Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Shanahan the perfect coach for Colt Brennan?

kingdaddy

Is the Earth better off without us? (public)  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Earth better off without us? (public)

• We make zero difference to anything on the planet
    • whatever.
    • yes, it would be better off.

I know this is a Colt thread, but as long as some of you are bringing up other QB's, aren't we forgetting about Richard Bartell in all of this? :silly:

I'm suprised we heard NOTHING about the guy. How'd he do in practice? How'd he do with the second team? Curious to hear some input... good or bad.

The Skins are going to draft a QB in the first two rounds -- bank on it.

What else does your crystal ball says?

And JC or someone like Sage Rosenfels will be the starter most likely.

Why? What if Colt beats out JC since we will finally have a competition for the #1 spot.

So Colt will be fighting for the number three spot. Again.

Really? What makes you say that? I hope you do realize there is a new coach in town and his name is not Zorn.

Truth is, he had his chance to shine last training camp and preseason and he didn't. Might have been a little too ****y according to some.

Again, you do realize there is a new coach in town and all players will be properly evaluated as Shanny has said.

But hey, I like the kid and you just never know.

This sentence I agree with. :) I am not a JC basher or a Colt lover. But would like to have the coaching staff give everyone the opportunity to fight to stay on the roster and for the starting position. Let the best man win!

If Jasons career is ended because of open competition, it wont be due to bum azz Colt Brennan. I swear Im still trying to see why everyone continues to think this guy can fight for the #1 spot. Anythings possible, but he got his azz handed to him last year by Chase Daniel. If anything, CB fans need to pull for this scrub to get better. Stop acting like he is some hot shot who's proven himself time in and time out. Cause he hasnt. Right now he is garbage bag juice.

First of all do not try to circumvent the profanity filter. By the way ass is not filtered. ;)

Second Chase handed Colt his ass right out to Saints practice squad. ;)

Third Colt did the same thing to JC the first season he was here. But yet for some reason Zorn still started JC.

Fourth how do you know he is not a hot shot? Do you have some great wisdom that tells you who is hot and who is not. Currently JC is not hot but at least Colt brings an intrigue to the table. In another words are you saying you don't want to see what the most accurate WCO style QB in college can do for the Skins?

The sad truth is that in an even competition (both playing behind first string) ... Colt would have embarrassed Jason ... the Campbell lovers will never admit to this. I'm confident Shanny will make the right choice and it won't be Campbell.

I like Colt but this post is laughable.

I went to training camp the past 2 years.

And it was evident to anyone that could see that JC was head and shoulders better then Collins and Colt.

In order for there to be an outright open competition for the QB spot the QBs in competition actually have to pose a credible challenge to the incumbent, last year Colt was challening for the No.2 spot and didn't cut it.

And it was evident to anyone that could see that JC was head and shoulders better then Collins and Colt.

In order for there to be an outright open competition for the QB spot the QBs in competition actually have to pose a credible challenge to the incumbent, last year Colt was challening for the No.2 spot and didn't cut it.

Exactly.

I'm in no way a JC fan, but the Cult of Colt stuff... well, I thought it would go away after his terrible showing in training camp and preseason.

Between JC or whatever veteran we bring in if we trade JC, and the rookie QB Shanahan will definitely draft, Colt is really going to have to impress in practice to make the team, something he has yet to do. I mean, he'll be a 27-year-old QB who has never taken a snap in a NFL game -- coaches don't exactly give those guys the benefit of the doubt.

Also, I think CB is more charismatic and has more leadership ability than JC. Even when Madden was calling one of our preseason games, he said our o-line looked more energized when Colt stepped in to replace JC and that CB has the "it" factor.

If you look at all the good QBs, they have good charisma and leadership. JC doesn't. JC is emotionless. If Shanahan gives Colt a serious look and doesn't believe he can win with him, I'm fine with that. We just want Colt seriously evaluated.

I like the way you worded this. I think Ben Roethlisberger has the "it" factor and can operate behind the worst of offensive lines. I think Brennan may have it too. Drew Brees is another one who just see's the field very well. I've said it many times on this site and agree with you....JC doesn't have the field presence or "it" factor.

Collins wiped the floor with Colt.

It's a longshot, but I wouldn't count the old man out. If Shanahan takes a QB in the later rounds as more of a project, he might want to keep Collins around instead of having two untested QBS behind JC.

I like the way you worded this. I think Ben Roethlisberger has the "it" factor and can operate behind the worst of offensive lines. I think Brennan may have it too. Drew Brees is another one who just see's the field very well. I've said it many times on this site and agree with you....JC doesn't have the field presence or "it" factor.

Did you watch Colt in preseason?

For the most part, he showed no field presence at all.

He would drop back too far or too slowly, scan the field casually like it was practice, then get crushed.

It was a bummer. I had high hopes for him too.

The Skins are going to draft a QB in the first two rounds -- bank on it.

And JC or someone like Sage Rosenfels will be the starter most likely.

So Colt will be fighting for the number three spot. Again.

Truth is, he had his chance to shine last training camp and preseason and he didn't. Might have been a little too ****y according to some.

But hey, I like the kid and you just never know.

The skins had a complete failure running the front office and a lame duck coach who didn't have any decision making abilities/responsibilities. Pardon me if i don't take their word for it that he might not be ready:D.

Do you really think those two guys opinions of Colt are damning in any way whatsoever?

The skins had a complete failure running the front office and a lame duck coach who didn't have any decision making abilities/responsibilities. Pardon me if i don't take their word for it that he might not be ready:D.

