Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

KTLA:Fraternity Mocks Black History Month With "Compton Cookout"

Zguy28

I'm sure you would use that statement about someone "acting black" and I'd love to hear what that means from your point of view, no matter how ignorant and narrow minded I know it is. I'm sure you're the same guy who's mister friendly and all chummy with black people and make racists comments about them when you're not around them. They're A LOT of you around. May you grow up one day.

Knowing Rince personally I can definitely say you're WAY off-base with that statement.

1). I think you misread what he was saying.

2) Be very careful with what you're implying there. Matter of fact,I'd recommend you don't.

Thanks, PCS. :cheers:

That's not how a black person acts. That is how a pist off person acts when they feel like their heritage is completely disrespected.

No offense meant. Just pointing out that its a figure of speech thrown around by people on both sides of this argument. Like I said, I can understand why black people would be pissed about this - just think there is also some oversensitiveness going on. Little too much picking on semantics.

Man, whats with all the racial volatility out of nowhere in the Tailgate these past few days? Yeesh

No doubt. Especially when there's more important stuff getting lost in the mix.

That happens every year... It's called a family reunion where I come from. Except we don't eat mayonaise sandwiches, we prefer miracle whip sammiches.

Miracle Whip? Really? :doh:

Until Undercover Brother came out I had no idea that mayo was considered a 'white' food.

is it really?

I was at a gathering the other week (after a funeral) and a black guy I didn't know and I were chatting as we got sandwiches from a buffet table... the guy put about about a full inch thick of mayo on his sandwich (I am NOT exagerating...it was probaly six liquid ounces of mayo). I seriously almost gagged just SEEING it... and I personally have no problem with mayo.

woe, the problems of stereotyping !

is it really?

I was at a gathering the other week (after a funeral) and a black guy I didn't know and I were chatting as we got sandwiches from a buffet table... the guy put about about a full inch thick of mayo on his sandwich (I am NOT exagerating...it was probaly six liquid ounces of mayo). I seriously almost gagged just SEEING it... and I personally have no problem with mayo.

woe, the problems of stereotyping !

Kind of like the joke:

You know how they say black people like fried chicken? Its true. You know who else like fried chicken? EVERYBODY!!!

Man, whats with all the racial volatility out of nowhere in the Tailgate these past few days? Yeesh

It's because there are people on here that act like their race is so dam perfect. Like it's only black people who use broken language, have teen pregnancy, on well-fare, use drugs, drop out of school. They want to put all of those dam stereotypes on us, because of what the white media throws on their tv everyday. Yeah right, their not gonna just put those labels on us. I live in Manassas, I will show you white people who cant put a dam sentence together to save their lives. I will show you teenage white girls with "children" benefitting off of the system. I will show you crack, coke, meth, syrup, and pill heads. Like blacks are the only people who eat watermelon and fried chicken. That's bull ----. Stereotypes are always going to exist, so you cant lose sleep over it. It just get's frustrating. That's why I try not to enter these type of threads.

It's because there are people on here that act like their race is so dam perfect. Like it's only black people who use broken language, have teen pregnancy, on well-fare, use drugs, drop out of school. They want to put all of those dam stereotypes on us, because of what the white media throws on their tv everyday. Yeah right, their not gonna just put those labels on us. I live in Manassas, I will show you white people who cant put a dam sentence together to save their lives. I will show you teenage white girls with "children" benefitting off of the system. I will show you crack, coke, meth, syrup, and pill heads. Like blacks are the only people who eat watermelon and fried chicken. That's bull ----. Stereotypes are always going to exist, so you cant lose sleep over it. It just get's frustrating. That's why I try not to enter these type of threads.

Yah, I get what you're saying, and I understand the sensitivity. At least to the extent someone can empathize.

That said, I do think there's some over-the top sensitivity too.

No, we mock those people! W make fun of them. "If you've ever yelled hoe down and your woman hits the floor, you might be a redneck". That's funny. When Jeff Foxworthy says it, it's funnt. When Chris Rock says it, it's funny.

And I will call those people just as ignorant. The reason the stereotype is associated with black people is because of proportion of these types of people in the black population compared to the white population. Hip hop (or rap if you prefer that distinction) culture makes this kind of stuff seem cool and the cool way to act and be. Its sad when black people that are part of that culture call other blacks that speak intelligently and dress conservatively things like Uncle Tom's. They say that a well speaking black man that has done well for himself has sold out to the white man. But I will definitely agree with you that there are a lot of white people that fit those stereotypes as well and its sad no matter what color their skin is IMO.

Let a bunch of none whites have a White HISTORY month party with all the negative white stereotypes. Everyone poppin pills, doing meth, coke, crack, oxycontin, wearing fake blood acting like they just committed suicide, eating mayonaise sandwiches, 16 year olds dressed like they are pregnant holding hands with "black gangsta guys", wearing trench coats with guns, everybody hair smelling like wet dog, nobody being able to dance to save their life, and so on. That ---- wouldnt so funny.

:ols::ols::ols:

Is that really a stereotype of white people? BTW, that should have been "everybody's hair smelling like wet dog." You're just playing up black stereotypes by leaving off the 's' in plurals, possessives and contractions.

Archived