Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll To End All Polls (and to end similar JC/Draft threads lol): What Would You Do?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

These polls carry NO weight because they are flawed.

No, these polls carry NO weight because they don't effect anything Shanahan and Allen will do lol ;).

Other than that, they're simply a storing house for everyone's opinion, including those whose opinions don't match up with the first six options (psst: option #7 is a "fill in the blank" type of response...that's a tip.)

Me, I'm idealistic. I want to trade down, possibly even for a low pick this year and a high pick next year, build to O-line, look at what players are available to fit whatever O and D Shanahan wants to develop, keep JC until the FO finds the perfect fit. The more I look at this years draft, the less confident I feel about the 4 being big value for the Skins. If we could find the suitor for the 4 pick who would pay us, I would be more than willing to part with it, if the price is right.

No, these polls carry NO weight because they don't effect anything Shanahan and Allen will do lol ;).

Other than that, they're simply a storing house for everyone's opinion, including those whose opinions don't match up with the first six options (psst: option #7 is a "fill in the blank" type of response...that's a tip.)

That too but vote then sign out and vote again ok? Oh and vote again and again etc.

For all of the bashing JC has taken on here, I want to see what he can do with a combo of the Shannys and a really good OL. I voted for keeping JC and taking one of the stud LT's at #4. Now this comes with the asterisk that Shanny should do what he thinks is best, which means if he feels that Bradford is a stud he should take him at #4 and get OL in other rounds. If he's not sold on either Bradford or Clausen (or the one he wants is gone), then take a stud LT and trade down from the 4th pick in the 2nd round and pick up Lefevour plus a RT or RB with what would be a 3rd round pick or another 2nd rounder. Centers & guards can be had in the 4th & 5th rounds.

That scenario accomplishes several things: rebuilds the OL, keeps a veteran QB like JC on the roster for stability, we see what JC can do with great coaching and a good OL, AND we pick up a possible QB of the future in Lefevour. Sign a free agent RB and the offense is almost completely re-built.

Jason Campbell is one of many players on our team that we should trade if we can get value for him, but I wouldn't let him go for anything less than a 4th.

With no new CBA there won't be many options in free agency so we should try to acquire as many picks as possible.

We have at least a dozen holes and only 5 picks in the draft to fill them.

I think we should use the draft and free agencey to fill as many holes as possible this year and wait to draft a QB next year because I don't see any of the QB's in this class as elite franchise QB's.

I don't think we will be able to trade out of the 4th pick so I think we should take the BPA period. We shouldn't take O-line or QB at that spot just for the sake of taking a QB or O-lineman. We should take the best player in the draft when we pick. None of the QB's or OT's are worth the 4th pick IMO.

The thing I don't like about this poll is trading down is an option. That is the obvious choice, but what if it isn't a choice at all? What if nobody is will to trade up? Most teams aren't that dumb.

I voted #1.

Why would trading down be the "obvious" choice?...

If you could get a 4th round (or even 3rd round) pick for Campbell and Bradford is there at #4...is trading down the "obvious choice" there?

For those who say Campbell's value will never be any higher, his numbers have improved every season. How can you realistically say that trend won't continue?

I know right?

JC was 15th rated QB under this years less then ideal conditions.

Logic should tell us that JC will be even better next year because of the improved coaching staff and playcalling alone.

Now if we can actually improve along the OL and the backs stay healthy and the young receivers continue to improve all signs point to JC and the team having a better season.

Then again when you go 4-12 all signs point up.

I voted keep Campbell and trade down to pick up a lot of o-linemen and if a qb drops that Shanny and Allen believe can develop into a franchise qb, then take him. Personally, I believe that Colt should be given a shot to start but I have to say he looks terrible with pressure (Sugar Bowl vs. Georgia) but I believe Jason is more than servicable as a qb but competition brings out the best in everyone.

I know right?

JC was 15th rated QB under this years less then ideal conditions.

Logic should tell us that JC will be even better next year because of the improved coaching staff and playcalling alone.

Now if we can actually improve along the OL and the backs stay healthy and the young receivers continue to improve all signs point to JC and the team having a better season.

Then again when you go 4-12 all signs point up.

Have you ever considered that this is about as good as he can get? One could argue that Campbell creates at least a sack every other game because his pocket presence is poor, so I really doubt he helps his line much.

Personally, pass blocking is more scheme, coaching, and synergy between the line and the QB than pure talent. The Colts and Chiefs have had elite offensive lines for a while (and once upon a time the Colts ran the ball VERY well) and I doubt any of the linemen they've had outside Brian Waters, Willie Roaf, Tarik Glenn and Jeff Saturday could produce like that with the Redskins power-blocking style.

And then we know what Shanny can do.

For those who say Campbell's value will never be any higher, his numbers have improved every season. How can you realistically say that trend won't continue?

He actually dropped this year and you are right his turnover and total fumbles did improve (higher) this year.

I said keep JC and draft QB at number 4.

I voted this because I believe with a pick this high we should see this as the last time we'll be in the top 10 for a long time and so this is our best chance to land a franchise QB.

I said keep JC because who else would we have to start while our rookie learns the ropes and our OL is fixed?

I was tempted to vote for trading down but I figured the odds of that happening are somewhat slim so I voted for the thing I think will and should happen although trading down (but staying within stricking distance of Clausen) would be beneficial for more picks to draft OL with.

If you are going to draft a qb at #4, why would you want to keep Jason ?

Yes, I know we will need somebody to play qb, but why Jason?

I mean essentially who ever you put in that spot is going to be nothing but a placeholder till the franchise qb is ready.

He has trade value as probally the best free agent qb out there ( huh-some choices), tender him and then trade him.

BTW, I voted trade down and get some beef on the line. I am very optimistic that either the 49rs or Seahawks will be looking for somebody at that spot.

Archived