Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll To End All Polls (and to end similar JC/Draft threads lol): What Would You Do?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I said keep JC for 1-2 and trade down from #4.

We're not one player away from being a playoff team even, so if there's an opportunity to trade down, maybe pick up an extra 2nd and another later pick, why not? I loved Mike Mayock's review of Bradford, and some of the other one's I've read recently, but until I hear that Andrew's has given him the all good and completely healthy, I'm not comfortable with picking QB at #4.

If our QB is sitting, which is what the Shanahan rumors have all been saying, (draft a young QB and let him sit for a year), then I don't want to pick a QB at number 4 unless he's the next Peyton Manning, which I don't think exists, period. So, I'm fine with trading down, getting extra picks, getting some OL and a QB in the late 1st/early second or even later.

I even read a glowing review of Tim Tebow (and I'm not a UF fan or a fan of getting Tebow at ALL) by the guy who drafted and scouted Brett Favre, Doug Williams, Steve Young, and Chris Miller.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=4848168

It's a shockingly positive review, not that I want to go get Tebow now, but if we did I'm comfortable with whatever the FO does in the draft, even if we pick a QB with #4. That's just not what I WANT to do, but if it happens, I'll be fine since Shanahan and Allen are running the show.

are u comparing the 2007 off.line to this years? jc was sacked the 46 times and theirs no telling how many times he was knocked down.but still he improved.WE MUST KEEP JC we need to fix our other issues 1st

Oh and his lifetime W/L record is worthy of keeping :doh:

This is a long post but it’s relative to my vote. I voted for keeping JC and trading down because the only player I think is worth our #4 pick is Ndamukong Suh. After stating this, I would be shocked and giddy all at once, (like I was last year with Orakpo) if Ndamukong Sue was still on the board at 4. I lean more towards fixing the O line but if he was there, I would draft him and deal with the O line in later picks. I think we all would agree that one O lineman is not all we need even if it is a LT. I believe his talent is too good to pass up if you have the chance. Some will disagree but if what the majority of analysts are saying is true about him being the best DL prospect to come out with his skills since Reggie White… Then you have to at least admit that whichever O lineman / QB may be available now, could be replicated in another draft down the road when the selection is better and not filled with questions of “could he be the one”. I mean seriously, if you look at who we all have been talking about at our 4 spot, they all have some weakness, question or flaw. I haven’t heard many of those for Sue. If someone has seen or read about one from a credible source, please post it. Think of it this way. If you were an offensive coordinator that had to game plan for Haynesworth, Sue, Orakpo, Carter and the rest of the front 7 coming after you every play, who would you double team and at what risk? It doesn’t even matter if we are in a 3-4 or 4-3 to me. Double-teaming more than one of them causes you problems. Leaving them in zone blocking or man up is still a problem. Having them makes the rest of your defensive players that much better. Pockets wouldn’t last long, running lanes would be hard to find and it would simply seem like you have too many men to block at one time. But my slobbering for Ndamukong Suh should be in another post.

I think we should at least tender an offer to Campbell to have him around to compete for the starting job. Who knows, someone might negotiate a good trade for him but we won’t know his value if we just let him go. It’s still possible he might actually continue to get better with a system more suited to his skills and a little more talent around him.

I voted to trade down but it takes two to tango as they say. I’m not one to say trade down just because it sounds good. I think if you decide to trade down, you have to have an idea of where to and who you think might be there that you want. You also have to think of what you would realistically take in return for you pick. We have all seen the trade chart. http://www.drafttek.com/tradechart.html I think it is too top heavy in value so I would actually take less if I truly wanted to trade down. To put my money where my mouth is, this is what I would do if I had the power.

I think these trades and players are within reason but it’s still too early to know. Assuming Ndamukong Suh, is gone, I would trade our #4 for Seattle’s #6 and #102 (4th). I would then trade the #6 to San Francisco for their #13 and #49 (2nd). I would trade our #37 (2nd) to New England for their #42 (2nd) and #118 (4th). Obviously these teams would have to want someone in those spots and be willing to trade but hopefully you can see my line of thought and where I think we can get what we want and still fill some holes.

These would be my picks:

#13 Brian Bulaga, OT Iowa

#42 Ryan Mathews RB Fresno State or Toby Gerhart, RB Stanford

#49 Kyle Calloway, OT Iowa

#101 Dexter McCluster, RB Mississippi

#102 Sean Canfield, QB Oregon St

#118 A.J. Edds OLB Iowa

#132 (5th) BPA

#196 (7th) BPA

Compensational picks BPA

I know there are a lot of Iowa Hawkeyes here. I’m not a Hawkeye homer! I am actually a diehard Wolverine fan. (I know! I know! My Michigan Wolverines suck too! But I firmly believe that both of my football teams will be back were we belong soon.) I have seen these Iowa guys play and I was very impressed. Hopefully you will check them out.

Here are my thoughts on these players and some brief info and links. Youtube has some great highlights of them if you have the time.

