Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network: Top 5 Picks discussions

hitmandm

There's no reason for any 'expert' to believe that Dan Snyder isn't involved in football decisions until there is evidence of this. Talk is cheap. If and when a new pattern of personnel decisions is shown through action, the old reputation will be a thing of the past.

stating the obvious...it's his team get over it

There's no reason for any 'expert' to believe that Dan Snyder isn't involved in football decisions until there is evidence of this. Talk is cheap. If and when a new pattern of personnel decisions is shown through action, the old reputation will be a thing of the past.

It is in Allen's contract that he has 100% control.

Moreso, do you really think that a multiple Super Bowl winner like Coach Shanahan would let Snyder pick his players and his offseason strategies?

It is just a little man like JLC trying to stir the pot.

Jesus Christ!! The media just won't let the Snyder stuff die. It is WELL documented at this point that Snyder doesn't make the football decisions around here anymore. You'd figure that guys like JLC would have gotten the memo by now.:doh:

Pump the breaks man. I feel confident that Shanny/Allen will be making the decisions now, but at this point their first offseason hasn't truly started. Snyder hasn't even had a chance yet to prove he's actually changed, so can you really blame the media guys for still thinking that way?

It's well documented that he SAID he won't be making football decisions. Really with a guy like Snyder, who knows?

That's the point. Apparently JLC thinks he knows...many in the media will talk as if they know. And as you said, who really DOES know?

Far be it for any sports analyst to acknowledge that fact, though...

There is evidence, though.

This is the first time Snyder has had a GM during his tenure as owner. He fired (or accepted the resignation of lol) the one guy who welcomed his input and "meddling", and hired not one but two guys with a history and reputation of having all the necessary control over football operations needed to be successful.

Plus there has been evidence of Snyder willingly sitting in the background and letting his "football people" make the decisions, though. He did it with Marty. He did it for the most part with Gibbs as well. When he has had rookie, inexperienced head coaches he has stepped into the decision making process the most. When he has had established "football men" in place he has retreated further into the background. There's already a pattern in place.

In all fairness JLC has 10 years of history on his side.

No, JLC has 10 years of speculation on his side. The laziest of ways to approach covering or reporting on the Redskins is to break out the "Snyder is a greedy, meddling owner" template and make everything in your articles fit into that template.

For instance, sports writers have been saying for years (right along with fans) that "no worthwhile coach would ever work for Dan Snyder...he's too meddlesome, he's too impatient, he's too (fill in the blank)". Yet this makes the 3rd time a "worthwhile" coach has agreed to work for Snyder, and each of the past "worthwhile" coaches have recommended working for Snyder (Marty even said "jump at the chance").

Now, will the fact that the established head coaches with excellent football reputations have nothing but positives to say about working for Snyder actually effect sports analysts' (and fans') take on the man? Of course not. They have way too much invested in having their viewpoints about Snyder be proven right to allow themselves to step back and try to reassess one of the most polarizing owners in sports. That takes too much effort, and is not nearly as fun.

Talk of LT need and Sam Bradford. How creative NFL network. At least now I know why the thread was about Synder/control and not about what they talked about.

One scenario I wonder about... What if St.Louis decides to draft Claussen or Bradford and then TB trades out of their pick to someone that takes the other QB. Detroit takes Suh (maybe McCoy, but who knows). Who do we take at 4 if we can't trade down? I think Suh/McCoy would be the safest/strongest pick. Although with McCoy or Suh and Berry we could probably trade down.

Talk of LT need and Sam Bradford. How creative NFL network. At least now I know why the thread was about Synder/control and not about what they talked about.

One scenario I wonder about... What if St.Louis decides to draft Claussen or Bradford and then TB trades out of their pick to someone that takes the other QB. Detroit takes Suh (maybe McCoy, but who knows). Who do we take at 4 if we can't trade down? I think Suh/McCoy would be the safest/strongest pick. Although with McCoy or Suh and Berry we could probably trade down.

was wondering this myself ... I'm more worried about someone trading up with Tampa, more than the Rams taking Bradford (even though I am a BoB).

IF we can't draft Bradford at #4 ... I hope like heck we are able to trade back and acquire an additional pick or 2 or 3.

3-4 defense with McCoy or Suh along with Big Al would be nasty. I still would like to see them trade down if this were to happen. Depends what happens in free agency.

3-4 defense with McCoy or Suh along with Big Al would be nasty. I still would like to see them trade down if this were to happen. Depends what happens in free agency.

Completely agree. Just going with the "it takes two.." line of thinking. A move to mid-first and I think we could really help ourselves out.

Archived