Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

soonersports.com: BRADFORD SHINES IN WORKOUT

TK

Well wasn't that the main lingering question?

It still is a question. He didn't injure his shoulder by throwing the ball. He injured it by getting tackled and falling on it (by a safety, if I remember correctly, not a 300 lb DT). The fact that he can actually throw is great, but that doesn't tell you what would happen if a 270 lb NFL DE leveled him and he fell on it. Which WILL happen, because no way in hell is he going to have the same level of protection wherever he goes in the NFL as he did through his two full years starting at OU.

Also, that wasn't and isn't the only question about him. Spread offense, not having to make many defensive reads at the LOS, having amazing protection during the two years he started. Even if his shoulder does hold up to an NFL pounding, those are still legit questions, especially if a team is thinking of starting him right away.

The problem with that is that there were some very big and some very legitimate concerns about Cutler that proved out. The media got caught up in his big arm and his stats that were overinflated by his great supporting cast (seriously, any offensive line that can get street free agents to around 5 ypc is nuts).

I'm personally convinced that Bradford is the best QB prospect since the 2004 draft of Eli/Rivers/Big Ben. If you don't have a franchise QB and one comes around you MUST take him. I think that's a pretty clear statement that most would agree with.

Where some will disagree is whether Bradford is a franchise QB. I think he is. I also thought there were no franchise QBs last year (thought Stafford was good, not great, since he had too many accuracy issues in college, thought Sanchez was a project).

But Bradford is the kind of franchise talent every team dreams of having at QB.

Cutler is damn good. He can turn it on whenever he wants to. Cutler is damn good. Did I say that already.

I watched him in the last four games of the Bears 2009 season and this guy showed why Shanny was hot for him. He is good.

All you asking for a LT. We had a pro bowl LT for 10 years. What did that get us? Nothing. WE NEED A QB!!!

Yes, and a quick search of Pro Bowl QBs turns up some quality names. Studs like Derek Anderson, Jake Delhomme, David Garrard, etc. Lousy argument.

Last year, the "ABC Club" (Anybody But Campbell) would have had the Skins trade two first round picks for Cutler. We all saw how that would have worked out.
2 first round picks was never even a realistic scenario. I doubt anyone would've supported that idea.

Some were willing to part with Campbell and a first. Here's a poll: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=283038

The Browns had like 200,000 people there what's that all about?

HHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!

Browns have 13 picks this year? 5 picks in the first 3 rounds!

Holmgren says Browns will draft a QB

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Browns president Mike Holmgren has decided to draft a quarterback in the 2010 NFL Draft, and annouced his intentions publicly at the Annual Meeting on Sunday.

While the Browns have been busy overhauling that position recently -- sending Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson packing, while acquiring Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace -- Holmgren says the draft is a chance to find their potential leader of the future and get him into the system early.

"It's just something we have to do," Holmgren said as quoted by the Plain Dealer . "Why wait? I'm 61. I don't want to wait for anyone. We're going to have to do this."

"I think Jake will make us better right away. But we have to find the next guy. That's what we have to do."

Holmgren noted that the Browns have needs in many areas, so it would be difficult to justify using one of the Browns' first two picks on a QB unless there was a particularly attractive prospect up for grabs. He's not fond of Jimmy Clausen ("I wish I liked him more"), and while he didn't rule out trading up in an attempt to land Sam Bradford , he acknowledged it was not a realistic scenario.

Holmgren is said to like Florida QB Tim Tebow , and has already invited him to visit the team.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/v...;pageContainer

He wont fall to us at 4. Our only chance is to trade up to get him.

Seems that way. Even if the Rams don't pick him I have to believe the Browns are going to go hard after him considering they basically sent their whole FO to see him, their QB moves this off-season and Holmgren going on record as not being high on Clausen. I doubt that is all smoke and mirrors by Cleveland.

No, Allen has full autonomy and I don't think Daniel would get involved. Slick talking Bruce would tell Snyder to chill out in diplomatic way if Daniel Snyder opened his mouth.

If Shanahan wants Bradford and can trade up to #1 to get him, then the Skins will draft and sign Bradford to a deal with at least $45 million in guaranteed money. Shanahan has the power here, not Allen, and Snyder has the checkbook to write a big enough check to sign Bradford.

Seems that way. Even if the Rams don't pick him I have to believe the Browns are going to go hard after him considering they basically sent their whole FO to see him, their QB moves this off-season and Holmgren going on record as not being high on Clausen. I doubt that is all smoke and mirrors by Cleveland.

I wouldn't take Holmgren's word on Clausen at all.

If he really didn't think much of him, it would be smarter for the Browns to hype up Clausen and pray that he gets picked before #7 so one of the other players falls to him. What better way to keep the price low for the #2 pick by saying Clausen's not worth it.

Maybe they are actually going to trade up for a good player rather than trading down in exchange for bad players like they have in the past.

