Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Staying in Falls Church next week need recommendations

AsburySkinsFan

Howdy ESers, my family and I are going to be in Falls Church next week doing the family and DC thing, and we're looking for some restaurants to check out while we're there. I also need to get them to some traditional Chesapeake Bay crab with all the fantastic spices.

a) you need to drive to MD in season.

B) you aren't getting CB crabs anywhere in this area this time of year. You might buy blue crabs but they are all being shipped in from out of state.

Not to worry, even in prime time there are so many crabs sold her a high percentage in the restaurants are shipped in. :cool:

Where to get?

Go to Ray's Hell Burger in Arlington. Obama made it a point to go there... just saying.

Sweet, that will be fun to put on my facebook for all my Conservative buddies here.

My kids are 8 and 5.

Do they like airplanes and space shuttles? If so you might want to check out the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center (Dulles Air and Space Museum).

http://www.nasm.si.edu/museum/udvarhazy/

It's where the put the planes that are too big to house in their DC complex. I haven't been in a while but they had an SR-71, a space shuttle, and the Enola Gay (dropped the A Bomb).

If you like hoppie beers there is a nice micro-brew type place right in Falls Church. DogFishHeadAle.

Not overly fancy just yummy.

I recently had this beer at a corporate function. It was great and I had no idea they had a restaurant. I'll be checking this place out ASAP.

In my opinion, go to Sweet Water. It get's packed but its worth it. Has good food for kids too. Their chicken tenders are amazing.

Try the special of the day.

Dog fish head is also good.

Dog wood Tavern is also great food with a coozy atmosphere, right in the heart of old town falls church.

Go to Ray's Hell Burger in Arlington. Obama made it a point to go there... just saying.

You know, I went to that place when it first opened and it was awesome, but since he went there, the place is yuppie central and the customer service sucks ass. He ruined the place because now they dont have to worry about customer satisfaction, they will get their customers no matter what because everyone wants to try the hamburger Obama ate :(

I went there Sunday and asked for my burger to-go...they give me a plate with the burger on it and make me box my own burger while its piping hot and act like total Burger Nazis...:wtf:

With that said, the burgers are ****ing-fantastic - get it recommended.

Ok things to do:

Go to Ballston Commons Mall and watch the Capitals practice at the Kettler Ice Arena (autographs and everything)

Rio Grande is right by Ballston Commons - very good Mexican food....I'd send you to El Paso because its the best in the area and right down the street, but the neighborhood is questionable at night.

I'll think of some more later...I spend my summers in that area and its always got something fun happening.

In my opinion, go to Sweet Water. It get's packed but its worth it. Has good food for kids too. Their chicken tenders are amazing.

Try the special of the day.

Dog fish head is also good.

Dog wood Tavern is also great food with a coozy atmosphere, right in the heart of old town falls church.

Or go to Silverados, or Mikes bar and grill essentially the same menus and easier than packed sweet water.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks TBLTO!! We hit Captain Pell's tonight and OMGness...yumm yumm!!! I devoured my fill of all you can eat crabs, so much so that my lips were nearly raw from eating, I had forgotten how much I loved cracking those buggers!

What a great way to finish off an awesome week with my family.

If you like Vietnamese, try the Four Sisters in Merrifield, or if you're more daring go to little Saigon in 7 corners.

Peking Gourmet Inn is a famous Chinese food place on Rte 7, popular with Presidents and other dignitaries, with their pictures lining the walls (get the Peking duck).

This is probably too late, but I grew up in Falls Church, spent the first 25 years of my life there, with some breaks. I haven't lived there in 4-5 years, but if you want to try really good Afghan food, go to Panjshir on Broad Street. They have excellent food.

Now for the rest of you. Ballston? Little Saigon? (it's called the Eden Center, btw) Did you actually refer to these places as dangerous or daring? I think you guys need to get out more.:ols:

Peking Gourmet Inn is a famous Chinese food place on Rte 7, popular with Presidents and other dignitaries, with their pictures lining the walls (get the Peking duck).

You know what's funny is that we drove by that place tonight, and I joked that it reminded me of the restaurant from "A Christmas Story". It has a red lighted sign and sits back in a strip mall kinda place right?

Archived