Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Shanny is the Coach..... humor me..

bubba9497

1. Champ Bailey and that 2nd rounder back

2. Alex Gibbs / Kyle Shanahan

Sort of a side note...but Kyle Shanny would be great - I remember Pat Kirwan on Sirius spent 10 minutes talking about how he knows a lot of coaches look at what Kyle is doing as something really fresh and inventive. I'm not smart enough to see any difference but that gets me a little exited. Maybe he'll know how to use our personnel better.

I could see the father/son team try to bring in one or two OL familiar with their terminologies etc... It currently appears there are two up for FA from Denver (Chris Kuper 27 and Ben Hamilton 33) and two from Houston (Mike Brisiel 27 and Chester Pitts 31).

Also perhaps adding Houston WR Kevin Walter...at 6'3" he is tall lol

You might want to check out this information and note Gibbs has been working on a year to year contract with the Texans.

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2009/12/if_shanahan_and.html

You can infer that he'd want to come with Shanahan if he goes to Washington. Or you can infer that the man will be 69 years old this year and may not want to be tied down to a contract.

I'm more inclined to believe the later and not the former.

Coaches- Kyle Shanny, R. Dennison, Bobby Turner (rb coach)

Players- Tony Scheffler te, B. Hamilton G, C. Weigmann C, P. Hillis rb. C. Kuper G ( not sure if he is a fa or a rfa)

Am sure more, but these i think will be available as fa's to sign. Not sure about Scheffler since skins have 2 nice te's but Hamilton and Wiegmann know the zbs shanny runs and Hillis knows the offense and can run or block.

Hillis...we need more Razorbacks on this team anyway

Agreed. We might be able to draft/sign Mitch Petrus late, but Hillis is my favorite razorback and would look so good in a Skins jersey. I also think we'll get one of great young wide receivers/running backs over the next few years

Does this still work/count when the coach hadn't coached in a couple years? are they still really his guys? Assistants and coordinators I get, but I'm not too sure about the players at this point. Should be interesting though.

Man I hated all of those Florida Gators here, *shudders*

Archived