Brian Bulaga:

Did anyone see the Georgia Tech / Iowa game? He and Calloway completely shut down Derrick Morgan who is a projected 1st Rd DE. We might be able to get a different OT here but he is the one I trust the most this far down

http://www.draftboardinsider.com/cgi-bin/prospect.cgi?id=761

Ryan Mathews:

We all know about the year that Gerhart had, Mathews had 63 less rushing yards than Gerhart with 8 less TD’s. I would rather have Mathews but I would take either one!

http://www.draftboardinsider.com/cgi-bin/prospect.cgi?id=1119

Toby Gerhart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjLh_yO41jw

This is from www.thehuddlereport.com

STRENGTHS

Toby is a smart, powerful and versatile RB who has excellent quickness to the hole. He shows good balance as well as lean and quick feet. He is a very good blocker and understands situational football. Toby doesn't set up his blockers, but he sure knows how to follow them through the hole to get to the second level. He is fast enough to turn the corner and powerful enough to run through the tackles. When Toby gets past the line of scrimmage, he shows another gear and, along with his power, that gear makes it very difficult for safeties and CB's to tackle him. He shows very good hands out of the backfield and down the field. Toby is a weapon. He is the type of player who gives an offense the versatility it needs to be successful.

NEEDS TO IMPROVE

All Toby needs is for NFL coaches to realize how much of a weapon a player with Toby's skills is. Toby doesn't have 4.3 speed, but that doesn't mean that Toby is not an impact player. Give him a chance to play and you will see for yourself.

BOTTOM LINE

Toby reminds me of a player who helped make the West Coast Offense successful when the 49ers first introduced it. Anybody who played with Tom Rathman will tell you that the success of that offense was due to Tom Rathman's versatility. He could block like a fullback, run like a running back, move like an H-back, catch the ball down the field like a TE and pick up blitzes in the passing game like an offensive tackle. Tom Rathman was listed as a fullback, but the truth is that Tom was an every down back. Toby Gerhart has this type of talent -- he's versatile, has football intelligence and, if used correctly, will become an every down back for the team that drafts him…

Kyle Calloway:

Not much out there yet but we will soon hear more after the Senior Bowl and Combine. This is from www.thehuddlereport.com

STRENGTHS

Kyle has excellent size, strength and feet to play his position. He is a right tackle with a left tackle heart. By that, I mean he takes pride in pass blocking and protecting his QB. He is a powerful run blocker and does a very good job blocking in space and moving to the next level. Most of the time he is not covered up when blocking on passing plays with a TE. He does not get overpowered when being bull rushed. Kyle is smart, shows mental stamina and does not get beat by the same move twice if he gets beat at all. I suspect that once Kyle works out at the combine, he will show enough athletic talent to play left tackle at the next level. However, even if he does not, Kyle (right now) shows Pro Bowl right tackle skills.

NEEDS TO IMPROVE

He is stronger than most of the players he plays against right now and does get up too high at times. He gets a little lazy when pass blocking once he drives his man past his QB and looks to help his line mates out a little too quickly. All of this is nit picking and can all be corrected.

BOTTOM LINE

I'm calling him Kyle (Right Away) Calloway because you can draft this kid and plug him into your offensive line at the right tackle position right away. He can play Right tackle in his sleep, but I believe he could also play the left tackle position also at a very high level. I will be surprised if by the time the draft comes around he is not considered a top draft choice, but I have been surprised before. You are talking about an offensive lineman who can pass block, run block, has the athletic agility to go out to the second level and combo block, can move out and block on screen plays and can be used in a pulling system.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/563056

Dexter McCluster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp3RL2s5BV0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COpTlPC1go0

I learned about him here on ES. http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=309534&highlight=Dexter+McCluster

I see him as a 3rd down back / slot receiver and a PR / KR guy. Imagine having him on a 3rd down draw or screen play. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1137461

Sean Canfield:

I know! Most of you are saying “Who”? I was sorting through QB stats and did the same thing. I believe that accuracy is more important than arm strength, pro sets translate better to the NFL than spread systems, and reading defenses is more important than athleticism. I was looking at completion % for all the usual QB’s people want to draft for us this year or next.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/stats/playersort/NCAAF/QB/regularseason?&_1:col_1=6 Here’s a quick breakdown.

Player

Team

GP

ATT

COMP

PAC%

PAYD

PAYA

INT

PATD

Colt McCoy

Texas

Case Keenum

Houston

Dan LeFevour

Central Michigan

Sam Bradford 07

Oklahoma

Jimmy Clausen

Notre Dame

Sean Canfield

Oregon State

Sam Bradford 08

Oklahoma

Tim Tebow

Florida

Kellen Moore

Boise State

Levi Brown

Troy

Jarrett Brown

West Virginia

Todd Reesing

Kansas

Tony Pike

Cincinnati

Tim Hiller

Western Michigan

Jake Locker

Washington

Jonathan Crompton

Tennessee

Sam Bradford 09

Oklahoma

Ryan Mallett

Arkansas

Jevan Snead

Mississippi

I’ll admit that I don’t know what kind of system all of these guys were in, but Clausen and Canfield both definitely ran a pro set and the guys that I’m not sure about are towards the bottom. I added Bradford’s 07 and 08 seasons because I know how some of you can get, not because of a point I’m trying to make. After Clausen and Bradford in whichever order…you choose, I want Canfield. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/565146

A.J. Edds:

He is my other Iowa Hawkeye player. www.thehuddlereport.com had this to say.

