Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins/Allen 7 p.m. Press Conference Thread (M.E.T.)

kiingspadee

i'm surprised he could keep a straight face when he said he could rebuild the o-line in 1 year :laugh:

lets not forget also that you dont need a perfect olinemen in order to have good Oline. the fact that a good QB can make an oline better than what they are will help given that we do find taht QB. this whether you want to believe it or not makes a huge difference in Oline.

But the point remains, and despite Bruce doing some sidestepping, he put it plainly. There are good players you can acquire through free agency, the draft, and trades, and they are interested in doing all three. Nothing wrong with that. If you are scared of one aspect, you're setting yourself up to fail. You can't say "We can't do free agency because it never works!", then you probably shouldn't be a GM.

Well put. Just because we have been burned by FA in the past does not mean we should shy away from it in the present. Especially with an uncapped year to play with. Go get us some great players, guys!

In order to field a competitive team in what many think should be a rebuilding year, you HAVE to take the gamble and sign a few key free agents IN ADDITION to the draft. We simply don't have enough draft picks to fill all our needs. It's THAT simple. And DON'T think we're parting with picks for RFA's, at least not THIS year's picks. I think the majority of guys we pick up in FA just might be short-term solutions.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

LMFAo I was listening to this while reading the messages! LoL feel so good to see so many gone! lol!

I'm probably not going out on a limb here, but Mark my words, Carlos Rogers and Andre Carter will be traded.

Carlos cause he's an idiot and Andre because he doesn't fir the new scheme.

I also think Jason will be trades too, it just might take longer as the draft comes closer.

It's time we get draft picks for our verterans, not the other way around.

BA: There is no financial restriction has been put during free agency by the ownership.

This is the smartest thing to say. Means players we don't want can use us against other teams to drive up the price. And may scare teams away from players we do want.

I'm probably not going out on a limb here, but Mark my words, Carlos Rogers and Andre Carter will be traded.

I also think Jason will be trades too, it just might take longer as the draft comes closer.

I will be sad to see Andre go. Carlos on the other hand, he's got a severe case of, "I think I'm WAY better and WAY more valuable than I am."

It's pathetic. He was offended because he got benched for giving up huge plays to guys because of a simple double move. If you weren't an idiot, and you didn't fall for every double move a WR did, you wouldn't have been benched. I guess that's only hard to understand if you're the moron who keeps jumping routes at the wrong time (and couldn't catch the pass even if it were there).

It's time we get draft picks for our verterans, not the other way around.

Why couldn't Carter play outside linebacker in a 3-4. Sure, he's not a perfect fit, but he could hold us over at that position. I believe he played that very position in San Francisco.

The key is will there be a vet quarterback picked up or not. Now that Collins is gone. This is going to be very interesting.

I would bet they are targeting a vet qb.

And since Rex Grossman played for Kyle Shanahan last year, I would not be surprised to see us grab him.

Why couldn't Carter play outside linebacker in a 3-4. Sure, he's not a perfect fit, but he could hold us over at that position. I believe he played that very position in San Francisco.

Yep, and poorly. So much that he came here because he was NOT going to be used as a 3-4 OLB. He really doenst fit it, which is a shame. We're much better suited for a 4-3 and we're going ot overhaul the Defense. Right when we absolutely MUST overhaul the Offense. It's not going to be pretty.

Archived