Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins/Allen 7 p.m. Press Conference Thread (M.E.T.)

kiingspadee

Oh no, this isn't good, put the open checkbook down Bruce.

Nothing wrong with having big pockets.

There IS something wrong with having big pockets and being named Vinny Cerrato.

We can't TRULY move on from the past regime until we as fans and an organization are not afraid of free agency anymore. Have faith until we have no reason to have faith!

I think if they had asked him if he liked brocholi or asparagus, he would have said "I have a plan when it comes to vegetables and will stick to that plan".

See you don't ask a question that ends with either a yes or a no.

You instead ask him: How are you planing on building an offense line in one year.

I think the most interesting thing is that he said he hoped to receive a few calls tonight as well. Hopefully meaning teams interested in trading for some of these tendered players will be calling.

I think that will be the biggest wild card of this offseason, the wheeling and dealing and trades that might happen.

i'm surprised he could keep a straight face when he said he could rebuild the o-line in 1 year :laugh:

depends on what you mean by rebuild? Build a line that'll be ogether 10 years? Not likely. But draft two guys and sign a couple guys who've only got two or three years left and bam, rebuilt O-Line.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I think if they had asked him if he liked brocholi or asparagus, he would have said "I have a plan when it comes to vegetables and will stick to that plan".

:ols::ols:

That is exactly what would have happened.

Man i really like this guy, he is one cool customer. The funny thing is the press actually thinks we want him to answer all these questions honestly, when we DON'T!!

I like when they keep their secrets and don't tip their hands. I want this operation run like a special forces unit, not like some sloppy gov't agency. Sure looks like Allen is the man to do it. We'll see.

Tonight should be really fun.:point2sky

Building a team through free agency in the past has not worked, if they start couging up draft picks, how is this situation any different from the past?

George Allen knew how to make trades. Vinnie didn't. Bruce probably does. That is different. We'll see.

Building a team through free agency in the past has not worked, if they start couging up draft picks, how is this situation any different from the past?

Seems like Randy Moss was a nice pickup for New England.

Seems Wes Welker was a nice pickup for New England.

Seems Drew Brees was a nice pickup for New Orleans.

Seems Shockey was a nice pickup for New Orleans.

Seems Etc Etc Etc and ad infinitum

Seems like Randy Moss was a nice pickup for New England.

Seems Wes Welker was a nice pickup for New England.

Seems Drew Brees was a nice pickup for New Orleans.

Seems Shockey was a nice pickup for New Orleans.

Seems Etc Etc Etc and ad infinitum

Also I just saw this posted on another board.

The Rams in 2001 were 2 years removed from The Greatest Show on Turf and how THREE 1st round draft picks, with a 2nd rounder at #42 overall.

They proceeded to draft :

Pick 12 Damione Lewis DT

Pick 20 Adam Archuleta S

Pick 29 Ryan Pickett DT

Pick 42 Tommy Polley LB (Round 2)

I'll go ahead and apologize for mentioning Archulleta.

But the point remains, and despite Bruce doing some sidestepping, he put it plainly. There are good players you can acquire through free agency, the draft, and trades, and they are interested in doing all three. Nothing wrong with that. If you are scared of one aspect, you're setting yourself up to fail. You can't say "We can't do free agency because it never works!", then you probably shouldn't be a GM.

Archived