Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Shanahan the perfect coach for Colt Brennan?

kingdaddy

Is the Earth better off without us? (public)  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Earth better off without us? (public)

• We make zero difference to anything on the planet
    • whatever.
    • yes, it would be better off.

The back-up QB is always king among Skins fans...he can always come in and do better, he can always come in and throw more TDs, he can always come in and run the offense better, he can always come in and rack up more wins.

That is, until he becomes starter lol :).

So true alot of us thought that about JC and look how wrong we were;).

At the same time, Timmy Chang put up almost the same numbers at Hawaii that Colt did, so who knows.

Not even close.

Chang:

http://smu.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=22700

Brennan:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=145275

Colt's career completion percentage is over 70%, Chang never was higher than 59%. Then look at the TD/Int ratio and QB rating. Chang set his records over 5 seasons, Colt did it in 3.

Chang = system quarterback.

Colt = phenom in a great system.

Snyder and the coaching staff really wanted Colt to step up and take the number two spot last year... and they ended up being very disappointed.

Outside of a couple great preseason moments two years ago, Colt has never really impressed the coaches. He has never shined in OTA's or training camp. Chase Daniels had a better grasp of things almost immediately. I don't know, maybe Colt just took things for granted and got caught in the hype. Whatever the reason, if Colt wants to make the team, he's going to have show Shanahan a lot more than he showed Zorn and company, both mentally and physically. I mean, this is not a 22-year-old with crazy physical skills. Colt will be 27 when the season starts and has missed a lot of time with injuries already.

Colt has only had like limited playing time to really evaluate him. Jason has had some 50 plus starts. We know what he is. People dogging Colt for his poor pre-season is not totally fair.

He a great preseason and a poor preseason then got hurt. The verdict is still out on him. Sanchez looked like garbage mid-season for the Jets. Yet, they have some how made it to the AFC Championship game. They stayed with him.

People getting on Colt because Daniels played better then him is nonsense. They could have kept Daniels and they didn't. They opted to keep Colt. They could have cut both of them.

I would be willing to bet that Colt will eventually turn out to be a better NFL quarterback then Jason.

So true alot of us thought that about JC and look how wrong we were;).

You could use JC easily, yep lol :yes:...this board was clamoring for Campbell to start over "Boonell". This board was clamoring for Ramsey to start over "Boonell", too lol. Skins fans were clamoring for Frerotte to start over Shuler and whoever else was playing at the time. Rypien over Williams. Williams over Schroeder. Etc, Etc, yadda yadda yadda...Colt is just the latest in line of Skins backup QBs who fans adore even without having proven one iota on the field yet...because we just "know" he'll do better than the starter, as of course every backup QB we've yelled for has done lol ;).

If seasons were 3 1/2 games long you'd have a point lol ;)...Collins never became fulltime starter.

I can't be the only one here who remembers all the hoopla over Frerrotte when he came in and played noticeably better than Shuler...that is, until he became full-time starter.

I would easily take Gus (at that moment in time) over Campbell though.

Colt has only had like limited playing time to really evaluate him. Jason has had some 50 plus starts. We know what he is. People dogging Colt for his poor pre-season is not totally fair.

What else is there to really base him on, though? There were (are) tons of Skins fans who are basing their faith in the guy on that same limited playing time, which should be just as unfair, should it not?

That's nice. But we're talking about Colt lol.

Would you take Gus at that moment in time over Colt? (at least this stays on topic lol)

Actually no I like Colt. Colt has a huge upside IMO and is a gunslinger, leader type that I love. BTW Shanny likes that type too :)

Does Shanny like his "uncle Rico" throwing motion, though? lol

The same motion he went 70%+ with? I guess we we will wait and see but if you watch tape on Shanny's previous QB's then watch tape on Jason and Colt which one fits better?

Get back to me after that homework assignment.

It is also partially not fair from the standpoint that he was playing hurt last preseason.

At the same time, the verdict so far on Colt is very mixed. When he's had his best games, he got lucky on some of his passes. There were some of those throws that would have become interceptions with better defenders.

People getting on Colt because Daniels played better then him is nonsense. They could have kept Daniels and they didn't. They opted to keep Colt. They could have cut both of them.

