Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

soonersports.com: BRADFORD SHINES IN WORKOUT

TK

im just saying, if bradford ends up being bad, that team is destroyed. theyll have a dead offense with an aging Sjax, and no defense at all. theyll switch coaches, blow it all up again, and continue losing.

im assuming thats not what the new owner wants.

Aren't they even worse off, though, if our 28-year old QB, 27-year old CB, and 32-year old DE don't pan out?

At least drafting a franchise QB buys them a few years to see if he succeeds.

Of course not

But he also doesn't want an average 28 year old QB, an above average no hands corner, and a 31 year old DE

well you know where i stand on campbell, but rogers and carter immediately help that D. both are good players, especially carter and id never advocate getting rid of him if we werent switching to a 3-4.

they need massive amounts of help on both sides of the ball.

Aren't they even worse off, though, if our 28-year old QB, 27-year old CB, and 32-year old DE don't pan out?

At least drafting a franchise QB buys them a few years to see if he succeeds.

carter and rogers are good. at least i think so. campbell would do much better in an offense like theirs where the QB is asked to hand off and play ball control.

thats another thing. bradford is gonna go from a spread offense in college where he threw all day, to a heavy hand off offense. unless shurmur has been wanting to run some WCO thing like philly did and he couldnt before, but who knows.

i think bradford is their pick, but my point is i think its riskier for them to pick bradford than us. if he busts for us, we still have a very talented defense to lean on, and now a proven coach with good coordinators, and some other talent on offense at TE/WR.

the rams literally have nothing outside of Sjax. if they bust on bradford, theyll be losing 14 games for the next 3 seasons and i dont think they can afford to do that. unless they can somehow shore up that defense in a major hurry, their entire franchise will hinge on bradford.

and do you think this owner will allow spags to keep losing 12-14 games a season? then you have the culture shift for a new coach who wants "his guys", etc brought in.

on top of all that, spags is a D guy and mccoy and suh are considered the best DTs coming out in forever.

But, for either team, Bradford won't play right away. We are talking about the likelihood of the Rams passing on Bradford at #1.

I hope they draft him and leave us with the Suh dilemma. Should we take Suh or trade down. There's the possibility we could reap lots of picks by trading back.

The Charles Davis mock is beginning to grow some legs.

well you know where i stand on campbell, but rogers and carter immediately help that D. both are good players, especially carter and id never advocate getting rid of him if we werent switching to a 3-4.

they need massive amounts of help on both sides of the ball.

And they're only moving down 3 spots. They're assured that they'll get Okung or one of the two DTs.

That's a pretty big talent infusion for them to make them immediately competitive. Especially in a mediocre NFC West. Where Campbell becomes what I consider to be the best QB in that division over Hasselbeck, Leinart, and Smith.

The Browns will make the rams a Offer to get Bradford!

Holmgren says Browns will draft a QB

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Browns president Mike Holmgren has decided to draft a quarterback in the 2010 NFL Draft, and annouced his intentions publicly at the Annual Meeting on Sunday.

While the Browns have been busy overhauling that position recently -- sending Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson packing, while acquiring Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace -- Holmgren says the draft is a chance to find their potential leader of the future and get him into the system early.

"It's just something we have to do," Holmgren said as quoted by the Plain Dealer . "Why wait? I'm 61. I don't want to wait for anyone. We're going to have to do this."

"I think Jake will make us better right away. But we have to find the next guy. That's what we have to do."

Holmgren noted that the Browns have needs in many areas, so it would be difficult to justify using one of the Browns' first two picks on a QB unless there was a particularly attractive prospect up for grabs. He's not fond of Jimmy Clausen ("I wish I liked him more"), and while he didn't rule out trading up in an attempt to land Sam Bradford , he acknowledged it was not a realistic scenario.

Holmgren is said to like Florida QB Tim Tebow , and has already invited him to visit the team.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/10714917?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

But, for either team, Bradford won't play right away. We are talking about the likelihood of the Rams passing on Bradford at #1.

I hope they draft him and leave us with the Suh dilemma. Should we take Suh or trade down. There's the possibility we could reap lots of picks by trading back.

The Charles Davis mock is beginning to grow some legs.

bradford will start for them from day one. mark that down. thats not even a question. there will be no learning curve with him, theyll definitely do a manning/ryan throw to the wolves deal with him.

at this point i dont think suh gives us any leverage whatsoever. no team thinks were seriously going to take a d tackle, so any team would know he'd fall past us.

its QB or bust at this point.

And they're only moving down 3 spots. They're assured that they'll get Okung or one of the two DTs.

That's a pretty big talent infusion for them to make them immediately competitive. Especially in a mediocre NFC West. Where Campbell becomes what I consider to be the best QB in that division over Hasselbeck, Leinart, and Smith.

wouldnt go that far, but he wont have a lot of responsibilities, he'll literally hand off to jackson a lot, and throw dump offs and hope to win by only scoring 17.

Last year, the "ABC Club" (Anybody But Campbell) would have had the Skins trade two first round picks for Cutler. We all saw how that would have worked out. This year, I hear the same craziness, castrating the team to get Bradford. Of all the QB's out there in this year's draft, he's the only QB that impresses as a #4 pick. Still, if he falls to us at #4, it's just a mistake to take him. But if the Skins spend draft picks or personnel to get him, it's just stupid.

