Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network: Top 5 Picks discussions

hitmandm

The funniest part of that video was JLC talking about Dan Snyder wanting a franchise QB, and then Lombardi kind of putting him in his place by saying Shanahan will be making the pick while Snyder will sit back, nod and go with it.

Yeah I'm getting tired of "experts" referencing Dan Snyder when they discuss the Redskins' decisions. Clearly they are not informed.

The funniest part of that video was JLC talking about Dan Snyder wanting a franchise QB, and then Lombardi kind of putting him in his place by saying Shanahan will be making the pick while Snyder will sit back, nod and go with it.

Agreed, and what will be even funnier will be those who otherwise would say JLC has an axe to grind with this team. Will now agree wholeheartedly with him.

I don't understand why they are referring to Dan still making moves. He's only there to sign the checks. That's why he hired Allen and Shanny to make the football moves and fired Vinny.

But I'm pretty sure MS will make the right moves for the team. Picking in the top 5 can make or break your franchise.

Yeah I'm getting tired of "experts" referencing Dan Snyder when they discuss the Redskins' decisions. Clearly they are not informed.

What do you expect? This franchise was ran like Danny's personal fantasy football team since he took over as owner, with exception of the 4 years Gibbs came back and the free agency spending was still ridiculous.

Jesus Christ!! The media just won't let the Snyder stuff die. It is WELL documented at this point that Snyder doesn't make the football decisions around here anymore. You'd figure that guys like JLC would have gotten the memo by now.:doh:

It's well documented that he SAID he won't be making football decisions. Really with a guy like Snyder, who knows?

Jesus Christ!! The media just won't let the Snyder stuff die. It is WELL documented at this point that Snyder doesn't make the football decisions around here anymore. You'd figure that guys like JLC would have gotten the memo by now.:doh:

I think the two years after Zorn, Danny gave Vinnie the keys to the ship and let him make all personnel decisions and determine his future....he failed and so did his hand picked coach so Vinnie was jettisoned.

Like it has been said many times before, Dan Snyder has been running this team like a fan for years. So, think of all the silly ideas that are posted here everyday and then imagine some of these people having the power to make it happen. That's Snyder! If he were still in control, we'd be selecting QB, no matter what. That's the mentality of a lot of fans here. I feel better about Allen and Shanahan making the decisions because they'll be more logical than emotional. They'll only pick a QB at #4 if they feel he's the right guy.

This is the most exciting part about the upcoming draft for me. That combined with Shanahan having a year off to evaluate talent. Hopefully we deal for a few more picks prior to the draft.

I agree. For once, our offseason intentions aren't being blasted across ESPN's bottom line. This element of mystery will drastically increase our chances of being able to trade down if we so choose.

Hopefully they will interview every single player possible at the combine and keep the league guessing.

There's no reason for any 'expert' to believe that Dan Snyder isn't involved in football decisions until there is evidence of this. Talk is cheap. If and when a new pattern of personnel decisions is shown through action, the old reputation will be a thing of the past.

I never said that Snyder wasn't involved. I said that times have changed at Redskins Park which they have.

In all fairness JLC has 10 years of history on his side.

Archived