Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why aren't blonde jokes considered just as discriminatory as black or Muslim jokes?

ljs

Folks,

Given the nature of Tailgate, I suppose it shouldn't surprise me that this thread became a collection of jokes.

But don't you think that going from there to attacking the OP for even asking the question is just a tad excessive?

I didn't read the whole thread---people shouldn't be too hard on ljs in any "attack." She's not stupid or mean. She's good peeps.

PW's right. But to me it's pure bs that people can openly make white racist jokes but if I as a white dude were to say something off color that's not ok to them. Who said that the only people who can make racist jokes are those that aren't white? Excuse me? When was this decision made? Why didn't I get a voice in that? To me forcing white racist jokes on me is a complete double standard and I won't stand for it. It's enough to get people to be more racist then to stop racism.

PW's right. But to me it's pure bs that people can openly make white racist jokes but if I as a white dude were to say something off color that's not ok to them. Who said that the only people who can make racist jokes are those that aren't white? Excuse me? When was this decision made? Why didn't I get a voice in that? To me forcing white racist jokes on me is a complete double standard and I won't stand for it. It's enough to get people to be more racist then to stop racism.

Shut up, cracker.

;)

Because we all understand that being blonde is not really a hardship in this country. In fact, quite the opposite. Blonde, blue eyed people have it easiest of all. So it's not really threatening.

:doh: Stupid post of the day, next I'm sure your gonna say I should feel guilty that 200 years ago blacks were slaves and that somehow is my fault

Oh please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4f9zR5yzY (NSW)

Question:

Would your ideal world be:

(a) No jokes based on race, religion, hair color, height, weight, etc.

OR

(B) Nobody offended by jokes based on race, religion, hair color, height, weight, etc.

Which one of those is the "colorblind" world?

:doh: Stupid post of the day, next I'm sure your gonna say I should feel guilty that 200 years ago blacks were slaves and that somehow is my fault

Of course I didn't say anything of the sort, nor imply it in any way.

You go on feeling oppressed, don't let me get in your way.

They are just jokes. You can find jokes not funny or find them funny its up to you but there is no reason to get offended over jokes. Even if that person is racist, a joke is an attempt at humor not to tell you to go out and beat up a black person. If you can see it as just a joke, then it cant hurt anyone nor should it. I like all kinds of jokes! Racial jokes just happen to be the funniest. We need some more good white jokes. I love Dave Chappelle talking about his white friend Chip...lol We should all be able to tease and joke with one another without everyone getting so offended.

Your answer was to post this stupid crap? No blacks can get into time machines? I see what you did there....Already called it that you'd try and spin this and attempt to make me feel guilty for slavery. If you don't admit that white is best that makes you an *******? If that's not the most backhanded stupid racist thing I've heard today. Man stop trying to get me to give a damn about the color of your skin and start trying to make me care about whats in your head and in your heart. I'm not going to feel guilty about slavery because everyone was a slave once. To me the color of the hair is stupid, color of the skin is stupid, it's all bull**** made up by someone trying to get over on someone else. Fall for that if you choose to, I'm not guilty of anything. Be groovy or be a jerk, that's your decision. No one chooses to be white, black, or any color. And no color is best. Pure bull

Of course I didn't say anything of the sort, nor imply it in any way.

You go on feeling oppressed, don't let me get in your way.

Oh really?

Really?

You'll never get in my way, you have no power or control over my life pal. Don't think you mean that much to me. Everytime I hear messages like the one your selling I'm going to stand up and call bullcrap on that. Otherwise you won't see me buddy.

Are you Blonde?

If you want to win the argument just argue that being blonde is a positive that everyone secretly acknowledges and understands. It's like making fun of a man in amazing shape for spending too much time at the gym. He's not going to care because he knows the score. On the other hand making fun of a fat guy for not going to the gym hurts and people will look down on you for humiliating someone like that... and this is why blondes can't fire jokes back at their critics.

win.

lol, not blonde-but good idea

I didn't read the whole thread---people shouldn't be too hard on ljs in any "attack." She's not stupid or mean. She's good peeps.

thanks. didn't realize people would be such asshats to me for asking.

I didn't think much of the jokes at first- I wasn't upset. The more I thought of them, and considering all that is going on in the world today- it did catch a nerve.

I hardly ever get offended. I am wondering if I would say I'm offended now- I think the best way to put it is that I don't feel its appropriate or funny. And I'm a conservative who didn't vote for Obama, but I don't find jokes about his race to be humor.

Your answer was to post this stupid crap? No blacks can get into time machines? I see what you did there....Already called it that you'd try and spin this and attempt to make me feel guilty for slavery. If you don't admit that white is best that makes you an *******? If that's not the most backhanded stupid racist thing I've heard today. Man stop trying to get me to give a damn about the color of your skin and start trying to make me care about whats in your head and in your heart. I'm not going to feel guilty about slavery because everyone was a slave once. To me the color of the hair is stupid, color of the skin is stupid, it's all bull**** made up by someone trying to get over on someone else. Fall for that if you choose to, I'm not guilty of anything. Be groovy or be a jerk, that's your decision. No one chooses to be white, black, or any color. And no color is best. Pure bull

It doesn't surprise me that you didn't get the humor of that clip.

Oh really?

Really?

You'll never get in my way, you have no power or control over my life pal. Don't think you mean that much to me. Everytime I hear messages like the one your selling I'm going to stand up and call bullcrap on that. Otherwise you won't see me buddy.

Dude you need to take a deep breath. Get some Prozac or something. Is there something more behind this unfocused anger that you want to share with the rest of us?

ps - I'm white and I don't feel guilty about slavery.

Oh really?

Really?

Whoa. Somebody needs a hug.

Archived