Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll To End All Polls (and to end similar JC/Draft threads lol): What Would You Do?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

If you are going to draft a qb at #4, why would you want to keep Jason ?

Yes, I know we will need somebody to play qb, but why Jason?

I mean essentially who ever you put in that spot is going to be nothing but a placeholder till the franchise qb is ready.

He has trade value as probally the best free agent qb out there ( huh-some choices), tender him and then trade him.

BTW, I voted trade down and get some beef on the line. I am very optimistic that either the 49rs or Seahawks will be looking for somebody at that spot.

Placeholders have their value too. In case the rest of the team catches fire, you can go far with a serviceable QB like the 2000 Ravens, or the Jets while Sanchez learns.

Candle could still be useful to us in that role. Especially if Collins isn't up for next year. It's pretty darn obvious though, that we'd have been better off with Collins between 2007 and now.

Still there's room for debate, who's better as a placeholder now? Collins who's been the best option till now? Candle who improves every year (he's up to average/mediocre now)? Brennan to see if he lights it up?

We have interesting options......

keep jc and start building a line, the qb crop next year is looking much better than this years and if jc is the worst quarterback ever like some people think then we'll be right in the running to draft high. if not then maybe it'll give us another year to fix other parts of the team and build value for JC or realize that he may be our franchise guy.

I'm torn on this. Because I think that they SHOULD trade JC if they can get something for him, but if they can't trade him, they should keep him.

I'm in favor of trading back if they can, and picking a QB and OL in the first round, or first, early second.

Really, I would like them to view this as 2 seperate transactions, unrelated to each other:

Trade JC if possible, if not, keep him.

Trade back if possible, pick up another QB and OL, if not, pick best OL possible at #4.

The scenario I'm not thrilled with is picking QB at #4, regardless of whether JC is on the roster or not.

So, there isn't really an option for me to chose. :(

Interesting the overwhelming majority thinks we shouild keep JC and there trade out OR take OL at 4...hmmmm with the number of JC Sux threads you'd figure it would be the other way around....

Yeah, presuming the OP's not added a vote and is keeping a track of this, that would be the only way to get an actual account of what the members here think, hence why he made it public.

Don't get me wrong, it still might come out like that. But as currently stands, too many lurkers/guests screw these things up.

Hail.

We tried to rid our selves of JC last year, and not one NFL team showed any interest. Cambell is a restricted free agent, if any thing the Skins could match a modest offer from another team. I say keep the guy, and draft a new QB. The Skin nation has to admit, Cambell has been through a lot crap to say the least. If we get rid of JC and he excells some where else we will kick our selves to no end. JC may be a late bloomer and Shanahans may bring the best out of JC. Hail:logo:

I voted for keeping JC and trading down so we can get as many OL players as possible. JC is not the worst QB in the league, he just hasn't had the right mentor and now I think he does. Shanahan is famous for finding hidden talent in the later rounds anyway so lets see what he can do.:dallasuck:gaintsuck:eaglesuck

Keep JC 1-2 yrs and draft QB at #4...but only if Bradford is available and James Andrews (team doctor) signs off on him being completely recovered. I live in OK, have since Bradford got the starting job and even though I'm no Okie or an OU Sooners fan...the kid is extremely accurate and has a stronger arm than most give him credit for having. He will be a Pro Bowl caliber QB in the NFL one day...that I do not doubt. I want a ton of new OL as much as everybody else, but 5 yrs into JC being in DC and he's got nothing to show for it except being spit on by the FO last year...time to move on buddy, whether it be this year or next.

Trade Campbell, no way you cut him. He's worth at least a mid level pick to a team that wants to emulate the Jets/Ravens.

Trade down if a solid to great deal comes up. More picks is the key to rebuilding this team. If no one offers a good trade, draft the best available player regardless of position with just a few exceptions.

I don't think they need to go FB/WR/TE, but I would consider just about any DL/OL/RB/QB/LB/S/CB.

I'm sure a lot of folks will rail against anything but OL/QB, but quite frankly, we have many more positions that need an upgrade. 4-12 is indicative of this.

Trading players you don't intend to build around and/or trading down in the draft for more picks is the best possible solution.

more silliness!

think anyone is gonna trade up to #4?.....why?

Quite possible actually. You just lack imagination.

If Suh or Berry fall to us, it might be too tempting for a franchise that views these or other players as once in a decade game breakers. That puts the pressure on them to move up to get their guy. Happened just last year when the Jets moved up to get Sanchez.

Keep JC, trade down, draft best OL prospects whenever possible.

Fresh young prospects, plus Shanahan's expertise, and we wouldn't be too far off from expecting the first half of 2008 kind of production.

You know, when we had a RB leading the league in rushing and a QB who was being discussed as an MVP candidate.

more silliness!

think anyone is gonna trade up to #4?.....why?

There are two teams that have two first round picks.

If Clausen and or Bradford is there at #4, then Seattle may come calling.

If Berry or an OT that the 49rs really like, they could beinterested in trading up.

What would be best for the Skins is if both the Seahawks and 49rs want to trade up, then we can have a bidding war for our pick.

So anything is possible, although unlikely.

];7248497']Keep JC' date=' trade down, draft best OL prospects whenever possible.

Fresh young prospects, plus Shanahan's expertise, and we wouldn't be too far off from expecting the first half of 2008 kind of production.

You know, when we had a RB leading the league in rushing and a QB who was being discussed as an MVP candidate.[/quote']

While I like your thoughts on trading down and grabbing more OL.

Why not just trade Jason ?

And get more picks?

we have to keep jc,no quarterback in the league could have done much better behind our make shift line.draft off line 1st rd,trade cooley for probowl off line,2nd rd draft rb or saftey ( best available),4th rd kicker and the rest of the draft best player available. i hate trading cooley but he has value and davis will be a great te.my plan will fix our off line woes get us a very good rb or saftey and we could get quilty help in free agency. :gaintsuck

Archived