I note that Cleveland had the most people there to see Bradford. If Bradford's still there at #4 and Shanny decides to go OL instead of QB, anyone think Cleveland would be interested enough to give us their #7 and their #38 for our #4? Or their #7 and their 2011 first round pick?

i just think their fans are tired of seeing that team lose and have no direction at all. that team needs a massive overhaul.

That's why the Bradford pick is the new starting point for them. If they take him, crossing my fingers, then that gives us a scenario close to the Mike Ditka fiasco. Somebody will bite, hopefully the Chiefs.

I think Bradford is a good pick for the Rams. I don't see how we can replace Samuels unless we draft a stud LT. It could be Okung, Williams or "short arm" Bulaga, but we need a LT.

bradford will start for them from day one. mark that down. thats not even a question. there will be no learning curve with him, theyll definitely do a manning/ryan throw to the wolves deal with him.

at this point i dont think suh gives us any leverage whatsoever. no team thinks were seriously going to take a d tackle, so any team would know he'd fall past us.

its QB or bust at this point.

I don't think Bradford would start right away. Remember, Martz left some time ago.

Suh does hold some trade down value. But, how far down do we go.

wouldnt go that far, but he wont have a lot of responsibilities, he'll literally hand off to jackson a lot, and throw dump offs and hope to win by only scoring 17.

Campbell easily had the best stats out of all of them last year. He's better than Smith, Hasselbeck (at this point in his career), and Leinart.

Hell, even Campbell's YPA was closer to Warner's (7.1 to 7.3) than it was to those others (6.3, 6.2, 5.9).

He would be the best QB in the NFC West.

And you think Bruce Allen is going to pay in that ballpark too? Pass the kool aide.

Allen won't, but Snyder sure as hell will pay $45 million for Bradford. However, the real question is will Shanahan and Allen give up the ammo needed to trade with St. Louis and move up to the #1 pick?

Well, if you want to convince to the Rams to pass on Bradford then someone should send them links to old articles about Alex Smith's Pro day. One scout called it the best work out since Troy Aikman.

Yeah, Smith really wowed scouts with his workout, actually. That was one of the main reasons they took him and Rodgers dropped. Pro Days are nice, but they only tell you so much. Sort of like a 40 yard dash. Making a bunch of scripted throws in shorts to guys you've been practicing those throws with for who knows how long. Not saying it is useless at all, but I think game tape, etc, is much more important.

One of the main concerns about Smith was him...wait for it...operating out of the shotgun so much in a spread system and his ability to grasp an NFL offense. Two things apparently decided it for the 49ers. First was his wonderlic score, which was 40. So apparently he "must" be smart enough to jump right into an NFL offense. Second was the fact that he seemed ok operating from under center during his pro day. Yeah. Didn't seem to work out too well.

I'm not saying Bradford is necessarily the next Alex Smith. But it does make you stop and think a bit.

**translation: his shoulder is fine....Ok go get 'em Shanny!!

According to NFL.com he only threw 63 of which 50 of them scripted:

"Bradford threw 63 passes under the spotlight of NFL talent evaluators Monday, his first public workout with his surgically repaired right shoulder. Bradford began with 13 stationary throws before moving on to the scripted 50-pass portion of the workout. According to Shea, one ball hit the ground."

Last year, the "ABC Club" (Anybody But Campbell) would have had the Skins trade two first round picks for Cutler. We all saw how that would have worked out. This year, I hear the same craziness, castrating the team to get Bradford. Of all the QB's out there in this year's draft, he's the only QB that impresses as a #4 pick. Still, if he falls to us at #4, it's just a mistake to take him. But if the Skins spend draft picks or personnel to get him, it's just stupid.

The problem with that is that there were some very big and some very legitimate concerns about Cutler that proved out. The media got caught up in his big arm and his stats that were overinflated by his great supporting cast (seriously, any offensive line that can get street free agents to around 5 ypc is nuts).

I'm personally convinced that Bradford is the best QB prospect since the 2004 draft of Eli/Rivers/Big Ben. If you don't have a franchise QB and one comes around you MUST take him. I think that's a pretty clear statement that most would agree with.

Where some will disagree is whether Bradford is a franchise QB. I think he is. I also thought there were no franchise QBs last year (thought Stafford was good, not great, since he had too many accuracy issues in college, thought Sanchez was a project).

But Bradford is the kind of franchise talent every team dreams of having at QB.

Most hype of a Proday since Jamarcus Russell

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=2798826

People are going bonkers over this workout. It's just pro day. If the NFL was flag football w/ no rush then ok. Nothing against Bradford in any way, but this means he can still throw the ball. His pro day shouldn't improve his stock for anyone. Just confirm what was already known. He's very accurate, adequate arm strength, and must work on footwork.

Allen won't, but Snyder sure as hell will pay $45 million for Bradford. However, the real question is will Shanahan and Allen give up the ammo needed to trade with St. Louis and move up to the #1 pick?

No, Allen has full autonomy and I don't think Daniel would get involved. Slick talking Bruce would tell Snyder to chill out in diplomatic way if Daniel Snyder opened his mouth.

Archived