Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins/Allen 7 p.m. Press Conference Thread (M.E.T.)

kiingspadee

"The players we have tendered because we can see them in our gameplan for 2010 and beyond."

Someone asking about why they didn't bump up JC's tender.

"Well we thought all of the tenders were appropriate for the player. What went into the decision was a lot of debate, a lot of review for our team and what we felt about the player. And I can't speculate on the other team and what they're gonna do and evaluate our talent."

When asked about Carlos not being happy with his tender :

"Well, I would imagine if we read the papers tomorrow, or the blogs, or listen to the television, we're gonna see players across the league that have issues with the current system. I look at that as just the nature of the world we're living in right now, and I don't consider that a problem."

Is there anything he can say about taking advantage of the uncapped year :

"Unless there's an agreement within the next few hours, there's no salary cap. We've made a gameplan for either one, and we're executing the gameplan as if there is not going to be a cap."

What can he tell us about Rocky McIntosh and his role?

"We haven't declared what our front is by the way, but Rocky does fit into our team and that's why we tendered him. We think he's a great football player who has a bright future."

About Portis not returning if he wasn't guaranteed money :

"Well I think I would go with the coach's statement on that. Coach Shanahan, Coach Turner had a great relationship and great success with Clinton Portis, and right now he's our starting running back and that's what our plans are."

BA: Giving the players cut the opportunity to have some earning power. If they sign with another team we will be happy with them.

BA: The system right now allows to put restrictive tenders on players. We can see them in our game plan in 2010 and beyond - when asked about JC and Carlos.

BA: We thought all tenders were appropriate and what we think of our talent- when asked about why JC didn't get a 1 and 3rd.

BA: Players will have issue with current system. It is the nature of the world and they don't have a problem with that - when asked about what Carlos has said to the media.

BA: It is a compliments to the organization. - when asked about Skins perception in the media as to being very active in free agency.

BA: Turner and Shanny had great success with Portis and so he is our RB.

Rocky fits into their plans :)

the jackass J Reid asking about Portis only being here because of the $$$ Bruce says that Shanny and Turner have had great success with him before and he is the starting rb:ols: haha ****es!!!!

GET'em Portis:point2sky

Archived