:ols: That's pretty much what I was thinking. Last year they traded back like three times and got absolutely nothing in the draft, yet everyone was raving about it.

If Holmgren wants Bradford, there is absolutely nothing we can do to stand in his way. They have enough picks to double whatever value we could offer.

If we pull a Ditka, I'll be pissed. That's the dumbest move you could possibly make, look how it turned out for Ditka.

Anyway, I'm kind of resigned to the fact that we won't end up with Bradford. Did anyone else notice that Shanahan was not at the workout, apparently. They say Allen was there, but not Shanahan, which is weird because he said he was going to evaluate 4 or 5 QBs personally. Just thought that was interesting, didn't see Bradford, but took the time to go see Tebow (uh, :().

This is going to be really interesting, I can see some people in here, regardless of who we take, being very very angry.

It's interesting that Mike Singletary was there considering that the 49ers have the 13th and 17th picks. I would rather have those picks than the #4. But, it doesn't look good that Bradford will be there at #4, especially considering that Pete Carroll's Seattle has the #6 and #14 picks to trade-up to get him.

It still is a question. He didn't injure his shoulder by throwing the ball. He injured it by getting tackled and falling on it (by a safety, if I remember correctly, not a 300 lb DT). The fact that he can actually throw is great, but that doesn't tell you what would happen if a 270 lb NFL DE leveled him and he fell on it. Which WILL happen, because no way in hell is he going to have the same level of protection wherever he goes in the NFL as he did through his two full years starting at OU.

Also, that wasn't and isn't the only question about him. Spread offense, not having to make many defensive reads at the LOS, having amazing protection during the two years he started. Even if his shoulder does hold up to an NFL pounding, those are still legit questions, especially if a team is thinking of starting him right away.

Actually, the first time he injured it a 234 lb linebacker hit him. And it's not all about weight. Ryan Clark hits pretty hard. It's also about how you hit the ground etc. It was a separation of a ligament, That can happen to a person tripping off a curb. I'm tired of hearing about how he won't be able to take any more hits for the rest of his career. It wasn't the first time he got hit, and it won't be the last.

Did anyone else notice that Shanahan was not at the workout, apparently. They say Allen was there, but not Shanahan, which is weird because he said he was going to evaluate 4 or 5 QBs personally. Just thought that was interesting, didn't see Bradford, but took the time to go see Tebow (uh, :().

Bradford is going to come in for a personal workout. So, he will get a chance to evaluate him personally.

:ols: That's pretty much what I was thinking. Last year they traded back like three times and got absolutely nothing in the draft, yet everyone was raving about it.

If Holmgren wants Bradford, there is absolutely nothing we can do to stand in his way. They have enough picks to double whatever value we could offer.

If we pull a Ditka, I'll be pissed. That's the dumbest move you could possibly make, look how it turned out for Ditka.

Anyway, I'm kind of resigned to the fact that we won't end up with Bradford. Did anyone else notice that Shanahan was not at the workout, apparently. They say Allen was there, but not Shanahan, which is weird because he said he was going to evaluate 4 or 5 QBs personally. Just thought that was interesting, didn't see Bradford, but took the time to go see Tebow (uh, :().

This is going to be really interesting, I can see some people in here, regardless of who we take, being very very angry.

Tebow was already in Fla where the owners meeting are being held so that was a no biggie. And like many have posted earlier in the thread Bradford has a private workout with us April 15th so both Shanny's will see him up close.

If Shanahan wants Bradford and can trade up to #1 to get him, then the Skins will draft and sign Bradford to a deal with at least $45 million in guaranteed money. Shanahan has the power here, not Allen, and Snyder has the checkbook to write a big enough check to sign Bradford.

Your chain of command is not correct. GM makes the picks on draft day. Why would the Skins give away the family store for one item. The guy has not been tested wearing the attire and being chased by some of the big and ugliest people on earth.

And like many have posted earlier in the thread Bradford has a private workout with us April 15th so both Shanny's will see him up close.

Tebow has a private workout schedule with the Skins too. It just seems kind of strange to me that Shanahan would miss the first workout Bradford is having, when all the other HCs were there, if Bradford is THE guy Shanahan wants. Doesn't sound right to me is all.

Seriously doubt Brucie moves up to #1...he seems a tad frugal. "if" Bradford is that "can't miss" franchise QB, then it would be worth it, "if". We still have many holes, and wouldn't be able to sufficiently protect him and his shoulder, so then you'd be drafting a guy that will have zero impact on this season.(ride the bench for a year or two)

Your chain of command is not correct. GM makes the picks on draft day. Why would the Skins give away the family store for one item. The guy has not been tested wearing the attire and being chased by some of the big and ugliest people on earth.

You're both correct ( sort of ). Allen will make the picks on draft day, but Shanahan has the final say on roster decisions, but according to Shanny, it won't come to that, and that they'll work together as a team.

Archived