There was no guarantee if he was healthy that he would have made the roster. Fortunately, the Redskins didn't have to face that question.

I would be willing to bet that Colt will eventually turn out to be a better NFL quarterback then Jason.

He's got a long ways to go before he proves that.

You could use JC easily, yep lol :yes:...this board was clamoring for Campbell to start over "Boonell". This board was clamoring for Ramsey to start over "Boonell", too lol. Skins fans were clamoring for Frerotte to start over Shuler and whoever else was playing at the time. Rypien over Williams. Williams over Schroeder. Etc, Etc, yadda yadda yadda...Colt is just the latest in line of Skins backup QBs who fans adore even without having proven one iota on the field yet...because we just "know" he'll do better than the starter, as of course every backup QB we've yelled for has done lol ;).

You left out Stan Humphries, Jeff Rutledge and Babe Laufenberg.

The same motion he went 70%+ with? I guess we we will wait and see but if you watch tape on Shanny's previous QB's then watch tape on Jason and Colt which one fits better?

Get back to me after that homework assignment.

Ah, yes, because college success ALWAYS translates into NFL success. How well did Campbell do his last year in college again? Remind me (homework for you to do lol)

And again you bring up campbell as if Shanahan keeping (or starting) Colt will somehow depend on how he views JC lol...nonsense. Colt might be dumped off the team right ALONG with Campbell, so stop using your perceptions of JC as some sort of validation of your thoughts because it's irrelevant. Colt might just be putrid enough on his own to warrant being let go, yanno :yes:...

You left out Stan Humphries, Jeff Rutledge and Babe Laufenberg.

And John Friesz lol...

Ah, yes, because college success ALWAYS translates into NFL success. How well did Campbell do his last year in college again? Remind me (homework for you to do lol)

And again you bring up campbell as if Shanahan keeping (or starting) Colt will somehow depend on how he views JC lol...nonsense. Colt might be dumped off the team right ALONG with Campbell, so stop using your perceptions of JC as some sort of validation of your thoughts because it's irrelevant. Colt might just be putrid enough on his own to warrant being let go, yanno :yes:...

That's fine with me as long as Jason goes I wouldn't care if you started for us. :D

If Jasons career is ended because of open competition, it wont be due to bum azz Colt Brennan. I swear Im still trying to see why everyone continues to think this guy can fight for the #1 spot. Anythings possible, but he got his azz handed to him last year by Chase Daniel. If anything, CB fans need to pull for this scrub to get better. Stop acting like he is some hot shot who's proven himself time in and time out. Cause he hasnt. Right now he is garbage bag juice.

You do realize that the term bum azz is racist, don't you?

And John Friesz lol...

And before that,Joey T.. Oh yeah. I can remember,(somewhat vaguely mind you),some interesting debates at school and at my house about having Joe come in as the starter back when I lived there. My dad and coaches against all us young guys screaming for Joe to come in. Big fun. ;)

And before that,Joey T.. Oh yeah. I can remember,(somewhat vaguely mind you),some interesting debates at school and at my house about having Joe come in as the starter back when I lived there. My dad and coaches against all us young guys screaming for Joe to come in. Big fun. ;)

I remember those days and would see him occasionally at Westwood Country Club. No way he was going to start, hell he was lucky to return punts :)

I remember those days and would see him occasionally at Westwood Country Club. No way he was going to start, hell he was lucky to return punts :)

Yep. I remember bringing up that great game against USC during that downpour,(they lost but still.... ;) ),and that usually got the "Yeah and? College son. College." or something along those lines. :silly:

Not even close.

Chang:

http://smu.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=22700

Brennan:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=145275

Colt's career completion percentage is over 70%, Chang never was higher than 59%. Then look at the TD/Int ratio and QB rating. Chang set his records over 5 seasons, Colt did it in 3.

Chang = system quarterback.

Colt = phenom in a great system.

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

But the bottom line is, it's still up to Shanny to decide whether or not he can play. If he thinks he can, so be it, if he doesn't think Colt can play then I guess we have our answer since Shanny knows QB's.

I know this is a Colt thread, but as long as some of you are bringing up other QB's, aren't we forgetting about Richard Bartell in all of this? :silly:

Archived