STRENGTHS

AJ is a complete LB who has the athletic talent, intelligence and instincts to play any one of the linebacker positions for the team that drafts him. He has excellent speed to go along with his size. He has excellent man-to-man cover skills to defend against TE's and those big slot receivers. A J is a head up, wrap up, squeeze and drive tackler who can cut on a dime and change direction. He has an excellent burst of speed to the ball and can cover those sneaky tailbacks coming out of the back field in the flat. Out of all the senior linebackers in this draft A J is the best and will be the safest pick... just like Aaron Curry was last year…

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1243684

Compensation picks, 5th and 7th round picks are a crap shoot. I believe in BPA that far down.

SkinFan 2932-

Wew, thats alot to digest, good work.

I whole heartedly agree on the Iowa Boys, and I believe I read some where that Iowa uses a ZBS, so they would be ahead of the game, so to speak.

My only change would be to Lefevour at QB. I know the kid need somework, but what ever qb we draft they are going to sit behind a vet.

That would be a dynamite draft as far as I am concerned, but the BOB club would be alittle disappointed.

They say the Jets need a Cornerback to pair with Darrell Revis. Why don't we trade Them Carlos Rogers for their 1st round pick? They pick at #29 and Los can start immediately.

There is no way we get a first rounder for Rogers. We'd be lucky to get a fourth for him.

Yeah, presuming the OP's not added a vote and is keeping a track of this, that would be the only way to get an actual account of what the members here think, hence why he made it public.

Don't get me wrong, it still might come out like that. But as currently stands, too many lurkers/guests screw these things up.

Hail.

Again, just count the names if you're in any way suspicious...this is how we did the Babe Draft: made it public and discounted any ghost votes. But even without counting each individual name all you have to do is see which options have the most ES names next to them to get an idea of how people are thinking.

Again, just count the names if you're in any way suspicious...this is how we did the Babe Draft: made it public and discounted any ghost votes. But even without counting each individual name all you have to do is see which options have the most ES names next to them to get an idea of how people are thinking.

:secret: I was backing the concept and trying to explain it my good man .....

But I still say you need a ban under the trades description act of false advertising if another poll appears and this isn't the one to end them all. :silly:

Hail.

:secret: I was backing the concept and trying to explain it my good man .....

But I still say you need a ban under the trades description act of false advertising if another poll appears and this isn't the one to end them all. :silly:

Hail.

Those other quote-unquote "polls" won't be REAL polls...they'll be some knock-off street corner pirated versions that are made in sweat shops in China!! :silly:

I don't know if It's the poll to end all polls... that would have to have...

1 Brandon Loyd Christmas

2 Epic back and forth between TK and future ex-extremeskins member.

3 Ninja text!

4 Stupid guy holding himself hostage

5 Laughable, misspelled title.

6 Giant pink fonts.

Is that right?

My wish would be to do the following...

1. Trade Campbell to another team for a second round or third round draft pick

2. In FA we bring in a veteran QB

3. In training camp we have an open competition with Collins, Colt, and the brought in vet QB. The three of them fight it out for starting position. Loser hits the street. Better QB starts, other QB backs him up.

4. In the draft we use our first round pick as a trade and move down to get another 2nd or third rounder. Our first pick goes for a QB, our next three picks (our own second and the two others we just got by trading) go to offensive linemen. The next pick after that we draft the best RB.

5. The rookie QB we take doesn't touch the field in 2010 season and learns from either Colt and the Vet who wins or Todd and the vet who wins the QB challenge.

This would address three picks to the offensive line, our top pick towards the QB of the future, and Jason Campbell.

I don't know if It's the poll to end all polls... that would have to have...

1 Brandon Loyd Christmas

2 Epic back and forth between TK and future ex-extremeskins member.

3 Ninja text!

4 Stupid guy holding himself hostage

5 Laughable, misspelled title.

6 Giant pink fonts.

Is that right?

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

One can never have enough "stupid guys holding themselves hostage" thread takeovers to add to the rich fabric of the boards.

Hail.

SkinFan 2932-

Wew, thats alot to digest, good work.

I whole heartedly agree on the Iowa Boys, and I believe I read some where that Iowa uses a ZBS, so they would be ahead of the game, so to speak.

My only change would be to Lefevour at QB. I know the kid need somework, but what ever qb we draft they are going to sit behind a vet.

That would be a dynamite draft as far as I am concerned, but the BOB club would be alittle disappointed.

Texasthunder -

Thanks! I've been lurking around in the background for a few years now. After seeing others put their two cents out there, I finally decided I would too. I was actually looking at Lefevour too when I was sorting comp % stats. He is in a spread though. I guess we get a better idea on both of them this weekend at the Senior Bowl. Iowa does run a ZBS and they both have been starting in it for at least a couple years. The BOB Club has its merits but I am more interested in fixing our O Line right now and filling more wholes. Bradford may be the one but that is a big maybe.

Archived