't make the team or doesn't contribute much, he won't earn much either.

Archived