Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

soonersports.com: BRADFORD SHINES IN WORKOUT

TK

I thought the deal with the Pakistani fell through

Illinois businessman Khan agrees to buy Rams, pending approval

Associated Press

ST. LOUIS -- Rumors that the St. Louis Rams were being sold have been rampant the past couple of years, raising concerns that the franchise would end its recent sad-sack run with a move out of town.

The Rams announced Thursday that its majority owners have indeed agreed to sell their stake, but to a potential buyer within driving distance -- and one who doesn't want to relocate the once-proud franchise.

If approved by a 75 percent vote of NFL owners, Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez, the children of the late Rams owner Georgia Frontiere, will sell their 60 percent stake to Shahid Khan, the 55-year-old president of an auto parts manufacturer, Flex-N-Gate, in Urbana, Ill.

"Today is a tremendously exciting day, I think, for the organization," said Kevin Demoff, the Rams' executive vice president of football operations and chief operating officer. "Whether or not the sale to a prospective buyer goes through, I think it reaffirms to everybody the commitment this club has to St. Louis and our belief in this marketplace."

Demoff said he wasn't aware whether an agreement had been submitted to the NFL. He said the sale could be completed as early as May.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8165894f&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

B/c they have many other needs as well.

So if they can turn an A+ QB prospect into a known C+ QB, a DE that they need, and a CB that they need, as well as an OT (4th pick), they are solving a lot of problems.

Especially since they are coached by a defense first, ball management coach.

Stop, before you hyperventilate. The Rams can do whatever they want with the pick. Their need is QB just like ours. But LT is a greater need for us.

But the big question is if the Rams will go defense with their #1 pick.

Realistically, that's our best hope. Spags really needs to convince them to take Suh with the 1st. But after today being what I thought it would be, that's going to be extremely tough to do.:(

I don't know if its wishful thinking, but a Suh-McNabb combo sounds like a better scenario for the Rams than Bradford and whoever is at #33.

Stop, before you hyperventilate. The Rams can do whatever they want with the pick. Their need is QB just like ours. But LT is a greater need for us.

i think bradford is their pick, but my point is i think its riskier for them to pick bradford than us. if he busts for us, we still have a very talented defense to lean on, and now a proven coach with good coordinators, and some other talent on offense at TE/WR.

the rams literally have nothing outside of Sjax. if they bust on bradford, theyll be losing 14 games for the next 3 seasons and i dont think they can afford to do that. unless they can somehow shore up that defense in a major hurry, their entire franchise will hinge on bradford.

and do you think this owner will allow spags to keep losing 12-14 games a season? then you have the culture shift for a new coach who wants "his guys", etc brought in.

on top of all that, spags is a D guy and mccoy and suh are considered the best DTs coming out in forever.

Even if the Rams don't select him #1, there's no way Bradford falls to us at #4. Some other team will definitely package a deal to move up to #2 or #3 to pick up Bradford. Everyone knows the 'Skins want him at #4 so if any other team wants Bradford, they know what to do.

The Redskins will have to move up to secure Bradford...the only question is, how much? It's clear that the Lions could drop from #2 to #4 and still grab Okung. Even if the Lions stay pat @ #2 and select Okung, Tampa Bay can drop down to #6 and still secure one of the elite defensive tackles. The draft would go like this:

Rams - Suh

Lions - Okung

Seattle - Bradford

Skins - Clausen? other o-lineman?

KC - o-lineman (no need for another d-lineman)

TB - McCoy

The way I see it, if the Rams don't select Bradford with the top pick, the 'Skins will have to jump up to grab Bradford. He won't be there at #4, book it!

The best way to generate interest in St. Louis is to bring in a potential franchise QB. That's the quickest/easiest answer. It might not work out, but that's something to worry about down the road...not this April.

We can come up with 1 million directions that the Rams could go. But nothing is sexier to the fans than Bradford. Somehow a package of Campbell, Rogers, Carter, and Suh/Okung isn't going to have the sizzle of a franchise QB/face of the franchise.

Yes, the Rams can do whatever they want with the pick. Nothing wrong with spit balling trade ideas, but I appreciate the condescension.

lol, i think i talked about this 2 or 3 weeks ago.

id be perfectly fine with that trade. doubtful it happens.

That's a little too much value to be trading up to #1. I'm also not a fan of dumping Rogers, I think he'll do better with an actual DC that will use corners to their strengths.

I like Carter, and he had a fantastic year last year, along with having two pretty good years before that. But if we had to deal him to get Bradford, I'd be hesitant but ultimately OK with it.

I like Carter, and he had a fantastic year last year, along with having two pretty good years before that. But if we had to deal him to get Bradford, I'd be hesitant but ultimately OK with it.

Really? You'd be hesitant about dealing a 31-year old 4-3 end to get a 22-year old potential franchise QB?

I'm not trying to be mean, but why?

only if hes good. a team that has won 5 games over the past 3 seasons needs to start selling some tickets.

The Rams can always turn a negative into a positive. Bradford would love playing to the dome crowd. They will rejuvenate their box office.

Watch out for Cleveland! All the talk about us trading up just doesn't hold water when you look at what the Walrus has to offer. We're talking 12 picks here folks, including 5 picks in the top 92.

If Holmgrem wants a QB, and it seems pretty obvious he does (largest staff at the pro day), he has WAY more trade ammunition than Bruce.

That's a little too much value to be trading up to #1. I'm also not a fan of dumping Rogers, I think he'll do better with an actual DC that will use corners to their strengths.

unless rogers plays lights out, he'll be gone after this year.

carter doesnt fit our scheme.

jason campbell is....yeah.

these are 3 expendable guys that could benefit from a change of scenery and be 3 big upgrades to a struggling team that needs to start at least competing.

these are 3 expendable guys that could benefit from a change of scenery and be 3 big upgrades to a struggling team that needs to start at least competing.

That's the nicest thing you've ever said about JC. Nice job!

There is no way the Rams give up Sam Bradford for that. Even if it gets them to 8-8.

If the Rams want him, we'll have to pull a Ditka to get Bradford, or else there isn't any hope barring the Pakistani being super cheap (and hey, some of us Pakistani's can be real cheap :) )

There is no way the Rams give up Sam Bradford for that. Even if it gets them to 8-8.

If the Rams want him, we'll have to pull a Ditka to get Bradford, or else there isn't any hope barring the Pakistani being super cheap (and hey, some of us Pakistani's can be real cheap :) )

im just saying, if bradford ends up being bad, that team is destroyed. theyll have a dead offense with an aging Sjax, and no defense at all. theyll switch coaches, blow it all up again, and continue losing.

im assuming thats not what the new owner wants.

Agreed completely. The Rams are going to want picks and more picks for the #1. No way they do any deal for a bunch of spare parts that have little value around the league. Also, I seriously doubt the Rams are going to be scared of selecting a QB on the basis of potential bust factor. There's little doubt in my mind they will make the pick after today's workout. The only lingering hope from a Redskins perspective is for the Rams to do a Donovan acquisition and then trade out of #1.

im just saying, if bradford ends up being bad, that team is destroyed. theyll have a dead offense with an aging Sjax, and no defense at all. theyll switch coaches, blow it all up again, and continue losing.

im assuming thats not what the new owner wants.

Of course not

But he also doesn't want an average 28 year old QB, an above average no hands corner, and a 31 year old DE

Archived