Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES: Haynesworth sends a clear message

themurf

I don't blame AH. He was paid to be the best DT in a 4-3 defense and this is VOLUNTARY.

He is working out with a guy who helped him rack up probowl stats in his contract year.

If regular season begins and he is out of shape then thats a totally different story.

but it was pointed out earlier in this thread that he was, in fact, working with his personal trainers last year- not the redskins trainers, like he said he was doing (and on whom he blamed his conditioning). now, you may be technically correct in that he is working with the same trainer he worked with a couple off years ago as opposed to last years trainers. but i'm skeptical of someone who

1) seems to not remember who he trained with last year and

2) a guy who says he wasnt in his best shape last year during zorns lackadaisical training camp, but when a disciplinarian like shanny comes in, the weight room is re-done, and by all accounts, the conditioning program is more intense and organized and yet, haynesworth now says he wants his own trainers.

very strange to me.

but there is a ME in team and an I in WIN.

ppl shud just stop ****ing about what haynesworth does. hes getting paid and why should you expect him to do anything when he is guaranteed more than enough money.

hes a beast and leave it at that. who cares if he doesnt have team chemistry. if he just shows up in game and do what he does our def will be fine. besides its OFFSEASON and VOLUNTARY...

if you were getting 100 mill would you listen to anything anyone has to say to you? id say nothin and just show them my bank account. so shut up about him doin what he wants. hes always been like that since he entered nfl.. why do u expect him to change for this "great" HC...

I'm glad you're not my teammate.

I do not agree with Big Al skipping the team workouts, even if they are voluntary. On the flip side of that though, if he can get back to the form he was in during the 07-08 season, that will be good for the team. With that said though, he should have figured out a way to make it so he can work out with his people and the team people so he can have the best of both worlds.

This is a team sport and building team chemistry is so important, especially with a new head coach that has different expectations than the last. As long as Haynesworth comes into camp in shape, has a good attitude and is performing well, we will all forget that he didn't train with the team...at least I hope so!

Spoken like a true 21 year old.

:whew:

Glad I've passed that age!

Seriously though, I don't excuse any of the not being at training camp (especially when you have a new coach) nonsense. If you think your guys get you in better shape train with them before everything starts up, but get your ass to Ashburn when Shanny wants you there.

I didn't excuse LaRon, or Sean or Shawn or anyone else and I won't excuse Big Al.

I'm pretty sure we have fewer than 5 holdovers on the coaching staff, almost every single person is a new face. You need to know your position coach, your coordinator and your head coach and you need to know them well. Big Al can't really learn our defensive scheme when he's down in Tennessee.

It's up to Haynesworth now. He's got what he wanted, he knows what's expected of him, so if he turns up out of shape again there can be no excuse this time. Furthemore, it tells everyone exactly what sort of a man, player and team-mate he is.

I hope he surprises me, but I still expect to see Albert lying face down like a beached whale next season, too tired and fat to get up. I also fully expect this coming season to be his last one with us.

I blame Blache and his stupid defense schemes / plans and whatever the hell else he thought would work.

I do agree though, Haynesworth needs to be here. However if he last on the field all game and dominates every game (which most likely isn't going to happen), but if it does, I'll let him pass on this.

• 2 weeks later...

If he doesn't understand that cohesion starts with the head coach then he needs to go. Pay him what we owe although it might sting. I am not Dan Snyder, but as a fan I've suffered increases . There is a new sheriff in town and if you can't respect that, you can go.

It's funny everyone expects the players to be so loyal to the team and coaches, but the same people drop the "It's just business" line when the team exploits the players. Haynesworth is looking out for himself, and what he thinks is in his best interest. It's still just business, isn't it?

Murf, I agree with you 100%. Haynesworth was a fat pile of ****, sweating cheeseburgers, rolling on the ground like a wounded soccer player in the world cup after someone bumped into him only to get up a few minutes later like nothing happened and keep playing. Forget that. He lied in this article. He said that he worked out with the Redskins last year and that was obviously false.

It's funny everyone expects the players to be so loyal to the team and coaches, but the same people drop the "It's just business" line when the team exploits the players. Haynesworth is looking out for himself, and what he thinks is in his best interest. It's still just business, isn't it?

Some of the tripe that you fat Albert lovers spew is so friggin ridiculous.

Some of the tripe that you fat Albert lovers spew is so friggin ridiculous.

Yeah its okay for other players to get the shaft or be disrespected because its business and in the best interest of the organization to string the players along but when a player has the power to choose what team they want to play for or exercise what limited rights they do have its friggin ridiculous.

The workouts are voluntary.

Before he came here he let it be known that he came here not just for the money but to also not be a NT in a 3-4.

If he shows up in shape for the mandatory camp and other meetings this thread is done, unless he refuses to play NT and demands a trade.

Yeah its okay for other players to get the shaft or be disrespected because its business and in the best interest of the organization to string the players along but when a player has the power to choose what team they want to play for or exercise what limited rights they do have its friggin ridiculous.

The workouts are voluntary.

Before he came here he let it be known that he came here not just for the money but to also not be a NT in a 3-4.

If he shows up in shape for the mandatory camp and other meetings this thread is done, unless he refuses to play NT and demands a trade.

I have said that all along, when we courted him, he chose the skins in large part because he was assured he would NOT be used as a blockabsorbing space eater, he was told we run a 4-3 attacking defence where he would be used correctly.

all the albert haters are pissy because he got paid , well heres the thing he has earned his money and I think if used right, will continue to do so.

Bottom line is the guy helped improve our line. While he may not have gotten any sacks, he certainly helped create match ups for Carter and Orakpo to benefit. While I would like to see Haynesworth here, Shanahan should allow him this once to see if he shows up in shape. If he doesn't then they should move on, but the guy is a force and it is too bad that this situation has reached this pitch.

Archived