Do you really think those two guys opinions of Colt are damning in any way whatsoever?

Those two guys' opinions of Colt matched what a lot of other people's opinions of him were before he was drafted, though. So it's not as if it's Zorn and Vinny versus the rest of the football world or anything lol.

Maybe you're right. I would love it if Colt turned out to be good.

But we're not talking about Zorn or anyone else's opinion. We're talking about performance. The team wanted Colt to step up and take the number two spot. It was all laid out for him... and he didn't come through in practice or in preseason.

Then why did they keep him on the roster? If he is so far behind don't you just release him?

JC was "head and shoulders better than Collins and Colt?" I don't think so. I think Collins has a quicker release and see's the entire field much better than JC. One of the obvious downfalls to Zorn was that he didn't give Collins a chance. That's why I think Brennan may do better under a new head coach such as Shanahan.

Guys like you who say posts or suggestions are laughable are laughable to me. Just because you saw a guy play in training camp makes you qualified to say what kind of pro they'll be under a new coaching staff. I'm sure you like to hear yourself sing in the shower everyday too.

but when it comes to Colt, we have just as many who feel no need to "wait and see", they're already convinced beyond doubt about the guy lol :)...

Most people whom are not blinded by their love for Campbell are saying they just want to see Brennan get a fair evaluation by Papa Shanahan. A fair shot as in equal reps in practice with the 1st team as well as pre-season. Is that too much too ask or does Campbell still need the bulk of the work to find out more about him?

I find it wild that so many on ES say they're going to take a "wait and see" approach towards Mike Shanahan, a guy who has won 2 Super Bowls...but when it comes to Colt, we have just as many who feel no need to "wait and see", they're already convinced beyond doubt about the guy lol :)...

What I find wild is the blind homerism towards anyone wearing B&G except Colt brennan.

:hysterical:

agreed... if anything we should have used Colt's injury as an opportunity to retain Chase Daniel as the 3rd stringer (who showed a hell of a lot more then Brennan in camp and preseason)... and now Daniel is learning from one of the best QBs in the league with the Saints...

Who knows about Brennan. He's failed to shine in the preseason against second team defenses so I just don't see how he even pushes JC from the starting position. I'll be surprised if Colt is even in a Skins uni next season.

Remember though, that was with Zorn's incompetent staff coaching him, not Shanny & Son. I'd like to see what Shanny can do with him if anything.

I find it wild that so many on ES say they're going to take a "wait and see" approach towards Mike Shanahan, a guy who has won 2 Super Bowls...but when it comes to Colt, we have just as many who feel no need to "wait and see", they're already convinced beyond doubt about the guy lol :)...

You are right. The only known quality on the Redskins is Jason Campbell. We know everything about him that we can ever want to know.

College numbers mean little to nothing in the pros. Last year Colt had his chance to move up to #2 on the depth chart and failed to do so. If he can't beat out Todd Collins in year two of the same system I don't see how he's going to be out both of our QB's for the #1 spot this year. If he does, great, it would be an awesome story. I just wouldn't get your hopes up.

From what it appeared to me, #2 was not even open for competition. It was Collins the whole time. Zorn and/or Cerrato both felt that we had a playoff roster and having a vet as the #2 was the primary need. Colt was IR'd immediately with no attempt at bringing in another third stringer. That seems like enough evidence.

From what it appeared to me, #2 was not even open for competition. It was Collins the whole time. Zorn and/or Cerrato both felt that we had a playoff roster and having a vet as the #2 was the primary need. Colt was IR'd immediately with no attempt at bringing in another third stringer. That seems like enough evidence.

The preseason, once again, was all about Jason Campbell. He was given the job, but still didn't have the confidence of coaches. Collins hardly played at all. The number 2 job was his. Brennan had limited time. Daniel had limited time.

The only going with 2 QB's issue had more to do with their lack of interest in Daniel and their gross commitment to Campbell. 4-12. Thanks a lot.

Most people whom are not blinded by their love for Campbell are saying they just want to see Brennan get a fair evaluation by Papa Shanahan. A fair shot as in equal reps in practice with the 1st team as well as pre-season. Is that too much too ask or does Campbell still need the bulk of the work to find out more about him?

Amazing...you managed to take a post that doesn't mention Campbell at ALL, and make it all about him anyway lol :rotflmao:...Bravo :applause:

Oh, and I love how apparently Colt has not been given a "fair shot" yet. You earn the right to have snaps with the 1st string, that's not just given over to you out of fan curiosity. Brunell (after being benched for Ramsey) and Collins both EARNED their way into competing for higher spots on the roster, even though there wasn't an "open" competition. Their play during practice and during preseason made the coaches take notice. Stop thinking Colt has been hamstrung by either incompetent coaches or lack of chances.

September 1, 2009:

ESPN’s John Clayton writes that the “best guess” for the next Matt Cassel is “is Brett Ratliff of the Cleveland Browns, nudging out Matt Moore of the Panthers and possibly Colt Brennan of the Redskins … Finding the next Cassel is a guessing game. In Carolina, the Panthers believe they are developing another Tony Romo sits to pee in Moore. Brennan has shown a flair for moving the football in his time on the field during the preseason.”

And, some of you think Shanahan is not going to take a strong look at Brennan? Are you nuts?

Added via edit:

NUTS

adj.

1. Crazy; insane.

2. Extremely enthusiastic.

Example: I think the people on Extremeskins are nuts.

Archived