Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES: Haynesworth sends a clear message

themurf

So yeah, the team thought enough of me to offer me a job and I turned it down. Kind of ruins your "he aspires to be the next so and so" argument, doesn't it?

Good for you .. Seriously I have to say that your writing is almost indistinguishable from Peter King JLC and Nunnio when he was the beat reporter . and that is not in anyway meant to be an insult but a compliment in the way that their organizations thought very highly of them . I think if you wanted to do this full time you really could .

I do not doubt that you turned the official blog position down but I am not 100% convinced that your decision would not be influenced by the fact there seems to be a degree of editorial control by the Redskins organization .

The problem I have with people commenting on the Haynesworth issue is it is half a story . All we really have is commentators putting two and two together and coming up with 5 . What it upsetting is that the Fans are quick to think the worst and if you do talk with people at the park they must tell you they have eyes and they have ears and what fans say does make a difference ....

Last time I heard from Andre Carter he was still rehabbing from his bicep tear (or whatever the injury was). He might not have medical clearance to return fully to action. I can check in with him and see what his story is, but I'd be very hesitant to rush to judgment on a guy who carries himself in a completely different manner than Haynesworth. Carter is a classy guy who has already gone on record with me this year saying that if he's still here, he wants to be a more vocal leader. That wouldn't really mesh with a guy blowing off workouts just for the heck of it.

So you have spoken to Albert as well... you know he is blowing the workouts just for the heck of it ?

I do not doubt that you turned the official blog position down but I am not 100% convinced that your decision would not be influenced by the fact there seems to be a degree of editorial control by the Redskins organization.

When I talked to the team initially, they assured me that they weren't interested in walking down the hall to sensor their team blogger. I've also maintained a solid relationship with Matt Terl, who has assured me that no one has ever stood over his shoulder and demanded to see his content before he posts it. People's perception and reality differ drastically in this case, and I have no doubt I could work there and continue to write non-puff pieces. I've been posting content on the team's official message board for more than five years now. It's out there for anyone and everyone to see. If they had an issue with me or what I wrote, I'd have been gone a long time ago.

So you have spoken to Albert as well... you know he is blowing the workouts just for the heck of it ?

Nope. But he was kind enough to go on the radio and tell us all about his plan to do his own thing in spite of his new head coach's request. Kind of takes the guess work out of it, you know.

Why did he leave out that he also worked out with his private trainer last offseason? Yet he was still out of shape.

This is part of the reason why I don't see him here past 2012.

Big Al did not work out with his own trainer first year with Redskins. He was at redskins park the whole offseason.

Big Al did not work out with his own trainer first year with Redskins. He was at redskins park the whole offseason.

Actually, he did both. He worked out at the Park with his teammates and did time with his personal trainer.

But wasn't the personal trainer Elite Sports management which was endorsed by the team rather than the same group he is with now who are of his own selection .

I also want to point out all this dumping on Haynesworh has come about because he ( and a bunch of other people) missed out on some team workouts . Not OTAs not voulentry work outs but just team conditioning . I am not sure how much team building can be done in 2 hours a day over 4 days .

The thing that worries me is we have been down this autheritarian route before where players were closly monitored over the offseason in 2006 and that was the worst TEAM put out on the field in recent history ...

And people trying to equate this to Plumber . I think the writting is on the wall when you are a QB and the HC moves up in the first round to select a new QB . He is going to be a starter sooner or later.

The fact Plumber had taken the Broncos to a 13-3 (something Culter never came close to) season the year before ment nothing nor did him skipping OTAs have any real impact... it is football ecconomics .

Nope. But he was kind enough to go on the radio and tell us all about his plan to do his own thing in spite of his new head coach's request. Kind of takes the guess work out of it, you know.

If i remember correctly in that radio interview he also said he had made arrangements prior to the Redskins HC being appointed . Had he simply wanted to blow the skins new head honcho off he would have not been there on day 1 .

Regardless of what posters think he would have got his money no matter what - thats what contracts are for .

But Haynesworth did turn up, he showed his support and if Shanahanan is going to hold it against him he is not really that great in managing players IMO . It is not like he took off in the middle of the playoffs to spend a week with his BFF and current squeeze in mexico ....

“My thing is, they pay me to play football,” Haynesworth said. “As long as I’m dominating and being that great player, then that’s all that matters. No matter how I get there, as long as they want me doing that, then that’s what matters.”

Yeah, how'd that work out for u last year u fat u know what!! :doh:

Carter had an operation so that he would be ready for the season.

Did you ever have a job and had to work on Saturday when your wife had other plans?

Quess Fat Albert has not.

Archived